Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am 

I work in a .gov building and cannot carrying a firearm while commuting to or from the office. This has casued me to look at less leathal options like pepper spray, since I work downtown.

Like all things carried, I believe it is important to receive proper training. This includes the experience of getting sprayed.

Here is a local class offering some OC trainining, anyone want to take the class with me?
(If you have already had OC/CS training elsewhere I understand if you pass on this opportunity.)

http://www.tridentseattle.com/csstrain.htm

If anyone knows of other training facilities in the area let me know.

SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:30 pm 

NO.

You're gonna look like this. -----> :gonk:

Wait... can I come along just to take pictures? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

See this?

This is me getting certified for OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) Spray in the Non-Lethal Weapons Course in 2001. This is about a half-hour AFTER we got sprayed, rinsed and scrubbed our eyeballs with soap. The fan was the only thing that lessened the agony. One of the most painful days of my life.

Fuck it. Let's do it. :mrgreen:

ZSC:005 The Western Washington Chapter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I bet BigB would happily spray us all in the face for free!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm 

I considered just just having someone spray me in a backyard, but if I'm going to get pepper sprayed in the face.... I want it to mean something. I want it to be part of some kind of formal training, and maybe a certificate of completion. I can't imagine the class being that expensive. [Maybe $30-$50?]

It just doesn't sound as cool to say I convinced my friend to Pepper spray me in the face in my back yard. I see this as hopefully a one time life experience. Maybe I'll let Seanwins videotape it :lol:

SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Black November wrote:
I considered just just having someone spray me in a backyard, but if I'm going to get pepper sprayed in the face.... I want it to mean something. I want it to be part of some kind of formal training, and maybe a certificate of completion. I can't imagine the class being that expensive. [Maybe $30-$50?]

It just doesn't sound as cool to say I convinced my friend to Pepper spray me in the face in my back yard. I see this as hopefully a one time life experience. Maybe I'll let Seanwins videotape it :lol:

I have a feeling getting any kind of certification like that will be a lot more than $50. That wouldn't even cover an hour of instruction and equipment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm 

I took a civilian certification course before joining the USMC. It was $99 for the course, but that allowed me to carry it as a private security officer in the state of Alaska. That course was in 1998. Then I had the good fortune to be pepper spray qualified during the first two years of active duty. That means 3 "training" sessions, one every 6 months so that we would not "forget" the feeling and effectiveness of OC. Sometimes I wonder how dumb Marines really are that some of us would "forget" that damned feeling. I know this one thing about my personal reaction to OC, if you point pepper spray at me, I am pointing my gun back at you. If I am exposed fully ion both eyes, I will not be able to see for at least 45 minutes let alone be effective in a life threatening situation.

So BN, good luck with the class. I hope you get a lot out of the course. I vividly remember all four of my experiences and no longer wish to prove my manhood in the OC arena!!! I recommend having plenty of Johnson's baby shampoo on hand for detox. If you have an inherent issue with rubbing no tear shampoo in your eyes, you might want to reconsider getting pepper spray "qualified".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

DrGonzo wrote:

Yup :mrgreen:

I'm not an OC instructor, but I'd be willing to share what I know about OC if you decide you don't want to pay for a class.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am 

Big B wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:

Yup :mrgreen:

I'm not an OC instructor, but I'd be willing to share what I know about OC if you decide you don't want to pay for a class.

1. This shit hurts

2. Try not to get it in your eyes

3. You just have to suffer if you do get it in your eyes

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Sounds great! And if anyone wants to hit me in the kneecaps with a baseball bat, that sounds like fun too.
Lets go for that and a taser on the same day. Or better yet, electric shocks to the ball sack!
I've never been run over by a car, either.
On second though, I'll pass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm 

Hey, I dig what you said....

"Like all things carried, I believe it is important to receive proper training."

But this is off my screen a bit...

"This includes the experience of getting sprayed."

If you pack a pistol, do you think you should indulge in the experience of receiving three shots to center mass?

I'm all about training, bro... but I'm not gonna get sprayed with ya this go-round. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 am 

Vash the Stampede wrote:
Hey, I dig what you said....

"Like all things carried, I believe it is important to receive proper training."

But this is off my screen a bit...

"This includes the experience of getting sprayed."

If you pack a pistol, do you think you should indulge in the experience of receiving three shots to center mass?.

The trick to pepper spray is that when you deploy this non-lethal weapon you have a large percentage chance of being exposed yourself. This being a chemical reaction, each person may be affected differently. It us important to know what to expect when you gave been dosed as you may still need to fight to get clear of the engagement. I know this still sounds crazy....it is!!! And believe me it sucks balls to have to fight your own eyelids and mind while trying to fight another Marine. But if you ever have to deploy OC you should be ready for the worst case scenario. Isn't that kinda why we are here on ZS?

As ti the shits center mass, if I ciuld be guaranteed that I would live without any lasting affects, I just might take a round so I could get my mind over the natural fear of the injury. But as far as I know there are zero percent chance of coming back without consequences from three to the chest. Also consider that when you deploy a firearm, you are much less likely to be a recipient of your own weapon.

Just some thoughts.

MEANTREE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 am 

F that. My eyes burn just thinking about it.

The morning after OC we were doing PT when half of the class reactivated, a collective groan was heard through out the room.

Never ever ever ever ever again.