Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:58 pm 

I don't think a speargun would have very good range. I never fired one, so I don't know, but still it probably doesn't have a whole lot of range. Though on the plus side, spears reuseable, and it could be used to assist in fishing and underwater.

My .02

We need more Kansas members!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:20 pm 

Hazzard wrote:
This is funny... the whole time I watched that movie I kept thinking...

"Okay... the ammunition LOOKS like rebar and I guess it's propelled by either compressed air in a catridge or an explosive cartridge... damn what kind of power does that thing need to be able to launch a 12" piece of rebar hard enough to put it through a zombie's skull?"

I kept trying to think of some way to make it work...

i'd bet its a spring loaded harpoon thrower. when you run out of shell casings or the means to make inexpensive yet good quality gunpowder these ideas become ever more attractive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:13 pm 

CLEAR CUT wrote:
I doubt it. I think more along the lines of a Paslode's fuel cells(small cylindrical cans of compressed air).Then it would need a battery as well to provide the ignition mechanism.

The second ones Olaf posted look to me like they work more like a powder actuated tool-using a blank cartridge to propel the pin or in this case bolt.

From what I read while researching most pneumatic spear guns just use regular compressed air and are charged by either a hand pump or a scuba tank mainly which ever you felt like using.