It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:32 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

This section of the forum will be used for the Zombie Squad radio club. Any business matters related to the radio club, it's function, events it is holding or how to get involved can be posted in this section of the forum.

Please join the Zombie Squad Radio Club forum group if you are interested in updates on the club. You can add yourself to the group by changing your group settings in the User Control Panel here: ucp.php?i=167

The Zombie Squad Radio club, unlike other ZS chapters, will not be region specific. The club will include radio operators within the Zombie Squad community as a whole. The club is currently in the initial planning stages. To get in on the ground floor of the club's planning and structure, jump on in!

Any general discussion about emergency radio, radio equipment or other general radio related stuff that is not directly related to the Zombie Squad radio club business needs to be posted in the ZS communications forum located HERE

If you're interested in learning more about radio communications, a good place to start would be checking out the following links:

Part 1 - Intro
Part 2 - Licensing
Part 3 - Equipment
Part 4 - Networking

Please do not post call-signs, or any other personal information, of other users without permission.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

YAY!

squinty wrote:
I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

NICE! thank you

ImageImageImage

Mother of 7!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:09 pm 

I'm hoping to get my Technicians License some time soon.

NRA MEMBER

Parate Omnes Casus!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 pm 

maybe we should have some folks as Elmers or contacts that could forward the appropriate information along?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

FYI: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=73314&p=1607578#p1607578

Quote:
The goal of the club will be to:

1) Promote/educate disaster communication to those interested in the ZS community
2) Organize radio communication related events both on and off the air (radio nets, ham fests, field days, etc)
3) Help chapter officers/members do the same in their areas on a local basis

I hoped to get this going and hand the reigns to someone else but it appears I'm not able to make the time to do it.

If there are individuals who are experienced with the technology and are willing to put in the time to get this club off the ground again, let me know. I can be reached at kyle@zombiehunters.org

I have some contact info of a few others who have expressed interest in getting this going as well. I am happy to put you in contact with each other. Someone needs to take up the leadership role to make sure it happens. I'm currently the point of contact for ZS-HQ and I will be happy to work with any folks who are up for it.

A good way to promote radio comms will be to stimulate discussion on the forum and to put together articles for our upcoming ZS Blog (Jan/Feb 2011). If you would like to submit an article let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 am 

Suggestion: Having your callsign in your sig would call attention to amateur radio, and possibly get more ZS members interested. At the very least it lets fellow hams know who you are.

There's always a certain percentage of any population with the conviction that society is a conspiracy to deny them their rights.
The right to be totally ignorant of any useful knowledge seems to be the basic one.
- Keith Laumer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 pm 

In.

President - ZSC:029
Net Control - ZS:ARC
N8SX / past VE
ARES Ohio District 10 Rapid Response Team Leader
ARES Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator, Ohio Section
"Until there is no enemy."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm 

Question: I've looked (but not too hard) and I'm not seeing any real "How To" area on the site, with step-by-step directions for doing things or making things. I'm about to build a batch of dual band (2m/70cm) aluminum open stub J-poles (similar to the Arrow brand aluminum J-Pole) that I give to new hams, friends, etc. and I could, if anyone was interested, take plenty of photos of the process and post a "How To..." thread giving complete directions on how to make one yourself. The only problems with the idea is, A) where such a thread is best posted and, B) would there be any interest?

Comments? Suggestions?

There's always a certain percentage of any population with the conviction that society is a conspiracy to deny them their rights.
The right to be totally ignorant of any useful knowledge seems to be the basic one.
- Keith Laumer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 pm 

I would post it in the communications thread which is in the survival equippment area: viewforum.php?f=45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 pm 

When I didn't get any response after a few days I assumed there was no interest. I've already started the batch I'm building but didn't take any photos yet. I'll see what I can do...

- Keith Laumer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 pm 

OK add me to the List

BEar667
Technition
2 meter Alinco HT

NRA MEMBER

Parate Omnes Casus!