Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiding your sexuality.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:25 am 

Here is soemthing i thought up after recently seeing the cross dressing thread which crossed my mind. The shit hits the fan, and you are in a homosexual relationship. Would you want to keep that fact hidden and put a strian on your relationship (if your partner is still one of the living) or would you let it be known? Also when it does finally calm down would you stay in your relationship, or would you make an exception for sex with a women to continue the human race. Your views and opinions please, for all i know this may bring up some interesting facts on other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:53 am 

I dont see why it would really be a problem, unless the other survivors are uh..whats that word? anti-gay or whatever, then I guess there's no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:41 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Homosexuals are doing that right now and they've always have had too. Look at the military or non-Democratic countries.

I don't think this is even comparable to hiding your gender. It's not that hard to hide your sexuality. It's not exactly an obvious physical characteristic.

But, yes I do think it would be important to not unnecissarily advertise anything that would cause a possible conflict unless you know your life will not be in danger. That's common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:44 am 

Yes i am aware that it isn't hard to hide your sexuality, well unless you just happen to have the uber camp style gay. But i am saying if you was in a relationship, being part of a surviving group you are all close together and you may not want to show your love to your partner around the other members incase they are anti-gay and want you gone or soemthign similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:53 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

multipass wrote:
Yes i am aware that it isn't hard to hide your sexuality, well unless you just happen to have the uber camp style gay. But i am saying if you was in a relationship, being part of a surviving group you are all close together and you may not want to show your love to your partner around the other members incase they are anti-gay and want you gone or soemthign similar.

By "anti-gay" I assume you mean oppressive bigots.

I agree with what you're saying which is why I said:

kyle wrote:
But, yes I do think it would be important to not unnecissarily advertise anything that would cause a possible conflict unless you know your life will not be in danger. That's common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:42 am 

If you're proud to be gay, and want it known, I say go for it.

However, if you surrounded by a group of hard-core, Christian, Republicans toting automatic weapons without fear of reciprocity by the law, then I'd say keep it quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:41 pm 

Satan's Nutsack wrote:
If you're proud to be gay, and want it known, I say go for it.

Yeah! That's me!

kyle wrote:
By "anti-gay" I assume you mean oppressive bigots.

I love you Kyle. In a totally non-platonic way.

just kidding please don't freak out

Also, I think that while I would probably hide it in the first few weeks it would get a little tough around a month or two, and I would just try to always have my (future) gun with me. If it came to that. Hopefully it wouldn't, but prepare for the worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:13 pm 

Usually I don't think anyone would want to stick with an oppresive biggoted group just because they probably aren't the greatest building blocks of society if you survive. I say if you find a group like that don't join them and hope either you survive some other way since it would be horrible to slip up and be killed by your supposed "allies".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:59 pm 

I'm not sure that sexuality will be much of anything to flaunt in the PAW, but then again, in a very stressful situation where any day could be your last I could imagine the urge to handle your sweetie.

But if handling your sweetie can get you possible alienation, exile, and hatred from your group would you really risk your survival?

I myself am bisexual, but even if I absolutely adored another female in the group I'd just leave my feelings be in order to ensure my own survival.

or even worse, if I were crossdressing as a boy at the time and crushing on a girl or a girl crushing on me I'd leave it alone, no need to risk being found out or endanger my survival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:11 pm 

Funny this topic should come up...

I have a friend, really he's my brother's friend, but we hang out from time to time, and he just happens to be an extreem racist. When he showed an intrest in joining the ZS, I told him to become more tolerant or he need not apply.

Hate-mongers of any kind are not welcome here, or around me...

This doesn't count for the sexuality topic, hate for any given group is rarely confined to one race or sect...

I Survived Wintergheddon 06', 07'!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:26 am 

I think that hiding ANY type of ... well... anything that there are currently hate groups for would be a good idea during the PAW.

In other words, dont advertise your sexuality, your religion, or ANY of that kind of stuff until you konw WHO you are dealing with in whatever group you have joined up with.

As far as "hate groups" or "hate mongers" go... listen... the HUMAN race is a race hell-bent on hating, and destroying itself. People will ALWAYS find a reason to hate one another. Race, Religion, Country of Origin, Sexuality, Gender, whatever... If you hate people who hate... is that any better?

I get approached from time to time from a hate group that I will not mention here... I think its because I shave my head and they think I am one of them... I try to explain that shaving my head does not make me one of them, and that its only a personal grooming choice.

But there are so many things in this world WORTHY of being hated...

Rape, Murder, Child Molestation, Hunger, Poverty, just to name a few... It leaves me wondering WHY people would waste the time/energy it takes to HATE other people just for such reasons as race, or sexual preferance.

Just because one does not choose to participate in a particular lifestyle, does not mean you should hate those that do.

Prime example is the topic here... sexuality. I am not gay... I love women WAY too much to ever be gay, and I think us guys are ... well... ugly. But you know what? That does not mean I should HATE people who ARE gay... that makes no sense to me.

Its like hating someone who likes a food that I dont... I hate Beets (yuck), my daughter LOVES them... and will eat them right out of the can... should I hate her because she likes a food that I dont?

I have traveled all over this country, mexico, and canada... and I have found one thing... that at thier CORE, people are just people.

Cultures may differ... religions differ... and colors differ... but many things remain the same.

People love their children. People want good lives for their family... and people want to survive as best they can.

But alas... its human nature to want to destroy that which it does not understand... including lifestyles, races, and religions that differ from their own.

Ok... Im gonna get off my soap box now... sorry :oops:

(dont hate me for it) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:02 am 

Bear_B wrote:
But alas... its human nature to want to destroy that which it does not understand... including lifestyles, races, and religions that differ from their own.

that is almost always the crux of the problem.

proper education (and i'm not just talking about school here at all) would solve so many of humanities problems.

sometimes i do feel wiping out the human race and starting again might be best in the long run :o but probably not because we'd make the same mistakes over and over again :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:00 pm 

I feel i must say partialy why i asked this uestion is that i am Bi, i won't deny it and that i am currentlyin a relationship with another guy and i partialy wanted to see waht your reactions would be to news on it and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:29 pm 

I'm a guy and I'm straight. I've met a few gay men, and they were cool. Also, I've very politely turned down a couple of offers before. It's probably the curly black hair. Anyway.

Sidenote: I'd be less concerned with your sexuality in a PAW, and more with the fact you're not getting any.

Homeless survival techniques.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:45 pm 

Aine wrote:
or even worse, if I were crossdressing as a boy at the time and crushing on a girl or a girl crushing on me I'd leave it alone, no need to risk being found out or endanger my survival.

You do realize you just summarized the post-apocalyptic version of <I>Yentl</i>, right?

Hail HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never die! Cut off one limb and two shall take its place! Hail HYDRA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:39 pm 

Quote:
sometimes i do feel wiping out the human race and starting again might be best in the long run

God tried this once, remember?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:25 pm 

That reminds me, I want a boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 am 

I was gonna add to this thread but I think Bear_B summed up my views pretty eloquently. thanks for that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:38 am 

multipass wrote:
I feel i must say partialy why i asked this uestion is that i am Bi, i won't deny it and that i am currentlyin a relationship with another guy and i partialy wanted to see waht your reactions would be to news on it and so on.

Everyone here seems very open minded ...I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:02 am 

Cool, well if you ever meet me you wouldn't exspect me to be that way. since i am a hard ass looking fella. Even my gym instructor at my college didn't think i was that way until i told her. Didn't mention my relationship though of course. But it is interestign how looks can decieve others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:01 pm 

multipass wrote:
hard ass

*whistles*

But seriously, I have the same thing. No one thinks I'm gay until I tell them, and even then many don't believe me. It's redonkulous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:48 am 

bgaesop wrote:
multipass wrote:
hard ass

*whistles*

But seriously, I have the same thing. No one thinks I'm gay until I tell them, and even then many don't believe me. It's redonkulous.

If my wacked out mind takes what piece of my message you quoted and then whistled to a certain way; i didn't mean that ass thats hard man. No i mean i look like a rough head really. You could look at me and think i'm just a normal straight, slightly criminal guy but i can be very carign and such when i feel like it. I love being deceptive to others at times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:28 am 

Boys and gals,

You've come so close to the root of the problem and that is organized religion. They are the ones who have a problem with same sex relations and they have passed it to us in their teachings.

Now as for letting your group know that's totally up to you and the group dynamic. As for me, a wise man once said "If it makes ya feel good! Do it!" and thats how I live my life and I wouldn't let a friends sexuality change my relationship with them, unless ofcourse she was one of my freaks and she wanted to swing to the other sid eof the fence then I'd wanna watch) but nothing would change!!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:47 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Doc_Horror wrote:
You've come so close to the root of the problem and that is organized religion. They are the ones who have a problem with same sex relations and they have passed it to us in their teachings.

Not all organized religion has a problem with sexuality. Regardless, we try to avoid topics that encourage the debating or religion and politics on this forum. It's pointless and counter productive to this community's goals.