Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Recruit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:32 pm 

Found this board a couple of days ago while looking on the internet for Bug out Vehicle information. Looked around and I think I may have found my home. I like this place and hope to be welcomed into the fold even though I haven't paid my dues yet. (I will be paying them come the first of the month. I'm no freeloader) I'm in Fayetteville AR and because I worked as a lineman up until last year I have an intricate knowledge of the surrounding area, week spots, good places to but out or just to take a drive. I've only recently been interested in survivalism. I started looking for information because of the tragedy in the gulf. I don't think I'm requited to introduce myself and may even be going about it in the wrong way but I'm just so excited to have found this place that I had to check in and say Hi.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: New Recruit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:16 pm 

Well, nice t' meet you, im in ft smith myself, great of you to do an intro, but I'm not sure how many of the 004's will say hello, lolz.

-fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:58 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't real expect a overwhelming response. Seems like the participation is dying off? I don't know that but it's what I gathered from reading the latest posts. I hope to dive in and go through some of the archives this weekend when I have time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:22 pm 

Its not that participation's dying off, its just that we no longer have a lot of people in one city, not to mention area... There used to be a load in ft smith, as well as Fayeteville/chickendale. before I joined... We're also missing an adequate leader to set things up like monthly meetings, campouts, range-days...

-fenris-

"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:17 pm 

Hey! Glad you found us.

A group of us have been meeting on every first Thursday in Fayetteville for the last three months, and you would be extremely welcome to join in. :) If then's no good, we can get together some other time. I'll pm you my number.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 pm 

Awesome. I'll check my calendar. Not sure I can make it this month but I will definitely make it a priority.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:20 pm 

Um... hello and junk. Welcome to the party!

America is teh roXor!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:21 pm 

-gasps- we've been having meetings? In Fayetteville? Shite... I do love my second-shift, weekdays only job, lolz...

Well, I hope you can go, DarkFe2O3, lolz.

-fenris-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 pm 

Hah, yeah.....

I'll go make it more obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:25 pm 

Welcome, I have been around a little, but I have only been able to mee Dresden and that was by luck. Anyway glad to have you and hope to see you soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:55 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. I'm going to try to make it to the next meeting. I've been trying to go through the old posts here and on the main forum but life keeps getting in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:21 am 

Hi! Welcome to ZS! Look forward to meeting you at the next meeting! :D