Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse
At the Sci-Fi Expo this past weekend, LimitBreaker 600 and I talked about the possibility of doing a Bugout down to his place in Proctor. We had planned to meet there once before last fall but thal fell through. This time, we would go down for an overnighter with shooting and archery practice. He has a 450 yd range and plenty of room for all of us on the property.

We were thinking of a weekend in March but the floor is open for suggestions.

Info for this event (sorry it took so long to get it moved here).

Date: March 17-18

Time: Show up whenever. Will be stepping off around noon

What to bring: Whatever you plan on shooting. We are going to supply the burgers and hot dog stuff. We request that you bring some chips or cokes. Also we are gonna supply a shitload of water for the range.

Address is:
250 Comanche County Road 335
Dublin, TX 76446

Phone number is available on request. or you can add me on http://www.facebook.com/strube0119

We will step off at noon on a short walk to the range. We will be walking on the property the whole time so open carry is permitted and encouraged. Sometime near dark we will walk back to the house where we will be cooking burgers and Chase will hopefully be making Texas Turbo Dogs. I intend to sleep out in the yard and welcome everyone to join me but there are places to sleep inside for those who want to.
My dad is trying like hell to get the .50 cal and will definitely be bringing his .300. If he does get the .50 you will probably have to buy ammo from him if you want to shoot it, which is a fairly reasonable request considering the cost of .50 BMG.
Lesli says she will entertain wives but also wants them to know that they will have to be at the range for at least some of the day.

If I missed anything let me know please.

ETA: we have a ford ranger to use as a supply/transport truck for those who don't wanna walk

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am 

Let me know Ill do my best to be there!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am 

Woody187 wrote:
Let me know Ill do my best to be there!!!

this.

Well they are both tasty

RickOShea wrote:
there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 pm 

That would be bitch'n, I have some long range toys that need to have their legs stretched.

MOLON LABE

http://www.blackoptex.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:14 pm 

My brother will be home on R&R from sometime around the 15th to the end of march. I'm not 100 percent if he will be on board for camping or whatever since he's been sleeping outside quite a bit lately. But I will ask him. Anyways what I'm getting at is, if he's not down for it then we might have to push it to April. Cuz I'm not about to tell him his what to do while he's home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm 

Gr1mstone, I lol so hard every time I see your avatar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Gr1mstone, I lol so hard every time I see your avatar

lol I know right, I never watch the show but that pic has always made me grin like an idiot. BTW a couple questions. 1) can I bring my dog? He's a really friendly boxer, and we always pick up after him so no worries there (if not, no problem I can make other arrangement) and 2) will there be someplace I can plug in an extension cord? Don't worry I'm not plugging in a tv or any "city boy" things like that.

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 am 

up at the actual range there is no electricity. As far as the dog you can bring him. But my grandparents live next door and own the property. They are those dumb type of people who heard one bad thing about boxers 100 years ago and now assume that every boxer will rip a kids face off. So as long as you keep him close when we are near the house and he if won't chase cows it's probably fine. The conversation usually goes like this *ring ring* Me: "Hello?" Maw Maw: "Did you see that big scary looking dog?" Me: "Oh you mean Steve? yeah that's Jordan's dog" Her: "I think he might hurt Starli" Me: "yeah he looks really menacing asleep in the bed of my truck"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 am 

Brother I say let your bro come home spend time with him and let him relax. We can do it another time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
up at the actual range there is no electricity. As far as the dog you can bring him. But my grandparents live next door and own the property. They are those dumb type of people who heard one bad thing about boxers 100 years ago and now assume that every boxer will rip a kids face off. So as long as you keep him close when we are near the house and he if won't chase cows it's probably fine. The conversation usually goes like this *ring ring* Me: "Hello?" Maw Maw: "Did you see that big scary looking dog?" Me: "Oh you mean Steve? yeah that's Jordan's dog" Her: "I think he might hurt Starli" Me: "yeah he looks really menacing asleep in the bed of my truck"

Are we camping at the actual range? The only reason I ask is because I have sleep apnea and I need to plug in a breathing machine when I sleep. I won't die without it but I do sleep better. It's not the end of the world if I can't use it, but y'all might hear me snoring like a bear.

And my dog (Bowser) is goofy as all get out but he stays close to me wherever we go and he's really sweet, I think his head might turn completely upside down if he saw a cow though, he'd be all "what the F**K is that?"

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 am 

Actually he wants to do it. We had talked about him meeting you guys and also had talked about camping some. I talked to him today and he was all about it. So it actually works out. We were gonna do CHL on the 24-25th of march. But that got cancelled so it would be a great weekend for this event. He suggested we hump it from my house to the range with is just a little over a mile. We also have a little truck that we will use as a supply truck. Which his wife is gonna drive and be our go-for, since this isn't really her cup o' tea. I was gonna have Lesli do it but she would rather hump it with us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:37 am 

GR1MSTONE wrote:

Are we camping at the actual range? The only reason I ask is because I have sleep apnea and I need to plug in a breathing machine when I sleep. I won't die without it but I do sleep better. It's not the end of the world if I can't use it, but y'all might hear me snoring like a bear.

And my dog (Bowser) is goofy as all get out but he stays close to me wherever we go and he's really sweet, I think his head might turn completely upside down if he saw a cow though, he'd be all "what the F**K is that?"

We can camp at the range or we can hump back to the house when it starts getting dark and cook out or something. plenty of space for tents around the house. and I actually have RV hookups all the way around so electrify wouldn't be a problem. Hell we could probably fit all the tents INSIDE the house.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 am 

Sounds awesome, I'm still down. Thanks for all the info man.

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Actually he wants to do it. We had talked about him meeting you guys and also had talked about camping some. I talked to him today and he was all about it. So it actually works out. We were gonna do CHL on the 24-25th of march. But that got cancelled so it would be a great weekend for this event. He suggested we hump it from my house to the range with is just a little over a mile. We also have a little truck that we will use as a supply truck. Which his wife is gonna drive and be our go-for, since this isn't really her cup o' tea. I was gonna have Lesli do it but she would rather hump it with us.

is the one mile ruck along a road, or all on the property?

Well they are both tasty

RickOShea wrote:
there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am 

Chase The hero wrote:
LimitBreaker600 wrote:

How do you like it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 am 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Chase The hero wrote:
LimitBreaker600 wrote:

How do you like it?

im all for humping it in the rough, but i was wondering if this was long a county or public road, or if this was going to be inside the proprety. Just so i know whether i can carry my pistol with the ruck or not.

Well they are both tasty

RickOShea wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:57 am 

Honestly, out here you can carry it either way. Me and Jeff will have ours. But we can go through the property, I understand some people have more to lose by having a random sheriff drive by. If it was just me they would stop and talk, ask about the gun, and keep moving. But a group would probably get more attention. The terrain is not too rough. Mostly flat, lots of mesquites, couple electric fences. We just have to stay away from the barn. My paw paw has salvage up there and is afraid everyone is gonna steal it (while their big dog rips off children's faces).

ETA- if we walk the property I can make the walk longer or shorter depending on how everyone is feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 pm 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
Honestly, out here you can carry it either way. Me and Jeff will have ours. But we can go through the property, I understand some people have more to lose by having a random sheriff drive by. If it was just me they would stop and talk, ask about the gun, and keep moving. But a group would probably get more attention. The terrain is not too rough. Mostly flat, lots of mesquites, couple electric fences. We just have to stay away from the barn. My paw paw has salvage up there and is afraid everyone is gonna steal it (while their big dog rips off children's faces).

ETA- if we walk the property I can make the walk longer or shorter depending on how everyone is feeling.

I ROFLed at the ripping children's faces off part, if you knew my dog you would be to.

So humping a mile with an AR up front, my kimber on my hip, and a chest rig might be pushing it? and if we're walking i'm gonna have to throw most of the artillery (5+ rifles and ammo) in the truck. that or drive myself.

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 pm 

ALSO very important note. There is a train track directly on the other side of my shooting berm. It has been this way forever. In the 20 years that the range has been there there has only been 1 instance of someone accidentally shooting a parked train. This person was a left handed, first time shooter trying to aim with her right eye(and I'm not real sure that she's not cross-eyed anyways). There aren't always trains parked there but I just wanted y'all to know about it in case you won't be comfy shooting in that direction. If you are hitting your target there is no possibility of it going all the way through the berm even with the .50. Also it's not like a station or anything, they just sometimes leave train cars parked there because there is a switchover up the track a ways and they use it to switch from one set of cars to another. Never any works present or anything like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:12 pm 

GR1MSTONE wrote:

I ROFLed at the ripping children's faces off part, if you knew my dog you would be to.

So humping a mile with an AR up front, my kimber on my hip, and a chest rig might be pushing it? and if we're walking i'm gonna have to throw most of the artillery (5+ rifles and ammo) in the truck. that or drive myself.

We are gonna walk the property to be safe so wear and carry whatever you want. Anything you don't want to carry can be put in the truck for sure. On the dog thing, he is more than welcome in my book. I watched my grandparents' weener dog bite a friend who later had to get 6 stitches. So to me it's just like with human's, it's all about how you were raised

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 pm 

LimitBreaker600 wrote:
GR1MSTONE wrote:

We are gonna walk the property to be safe so wear and carry whatever you want. Anything you don't want to carry can be put in the truck for sure. On the dog thing, he is more than welcome in my book. I watched my grandparents' weener dog bite a friend who later had to get 6 stitches. So to me it's just like with human's, it's all about how you were raised

well he was raised by my goofy self and my goofy wife so go figure lol. sounds good, we don't get many chances to walk around with full tactical gear besides airsoft skirmishes. sub MOA shooting at 100 would equal hitting my target at 450 so no worries :D

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:47 pm 

Ok. Talked to my pop. He's gonna try to make it with his Remy 700 and the Mac .50. Also who would like to blow shit up? That's my range in the video
http://youtu.be/vliN-R-NH2w

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:40 pm 

OH HELL YEAH! i say we find an old washing machine, fill it with that and put it at the 400yd line.

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

i'll be bringing this and more

MOLON LABE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next