Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: south chicago radios
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:58 pm 

Anyone on the south side of Chicago or the south burbs or Northwest Indiana who can be trusted to work on handhelds.
I have 7 Maxon UHF and 6 Wilson UHF. I am looking to get them all on the same channel.
I have no idea how to work on them. I have manuals but no clue what I am looking at.

Post subject: Re: south chicago radios
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 pm 

The problem you're going to run into with those is they are probably crystal controlled. I may be jumping to conclusions there but I haven't seen Maxon or Wilson radios in like 20 years. So if you want to get them on the same channel, if they aren't already you'll need to either find or have crystals made for them and while that may not be terribly expensive, paying someone to replace them and then do any tuning or alignment that may be necessary probably doesn't make a lot of financial sense because you can buy more modern programmable radios for less money. Never mind the whole battery thing.

I know that doesn't answer your question and for that I apologize. My advice would be to see if you can find a Maxon dealer if any still exist.