It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:19 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

The ZSC-001 Spring Blood Drive will be next Saturday (the day before Easter) on April 3rd 2010!

You've already given your sweat and tears for Zombie Squad, so here's your chance to complete the trifecta and bleed for us!

Zombie Squad puts on one of the largest blood drives in the St. Louis metro area twice a year, and the only groups that beat us are KSHE and the Cardinals. However, since we don't have truckloads of swag to give out to every peebum that walks past, our donors are way more hardcore.

As always, we will be having BBQ and bad zombie movies all freaking day! Veggie BBQ will be available for those of you not wanting to partake of tasty meats!

Please send us email at blooddrivestl at zombiehunters dot org ASAP to reserve a scheduled donation time even if you plan on hanging out with us all day long. The Red Cross freaks out if we don't have a ton of people on the schedule, so having a healthy filled out schedule makes us look way better going into Donation Day.

We are going to be continuing the Dog Tag campaign this year, here's the details:

If you donate and bring in another (non-ZS) donor, you will qualify for one of our Limited Edition Blood Drive dogtags. They're the swanky red ones you may have seen hanging around the necks of the sexier members of ZS recently.

If you cannot donate, but wish to volunteer helping out, simply bring in *2* non-ZS donors, and you'll still get a tag!

Regardless of whether you're bringing in yourself+1 or 2 new people, make sure to schedule them and let us know they're with you when you do, so we can get a headcount for how many dog tags we need.

Speaking of volunteers, we love when other people come in and move heavy stuff around for us. So, we need volunteers specially to set up in the morning, and break down in the late afternoon.

The morning shift is 9am to noon, and the afternoon shift is 2pm to 5pm. If you want to be a volunteer for this event, please email blooddrivestl at zombiehunters dot org ASAP to sign up! Even if you can only stick around a few hours to volunteer, we'd love to get any help we can!

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm 

Well, I registered my attendance on facebook, unfortunately, I forgot that I can't give blood for like... a year?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Got an early spot reserved. Yay for giving blood on Evil Saturday!

B3 was formerly known as: cosmic_castaway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Crouton wrote:
Well, I registered my attendance on facebook, unfortunately, I forgot that I can't give blood for like... a year?

Why? Because of a recent tattoo or piercing? Not true, if you got them from a licensed shop in Missouri! You only have to wait a few days. Missouri is a special case as is Texas, Kansas and Arkansas.

This is a very common mistake. I wish the Red Cross would make that more clear on their website.

Email for an appointment: blooddrivestl@zombiehunters.org

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:43 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

From http://redcrossblood.org

http://redcrossblood.org wrote:
Wait 12 months after a tattoo if the tattoo was applied in a state that does not regulate tattoo facilities. This requirement is related to concerns about hepatitis. Learn more about hepatitis and blood donation.

Acceptable if the tattoo was applied by a state-regulated entity using sterile needles and ink that is not reused. There are 32 states that currently regulate tattoo facilities. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation.

I guess they have raised the number of states from the last time I checked on that. There are now 32 states! Unfortunately, this information wasn't that easy to find and they do not list which states. Annoying...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm 

kyle wrote:
Crouton wrote:

Why? Because of a recent tattoo or piercing? Not true, if you got them from a licensed shop in Missouri! You only have to wait a few days. Missouri is a special case as is Texas, Kansas and Arkansas.

This is a very common mistake. I wish the Red Cross would make that more clear on their website.

Email for an appointment: blooddrivestl@zombiehunters.org

Actually a slight trip to Afghanistan, lol. When we got home they told us there was a certain amount of time we had to wait. I'm gonna have to do a little research, and unfortunately I'm at work. Either way I'll probably drop by.