Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:14 am 

She's 3. And a momma's girl right now. We're slowly working up to taking trips with Dad. While it will one day be taught to her, I'm thinking it may be a bit much right now. I like to start slow. Like with sparklers, and work up to roman candles and M-80's.

On a separate, but related note, I went out with zs 29 on a hike with our BOB's the other day. We (about 10 of us) did a little over 5 miles with quite a bit of elevation change. It'll tell you real quick if what you have packed is feasible, especially with the up and down hills and stuff. I'm happy to say I was almost fully loaded, including all of my water (which I wouldn't need to carry that much of up here), and it went really well. Only thing I wasn't packing was my rifle and pistol, which can be a lot. I had my 4 ar mags and 1 pistol mag stowed out of sight so as to not freak people out. I'd strongly suggest you guys get together and do the same thing. We did a 2.5 mile loop so people could drop out, drop off their packs, or just shed some stuff. They do that about once a month up here, and it's not part of the monthly meeting. They've got something going about 3 weeks out of the month. I'm getting lots of good ideas. Mwhahahahahaha (evil laugh)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 am 

Rugger wrote:
She's 3. And a momma's girl right now. We're slowly working up to taking trips with Dad. While it will one day be taught to her, I'm thinking it may be a bit much right now. I like to start slow. Like with sparklers, and work up to roman candles and M-80's.

On a separate, but related note, I went out with zs 29 on a hike with our BOB's the other day. We (about 10 of us) did a little over 5 miles with quite a bit of elevation change. It'll tell you real quick if what you have packed is feasible, especially with the up and down hills and stuff. I'm happy to say I was almost fully loaded, including all of my water (which I wouldn't need to carry that much of up here), and it went really well. Only thing I wasn't packing was my rifle and pistol, which can be a lot. I had my 4 ar mags and 1 pistol mag stowed out of sight so as to not freak people out. I'd strongly suggest you guys get together and do the same thing. We did a 2.5 mile loop so people could drop out, drop off their packs, or just shed some stuff. They do that about once a month up here, and it's not part of the monthly meeting. They've got something going about 3 weeks out of the month. I'm getting lots of good ideas. Mwhahahahahaha (evil laugh)

We have a ruck incorporated into the range day. It's only like a mile but it's something. Also if you wanna start with sparklers I have a .22lr Bird's head cowboy gun she can shoot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
We have a ruck incorporated into the range day. It's only like a mile but it's something. Also if you wanna start with sparklers I have a .22lr Bird's head cowboy gun she can shoot.

I still have the Chipmunk .22 I got when I was 4; I could bring that out as well. ;)

ETA: Oh, that's funny. Apparently the picture I found is from the Violence Policy Center, on a page about how the evil firearms industry has recently started trying to market firearms to children.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am 

klrvagabond wrote:
LimitBreaker600 wrote:

I still have the Chipmunk .22 I got when I was 4; I could bring that out as well. ;)

ETA: Oh, that's funny. Apparently the picture I found is from the Violence Policy Center, on a page about how the evil firearms industry has recently started trying to market firearms to children.

Throw a pink grip and hand guard on it and it's marketed to kids now instead of silly wives. Roger that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm 

lol

MOLON LABE

http://www.blackoptex.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:40 pm 

I hate that they did that to that VN hand guard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:58 pm 

but now it's so purty :lol:

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 pm 

GR1MSTONE wrote:
lol

Isn't that what the UN guys carry?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 am 

Rugger wrote:
GR1MSTONE wrote:
lol

Nah, thats GR1MSTONE's airsoft rig.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Rugger wrote:
GR1MSTONE wrote:
lol

there's a difference?

Well they are both tasty

RickOShea wrote:
there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am 

Chase The hero wrote:
LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Rugger wrote:
GR1MSTONE wrote:
lol

there's a difference?

not really, i use that along with my little pony grenades that i keep in a hello kitty backpack, they explode with glitter. it's SUPER intimidating. :lol:

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:11 am 

GR1MSTONE wrote:
Chase The hero wrote:
LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Rugger wrote:

there's a difference?

not really, i use that along with my little pony grenades that i keep in a hello kitty backpack, they explode with glitter. it's SUPER intimidating. :lol:

no lie, i really want to see those in action :lol:

Well they are both tasty

RickOShea wrote:
there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:39 am 

Chase The hero wrote:
GR1MSTONE wrote:

no lie, i really want to see those in action :lol:

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 pm 

HAHAHA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:41 pm 

Wow. So I finally got my ar project put together. I really hope that nothin changes and I get to come ouy. As it stands right now, ill be there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm 

irishhunter wrote:
Wow. So I finally got my ar project put together. I really hope that nothin changes and I get to come ouy. As it stands right now, ill be there.

Good to hear. I picked up a 1 point mount and sling for mine today. Also got 250 rounds of 5.56. I'm excited how this is turning out. Going up to the range to cut mesquites all day tomorrow. Also I walked the route for the ruck yesterday and it's only .96 miles. I might modify it a bit to get a full mile at least.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 pm 

I seriously want a glitter exploding grenade!!! You guys wouldn't understand unless you've played a paladin in WoW ... >.>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 pm 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
irishhunter wrote:

Good to hear. I picked up a 1 point mount and sling for mine today. Also got 250 rounds of 5.56. I'm excited how this is turning out. Going up to the range to cut mesquites all day tomorrow. Also I walked the route for the ruck yesterday and it's only .96 miles. I might modify it a bit to get a full mile at least.

awesome, i got this in today for my latest ar build, should get to put it though it's paces next month.

plus now i'll actually get shoot my eotech next to this and compare :D , yes i'm rubbing it in.

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:08 pm 

GR1MSTONE wrote:
yes i'm rubbing it in.

I want to karate chop you right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 pm 

I will only be able to be there all day saturday though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:14 pm 

irishhunter wrote:
I will only be able to be there all day saturday though.

Like I told Woody, one day is better than none. Probably won't do much sunday anyways other than breakfast. I spent my BAH check on ammo and a chest rig so I can't afford to shoot 2 days anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm 

what kind of rig did you get?

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm 

What kinda chest rig you get? I still have some of my issued rigs that I never used, got an eagle industries RRV, and a 15 pocket rig from voodoo tactical (which was never used).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:20 pm 

http://originalsoegear.com/microrig.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next