The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

flybynight

Re: The Coming Civil War - (Warning: No Politics)

Post by flybynight » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:42 am

absinthe beginner wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 pm
The Boogaloo: Extremists’ New Slang Term for A Coming Civil War

https://www.adl.org/blog/the-boogaloo-e ... -civil-war
I'm still not seeing any possible way a second civil war will be started by white supremist's
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:21 am

boskone wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 am
absinthe beginner wrote:

I've seen the term used, but it's usually accompanied by pictures of someone's "boogaloo garb" or whatever and usually seems to be Hawai'ian-print shirts, cargo shorts, and wildly mismatched arrangements of firearms and ammunitions. (Like AKs with literal bananas in place of banana mags.)

Even if it's being used seriously, people need to stop letting fringes take control of stuff and rendering it effectively off-limits. E.g. OK gestures and tiki torches. :p
Wait, whut? That's my summer uniform you're talking about there, bud! I love my Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts and I'm not giving them up! Now pass me another banana, My AK-smoothie is almost ready.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:46 am

absinthe beginner wrote:

First, this is coming from the ADL, which has shot it's credibility in the foot.

Second, the idea that a whole group of people is using ONE word is ridiculous. And that the word might not have any other meaning. "Excuse me, you keep using that word. I need to check your Extremist Card and make sure you are allowed to be using that. Ah, yes, I see, carry on, but be sure to use it properly. It only refers to a Civil War, and your online posts seem to be referencing... group pleasuring...."

The ADL and SPLC have been bankrupting the meanings of words for a while. Which is sad, as I feel the groups and certain words/labels used to serve an important function in society.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am

Flybynight said: I'm still not seeing any possible way a second civil war will be started by white supremist's
I think it's irrelevant who starts a civil war, or what the initial catalyst is. The purpose of this thread, from a prepping perspective, is to improve awareness of some of the fault lines or centrifugal forces in American society that could ultimately result in a civil war or significant internal strife leading to a collapse scenario or large-scale instability and insecurity in affected areas.
Woodsghost said: First, this is coming from the ADL, which has shot it's credibility in the foot.
You may have noticed I post articles from a variety of perspectives that I think add value or relevance to the discussion. That is not necessarily an endorsement of said organizations or perspectives. I know a lot of people in the prepper community tend to discount anything coming from civil rights groups such as the ADL or SPLC, but I would prefer not to shoot the messenger and instead weigh whatever information is posted on its own merits. I was unfamiliar with the whole "boogaloo" thing, so to me the article was enlightening.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:27 am

absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am
Flybynight said: I'm still not seeing any possible way a second civil war will be started by white supremist's
I think it's irrelevant who starts a civil war, or what the initial catalyst is. The purpose of this thread, from a prepping perspective, is to improve awareness of some of the fault lines or centrifugal forces in American society that could ultimately result in a civil war or significant internal strife leading to a collapse scenario or large-scale instability and insecurity in affected areas.
Woodsghost said: First, this is coming from the ADL, which has shot it's credibility in the foot.
You may have noticed I post articles from a variety of perspectives that I think add value or relevance to the discussion. That is not necessarily an endorsement of said organizations or perspectives. I know a lot of people in the prepper community tend to discount anything coming from civil rights groups such as the ADL or SPLC, but I would prefer not to shoot the messenger and instead weigh whatever information is posted on its own merits. I was unfamiliar with the whole "boogaloo" thing, so to me the article was enlightening.
I have noticed you post from different sources. My criticism is NOT of you. I think you try hard to consider and weigh a lot of information and opinion. My criticism is of the SPLC and ADL. I hope new organizations rise and replace them with better information. They served an important function at one time. It would be sad to lose that social function forever.

Sorry I came off as throwing this at your feet. I hope I'm clear that I don't hold you accountable for the words and actions of others. Nor do I consider you to be "endorsing" anyone's views or actions.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 am

absinthe beginner wrote:

Interesting, but I heard the 'Boogaloo Boys' were US contractors working in the ME.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 am

Woodsghost said: Sorry I came off as throwing this at your feet. I hope I'm clear that I don't hold you accountable for the words and actions of others. Nor do I consider you to be "endorsing" anyone's views or actions.
I didn't take your comments as personal criticism. I did feel it necessary to emphasize that just because I post something doesn't necessary mean I am wholly in agreement with that perspective, or the organization putting out that information. I get my news and information from a wide spectrum of sources, and try to post things in here that might help give ZS readers forewarning of what's coming down the pike. I'd like to think we all have fairly good critical thinking skills and can work out for ourselves what the true picture is.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:27 am

absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am
My comment was an observation. And in no way am I attempting to accuse you taking a side or promoting a belief. That said from a prepping stand point I believe the proliferation such articles and beliefs are in fact true propaganda by groups who are trying to whip up a public frenzy in order to promote a private agenda via fear tactics for justification of actions taken and laws passed and whose true purpose has little to do with combating a supposed white supremacy uprising. Since these groups are more or less centered in certain cities and regions , it benefits us only in providing a direction of where not to go if events should cause one to become a refugee. In this respect, the relevancy of who starts a civil war would have dire consequences of your continued life .

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 am

This reminds me of the super successful 4Chan hoax for turning the "OK" in to a WS symbol.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 am
This reminds me of the super successful 4Chan hoax for turning the "OK" in to a WS symbol.
I can't decide if the success of that effort makes me more annoyed or depressed. :(

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:37 pm

boskone wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:22 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 am
I can't decide if the success of that effort makes me more annoyed or depressed. :(
It chills me to the bone. I'm always reminded of the line from that old kids movie "Flight of the navigator " " We filled your mind with data and maps. what happened? It leaked

John Titor was right

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:04 pm

Fears over rising far-right extremism in New Jersey after growing number of arrests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 27131.html

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Just saw a post on IMGUR on the proper way to make Molotov cocktails.. With comments on what to add to make it more effective. There's no doubt civil war 2 is mainstream . I've always considered IMGUR posters to be very left leaning

John Titor was right

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 pm

absinthe beginner wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 pm
Will America’s billionaires start a second Civil War to protect their wealth and power?

https://www.salon.com/2019/11/24/will-a ... r_partner/
I'm going to admit; I couldn't finish this one. I think the deluge of these type of articles will do far more to spur unnecessary conflict than anything else.

I think part of prepping is also establishing a realistic threat assessment. Civil war may be the worse disaster possible (barring mass extinction event scale asteroid or volcanic activity). It is a real big elephant in the room easy to get worked up over. I don't think it's really likely either unless everyone keeps pushing for it as this article does.

Not trying to pick on the OP. It's important to know this is out there. It helps us gauge what the real threats are. Personally though, I fear the billionaires less than the authors if these sort of articles.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 pm

RoneKiln wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 pm
absinthe beginner wrote:
Will America’s billionaires start a second Civil War to protect their wealth and power?

I'm going to admit; I couldn't finish this one. I think the deluge of these type of articles will do far more to spur unnecessary conflict than anything else.

I think part of prepping is also establishing a realistic threat assessment. Civil war may be the worse disaster possible (barring mass extinction event scale asteroid or volcanic activity). It is a real big elephant in the room easy to get worked up over. I don't think it's really likely either unless everyone keeps pushing for it as this article does.

Not trying to pick on the OP. It's important to know this is out there. It helps us gauge what the real threats are. Personally though, I fear the billionaires less than the authors if these sort of articles.
I don't believe billionaires will start a civil war . At least overtly. It's against their best interests. History has shown over and over that when the wealthy and ruling class feel threatened . They restrict or remove rights and freedoms. Now if you rephrase the question , will billionaires cause a civil war. Yes they could .

John Titor was right

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 pm
RoneKiln wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 pm
absinthe beginner wrote:

I don't believe billionaires will start a civil war, at least overtly. It's against their best interests. History has shown over and over that when the wealthy and ruling class feel threatened, they restrict or remove rights and freedoms. Now if you rephrase the question , will billionaires cause a civil war, yes they could.
fuckin richie-rich cocksuckin' motherfuckers

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Dalio & Tudor Jones Warn: "We Will Kill Each Other" If Our Broken Economic System Isn't Fixed

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/dalio ... isnt-fixed

Bridgewater Associates Founder Ray Dalio and Tudor Investments' Paul Tudor Jones joined Yahoo Finance for the 2nd annual Greenwich Investment Forum earlier this month.

Speaking directly after Connecticut Gov. New Lamont, with whom Dalio is working to bolster Connecticut's schools via a $100 million gift - the largest charitable gift the state has ever received, PTJ and Dalio largely focused their "Fireside Chat" on the flaws of Fed policy, the dangers of America's ballooning budget deficit, and the steps that must be take to "stop us from killing each other" in a violent revolution, as Dalio warned.

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Ackerman: "I See A 'Mad Max' Scenario As Inevitable"

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/acker ... inevitable
“I am a little more bearish than that. I see a Mad Max scenario as inevitable... I try not to think about it because we’ve all got lives to live and kids to raise... When you go back to the calculous of deflation and that every penny of every debt must be paid, if not by the borrower then by the lender, we have already put ourselves into a condition where Social Security is going to fail. Medicare is going to fail. All the ‘just-in-time’ deliveries are going to be in jeopardy. Food from the grocery stores, one day shipping from Amazon, I don’t see how all these thing s can continue to operate in a condition other than in the false prosperity that we have now. We are at the pinnacle of affluence.”

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm

flybynight wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:42 am
absinthe beginner wrote:

I'm still not seeing any possible way a second civil war will be started by white supremist's
Too easy:

Step 1 - Create secret mercenary army
Step 2 - Arm, equip and train with latest gear and gadgets, air and naval power
Step 3 - Invade Brooklyn
Step 4 - ???????
Step 5 - Profit!!!!
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm
flybynight wrote:
absinthe beginner wrote:

Too easy:

Step 3 - Invade Brooklyn
Step 4 - ???????
Step 5 - Profit!!!!
Only to be foiled by a spunky New York janitor and a photogenic co-ed!
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Stercutus wrote:
flybynight wrote:
absinthe beginner wrote:

Too easy:

Step 3 - Invade Brooklyn
Step 4 - ??????? Make blockbuster movie about getting utterly defeated by local gangs and the Mob and having to retreat down the entire Eastern Seaboard all the way to the Keys
Step 5 - Profit!!!!
FTFY

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:21 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Stercutus wrote:
flybynight wrote:
absinthe beginner wrote:

Too easy:

Step 3 - Invade Brooklyn
Step 4 - ??????? Make blockbuster movie about getting utterly defeated by local gangs and the Mob and having to retreat down the entire Eastern Seaboard all the way to the Keys
Step 5 - Profit!!!!
FTFY
Psst ... guys... It's a movie. Real world ain't like Hollywood . There isn't any zombies and there ain't no white supremacist army.

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:00 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:21 pm
NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 pm
Stercutus wrote:
flybynight wrote:

Too easy:

Step 3 - Invade Brooklyn
Step 5 - Profit!!!!
FTFY
Psst ... guys... It's a movie. Real world ain't like Hollywood . There isn't any zombies and there ain't no white supremacist army.
That's what they would want you to believe though, isn't it?

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Blockbuster movie? I don't think so. That movie sucked the sweat off a dead man's balls. I'm guessing it went straight to DVD.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”