We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re-Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Heya folks!

Back in September I learned about ZS at DragonCon and quickly joined up. Unfortunately, there was very little activity on the boards for the 016 so I eventually drifted away. I just now checked in and have discovered that I missed a meeting in Atlanta and that there was a regular food drive in VA Highlands. I'm all dammit and kicking myself for not being more vigilant here for activity.

Looks like there are more people here now so I wanted to re-introduce myself in hopes of getting more active and involved with our chapter.

For Christmas, my family showed me how much they love me by aiding my survival post-apocalypse with a bunch of bug out gear. It reminded me that I would like to discuss bug out bags and just elementary preparedness at one of my neighborhood meetings. Nothing fancy, just broaching the topic to get my neighbors warmed up to it. From what I've gathered, y'all discussed similar things at the meeting and I'd love to learn more about what was discussed to get ideas on how to best present it to my neighbors.

So, Hi! I'm in Decatur and want to participate more with you. If any of you members are up for an informal drink or something, by all means let me know. I am very close to Trackside and they have my favorite (and hard to find) beer on tap.

Post subject: Re: Re-Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:42 pm 

Heya.

I live between Scottdale and Clarkston, and some seasons I throw darts out of Trackside. I'm hoping to talk Doc Al into hosting an event, but am waiting for more concrete details of what that event would be before I approach him.

We talked about having monthly meetings, with one person giving an intro to a particular topic, followed by some Q&A. Some topics: Bug-Out-Bags, First Aid, Firearms, CERT, planning evacuation routes from Atlanta, some sort of support network in case of an interruption of services, HAM Radio... stuff like that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 pm 

Hey there! Nice to see another member crawled out from under their rock :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:17 am 

Hello and welcome back! I too missed the meeting, but I hope to attend the next one as soon as it's scheduled. I think it'll be one of my resolutions this year to make it to more events and try to drum up some more support against the undead hordes this coming year. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 pm 

Hey guys, I figured I should post something about myself on here since some of you have met me at the meeting!
I'm Josh, i live north of Atlanta in Ellijay for the time being, however i spend most of my time somewhere in Atlanta.
I just left the Military after 7.5 years and now I'm a full time student, which is completely different and difficult to get used to. Im extremely adamant about anything outdoors, I'm a big hiker/ camper and i have a kayak,a motorcycle and my jeep that I would like to get out more often. obviously, I'm a big zombie fan, and i have tons of "zombie suppression gear/ survival gear" lol. I hope we can get some stuff set up for this year to get everyone together and have fun, might even get to learn some stuff.
anyways hit me up anytime, I'm usually free.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as needed?"

"If it happens, it happens, if they're not ready, screw 'em!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:31 pm 

Trekker04 wrote:
Hey guys, I figured I should post something about myself on here since some of you have met me at the meeting!
I'm Josh, i live north of Atlanta in Ellijay for the time being, however i spend most of my time somewhere in Atlanta.
I just left the Military after 7.5 years and now I'm a full time student, which is completely different and difficult to get used to. Im extremely adamant about anything outdoors, I'm a big hiker/ camper and i have a kayak,a motorcycle and my jeep that I would like to get out more often. obviously, I'm a big zombie fan, and i have tons of "zombie suppression gear/ survival gear" lol. I hope we can get some stuff set up for this year to get everyone together and have fun, might even get to learn some stuff.
anyways hit me up anytime, I'm usually free.

In the same vein as Josh...

I'm Mike, living in Commerce up I-85. Always have loved the zombie movies over the years and like how not only ourselves, but others have used zombies as a "generic" reason for disaster preparedness. Even if it does sound a little off at first (just kidding! We all know it's only a matter of time), most anything that will increase awareness can only be a good thing. So, I for one, welcome our new zombie overlords!

Retired U.S. Army and into my second career in accounting/finance. Over the years I've been able to take part in great training and such. Just need a little refresher is all. Also, I'm joining the Jackson County CERT team and will be starting training in May.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:04 am 

Hello all,

I never got to introduce myself, this seems like the place. My nickname is Van . I grew up on a farm in N.GA. and have been shooting since I was 5. (gotta love the south :lol: ) I have had a lifelong love (border -line obsession :twisted: )with weapons . I just discovered ZS and started preping recently and I am very happy to be here and meet you all. :D

Post subject: Re-Introduction
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:43 pm 

Nice to meet you Van!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zg2gy0

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as needed?"

"If it happens, it happens, if they're not ready, screw 'em!"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:57 am 

Im glad to see another active person on the forum. Its been getting kinda quiet lately

Sent from Casio Commando using TapATalk

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:42 am 

I just realized I never officially introduced myself. My names Matt as of right now I'm active duty Army for the past 6 years and currently stationed in Hawai'i with my wife and 2 year old son. Im waiting for my medical retirement to move to Georgia where my wife is from (Newnan area). I myself am from South Bend, IN. Im big on outdoors and anything to do with survival. I drive a 2003 Yamaha R6 with a zombie theme paint. Well thats about it for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:55 pm 

Update I finally got my leave form today and will be flying out on the 28th of this month so the July meeting I will be there are there any events going on in July? Cant wait to meet everyone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Ok here's my official re-intro...
My name is Nicole I am a firefighter/paramedic (10+ years) and I live and work on the southside. I have one kid who is about to turn 18 and (hopefully) fly the coop which should leave me in need of shit to do so I don't get all weird and empty-nesty. I do, however, work 3 jobs so my schedule is mind boggling. I am ridiculously obsessed with horror films of all sorts particularly zombies and slasher flicks. I joined ZS after last years Dragon*Con but kind of drifted away after the forum wasn't very active and I'm easliy distracted *squirrell!* but I hope to become an active member and attend meetings and events on the regular. Other than that I'm pretty boring.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Platypus, did I meet you at Monsterbash? It's great to have you on board! Sounds like you are incredibly busy with 3 jobs but hopefully you can come out to one of our events/meetings. We'll also have a presence at DragonCon again this year and are in need of zombies and hunters for the Zombie Walk. We will have a few different activities going on at the Con. Maybe we can see you there!

MFCory, that's great! Can't wait to meet you in person. We're going to be a little slower for the next couple of months than we have been recently both to recover from all the event planning and to prepare for the mess of crazy that's going to start Labor Day weekend and extend pretty much through November. DragonCon is going to be a big weekend for us and then comes Halloween, for which we're hoping to have some big events planned.

We have our meeting coming up in June and we will also have a meeting in July, but both will be a bit low-key. Haven't figured out what we're going to do for the July meeting quite yet but we're working on it and are open to suggestions. Will probably just be a lunch somewhere to talk about upcoming stuff. I think our August meeting will coincide with DragonCon since we're setting up a meet and greet with the St. Louis folks who are coming down. That's going to be an awesome monthly meeting :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Bayjove wrote:
Platypus, did I meet you at Monsterbash? It's great to have you on board! Sounds like you are incredibly busy with 3 jobs but hopefully you can come out to one of our events/meetings. We'll also have a presence at DragonCon again this year and are in need of zombies and hunters for the Zombie Walk. We will have a few different activities going on at the Con. Maybe we can see you there!

Yep that was me at Monsterbash. I was, however, slightly drunk and probably had heatstroke so my memory of that day is not so good :oops: It was a lot of fun though! My schedule is a bit crazy and has no regularity to it but I will do my best to make it to a meeting. I'm on duty for the June meeting so that's out but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the July meeting will fall on one of my off days. I WILL however, be at Dragon*Con no matter what. I've got a room at the Ritz from Thursday to Monday and I'm definitely planning on participating in the zombie walk. I did it last year and had a blast. So if nothing else I will see you there. I hope to meet some more folks soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Well we need to get you a ZS patch for the Zombie Walk! We've got a room at the Marriott for the weekend. I can't wait!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Bayjove wrote:
Well we need to get you a ZS patch for the Zombie Walk! We've got a room at the Marriott for the weekend. I can't wait!

I am in need of some merch - at least a couple patches and stickers, and that belt buckle you guys had at Monsterbash was pretty sweet. Guess I need to visit the store. And D*C this year is going to be EPIC. I'm so excited.