It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm 

We have had two requests for our chapter to deliver presentations on various aspects of emergency preparedness. Let's discuss those requests in this thread. We currently don't have a prepared presentation to deliver, but lots of requests have been coming in since we got some exposure on the history channel.

Puyallup Library

The Puyallup Library would like a 2 hour class for their summer reading program on bug out bags, water purification, places to avoid, food stuffs and a little basic first aid as well as the 3 most likely out break causes etc.

Potential Dates: June 27th and July 11/25th. The classes would be on Wednesdays 3-5.

Girl Scouts

Via Squeek:
Squeek wrote:
We have been requested, and it has been approved by HQ, to provide a training opportunity for adult Girl Scouts, who will be attending an Outdoor Learning Week-End.

What I am looking for is someone to provide a BOB show and tell, how much will it cost, and where can I get it...hands on activity for 23MAR12, Friday night, between 1700-1900, at Camp Robbinswold, Lilliwaup.

Saturday, 24MAR12, between 0900-1700, an hour long class, on the 5 gallon bucket emergency kit... students, and staff will be rotating into the class. There should be about 200 participants. :shock:

Food and housing will be provided, bring your sleeping bag... this is a beautiful camp on the Hood Canal... if you like to take photos this is an amazing the place to be.

Let me know, who is up for it! Plan on spending the night....

If you would be available to deliver or develop these presentations in any way, please discuss it here. Let's not confirm participation in these events until we're sure that we can deliver something of quality.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 pm 

The Girl Scout event is on the ZS calendar, and is scheduled for the 23MAR. Reaction window to this event is closing, we need to respond quickly. It is a good opportunity, in a beautiful location.
:D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 pm 

Once again, if you are able to deliver either of these presentations, please let us know!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:03 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Depending on the dates I might be able to help out with the Puyallup Library presentations. If I can't attend I would be willing to loan out any gear or kits needed for the presentation.

I will be working on 3-23 so I can not help out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm 

The Girl Scout gig has been covered by a lady member out of Lakewood, Double G (the Ginger General). She is familiar with the camp, and her husband has volunteered :shock: to take care of the children for the week-end!