We make dead things deader
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ZSARC Reminder
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Hey, all you HAMs --

We really appreciate all of the enthusiasm to finally get the ZSARC and make it a reality. Please remember, though, clubs like this have to follow many of the same rules as chapters. While the requirements to have real world events don't apply, the standard rules regarding behavior do. Also, like chapters, official events would have to be approved by the Chapter admin staff (part of ZS HQ). A ZS ARC would also be required to follow current and future guidelines regarding member confidentiality, discussions of religion and politics, and openness to the public.

That being said, we think this could be a great way to encourage more people to get involved with HAM radio and a useful tool for members during an emergency.

Post subject: Re: ZSARC Reminder
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm 

Thanks for the reminder! It's easy, when starting something new, or trying to breathe life back into something old, to forget that it may be part of something larger and only focus on what's right in front of you. Speaking for myself, as a newcomer to ZS, I know there will probably be a few things I'll learn the hard way, and other things I'm simply not aware of that could turn around and bite me on the ass. So it's good to know there's folks more knowledgeable about ZS than I am involved in this effort, and that others are watching over the whole process, ready to give guidance where needed.

There's always a certain percentage of any population with the conviction that society is a conspiracy to deny them their rights.
The right to be totally ignorant of any useful knowledge seems to be the basic one.
- Keith Laumer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:25 pm 

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
Hey, all you HAMs --

We really appreciate all of the enthusiasm to finally get the ZSARC and make it a reality. Please remember, though, clubs like this have to follow many of the same rules as chapters. While the requirements to have real world events don't apply, the standard rules regarding behavior do. Also, like chapters, official events would have to be approved by the Chapter admin staff (part of ZS HQ). A ZS ARC would also be required to follow current and future guidelines regarding member confidentiality, discussions of religion and politics, and openness to the public.

That being said, we think this could be a great way to encourage more people to get involved with HAM radio and a useful tool for members during an emergency.

Amateur radio operators are not accountable to you for how they conduct themselves on the air.

Amateur radio operators answer ONLY to the FCC, usually by way of their section's Official Observers / Official Observer Coordinator.

You have no power here.

President - ZSC:029
Net Control - ZS:ARC
N8SX / past VE
ARES Ohio District 10 Rapid Response Team Leader
ARES Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator, Ohio Section
"Until there is no enemy."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:39 pm 
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

While we are holding the ZS net meetings, since we are a part of ZS, we do have to follow the same guidelines....No Politics, No Religion, etc. It basically is the same as any ZS functions, meetings...
I can confirm that there has been none of this on the net meetings.

BTW, Sorry I missed this official announcement... Let's Roll!

ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?‚óŹWant to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at chapters@zombiehunters.org