It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:04 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Moving to summit lake in a month and was wondering if anyone has a good place to shoot around there. i have been to the quarry in capitol forest but its sucks to hit I5 than to maytown especially since i will be located off of SR8 and the quarry is usually busy(have been to another quarry in capitol that was further into the forest and pretty cool but no idea how to get there, or if i can access capitol forest from SR8, was large and at bottom of a cliff, had a road going up cliff which people 4x4 up). so if anyone knows a place please let me know. Ive been told i will be close to rock candy road? and that has some good spots. If anyone is familiar with this area in general please PM me so i can get info on gunshops(larrys still in east olympia?) GUNSMITHS!, public ranges, shooting clubs and such. thanks for your time, look forward to occupying your AO soon :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 am 

http://www.waguns.org/rangemap.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm 

Larry's is now Cascade Arms, but still right next to Lover's Package there in Lacey. Then of course Wal-Mart, Cabela's, and Wholesale Sports carries firearms too in Hawk's Prairie. There is also a gun shop between Downtown Oly and Cascade.

Rock Candy is right off of Highway 8, not too far from Summit Lake, but I don't know how to describe how to get there, or where it is legal to shoot up there. I have been wheeling up there in the past, but I think the trail is still washed out linking it to the main Capitol Forest roads.

You can get to the main shooting pit by getting on 101 and take the Black Lake Rd. exit (Westside Oly). Follow it out until you come to a T at Delphi and turn Left. When you get to Waldrip turn right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 am 

I shoot out at capital forest sometimes but mostly I hit the pistol range in centralia. It's 24 hours so mostly I go after work and there's nobody but my group there. There is an annual membership but it works out to be 10$ a month. Only downside is you can only shoot pistol caliberes there.

The shop between downtown and cascade moved and is kind of crappy now and is located by cabelas.