Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm 

Wow, how did I miss a post about someone having a glock 21 in a chest in the dorms.. Thats pretty fucked up Basp. I can see why nobody knew but you, because if I knew someone in my dorm building had a gun I'd make sure they were thrown out on their ass by the cops. And do you really think that if there was a school shooting going on and you were to bust out with your glock and kill the guy that you'd be justified? You'd be expelled, and criminal charges would be filed. I don't think this thread is about protecting yourself from a gunman, because theres no legal way to do that on a college campus. Thats why we have the cops.

Hey, just started a new blog. Updates 3 times a week. I'd love feedback. Plus it should be pretty entertaining.
http://superboxsix.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:30 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Wether or not someone should be aloud to have a gun on campus is a different matter, than wether or not it is right to be posting about what is right now an illegal act (unless they are on one of the enlightened collages that do allow Concealed Carry).

My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:
Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:19 pm 

Ad'lan wrote:
Wether or not someone should be aloud to have a gun on campus is a different matter, than wether or not it is right to be posting about what is right now an illegal act (unless they are on one of the enlightened collages that do allow Concealed Carry).

I joined a group that was trying to promote the right to carry a concealed weapon on campus after the shooting at Virginia Tech. My school is only 3 hours away from there and in an urban area. But, to quote the group's founder, as liberal as most universities are now adays, it was foolish to think the group would actually accomplish anything. In fact, it was shut down very soon after it was started up.

But the fact remains that there's just no room to be breaking rules of that magnitude. If the rule says "no guns on campus" then the penalties for breaking said rule should be steep.

Hey, just started a new blog. Updates 3 times a week. I'd love feedback. Plus it should be pretty entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:16 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Wolfdude87 wrote:
Ad'lan wrote:

I joined a group that was trying to promote the right to carry a concealed weapon on campus after the shooting at Virginia Tech. My school is only 3 hours away from there and in an urban area. But, to quote the group's founder, as liberal as most universities are now adays, it was foolish to think the group would actually accomplish anything. In fact, it was shut down very soon after it was started up.

But the fact remains that there's just no room to be breaking rules of that magnitude. If the rule says "no guns on campus" then the penalties for breaking said rule should be steep.

I agree with you, rules, even stupid ones, need to be obeyed, and changed by peaceful, democratic means.
Did you set up a part of http://concealedcampus.org? or a different group. It seems vastly unfair that the university shutdown your group. Thats the sort of stuff I would want to raise some noise about, supression of free speech and the right to assemble ect.

Cymro wrote:
Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:13 am 
BANNED

I am retracting something I said earlier. I don't believe legally carrying a firearm on school property is immoral. I think law abiding Americans should be able to carry a gun anywhere they please. The only exception being where it is an overt safety risk, like in a bar or on a plane. It is however, Illegal at this time on school property. Thus, I must strongly discourage doing it. I apologize for running my mouth earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:15 pm 

Ad'lan wrote:
Wolfdude87 wrote:
Ad'lan wrote:

I agree with you, rules, even stupid ones, need to be obeyed, and changed by peaceful, democratic means.
Did you set up a part of http://concealedcampus.org? or a different group. It seems vastly unfair that the university shutdown your group. Thats the sort of stuff I would want to raise some noise about, supression of free speech and the right to assemble ect.

I'm not sure if we had any link to that organization, but I do know that the way we were effectively shut down was the school basically told us there was no way they would even consider it or even recognise the group itself. I can understand though, the campus is in the heart of the city, near some very rough neighborhoods. Theres a certain advantage to keeping armed locals (thugs, gangsters, crack dealers, I wish I was kidding..) away from the students.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Wolfdude87 wrote:
I'm not sure if we had any link to that organization, but I do know that the way we were effectively shut down was the school basically told us there was no way they would even consider it or even recognise the group itself. I can understand though, the campus is in the heart of the city, near some very rough neighborhoods. Theres a certain advantage to keeping armed locals (thugs, gangsters, crack dealers, I wish I was kidding..) away from the students.

I go to a Uni, my Halls is right next to mosside, and hulme, one of the formerly and the new roughest area's of manchester. Drugs and Guns aplenty. How does banning legal concealed carry prevent illegal concealed carry by Thugs, Gangsters and Crack Dealers? Will the Ban prevent them walking into the campus somehow?

Don't belive their bullshit.

Cymro wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 pm 

Ad'lan wrote:
How does banning legal concealed carry prevent illegal concealed carry by Thugs, Gangsters and Crack Dealers? Will the Ban prevent them walking into the campus somehow?

Don't belive their bullshit.

Good point. It doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 pm 

basp2005 wrote:
sworbeyegib wrote:
WILLIE wrote:
basp2005 wrote:
When I lived in a dorm, I had a large wooden chest that I built a false bottom in. I kept all my valuables in there as well as a wakizashi and a glock 21. Nobody knew but me. I'm all for rules, but the glock stays with me.

Dude, whatever you do, don't let anyone talk you into throwing away your life by doing something that is questionable at best. I'm fairly sure that there may be legal problems for you bringing a weapon onto school grounds. I don't know if the dorms count on that one. Even if they don't, getting into a violent confrontation with a wakazashi in a dorm is just a lose/lose situation. And it sounds like a gun already isn't an option for you. I know that sometimes I goof around in my posts, but I'm dead serious here.

Your right, theres no way I'd put a chance on any legal ramifications by having a gun on campus, I'm all for personal protection, but it still needs to be done within the law. As for as the wakizashi goes, IMO it makes a horrible dorm room weapon. For one thing, most likely you are loking for something to incapacitate someone, not kill or maim them. At least with some sort of club or bludgeon, you could use it to subdue and/or knock out an attacker. What if its just some guy that had a little too much to drink and is being a douche, I don't think thats enough of a reason for him to lose any limbs.

Unless of course its a budk sword, then in my book, that counts as a bludgeon.

If you hit some drunk douche with a hammer or a crowbar or you are an idiot and will go to jail. Most people in a dorm are drunk douches! If you want dorm room protection get a can of pepper spray and a cell phone, anything more will get you a ride in cuffs.
What would you do if there was a "school shooting" type of person roaming the halls of your dorm? I don't think a can of spam in a sock is going to do you much good.
"It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Edit: I in no way suggest you break the law, Get some pepper spray and call it good.

Basp, please read our rules before posting again. Namely the one that has to do with discussion of illegal activites. Thank you.

Zoltan wrote:
Chimps are fucking dangerous

Don't ever forget your DBP's!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 pm 

If you live in America, and you ever actually defend yourself with anything on school grounds other than pepper spray you will probably be charged with a felony. A friend of mine had this happen to them when they showed a louisville slugger (and told the person to back off or else) to an aggressive driver that was "driver sidegating" and leaning on the horn. He didn't hit the person's car or anything like that. Of course the charge was dropped, but the DA used it as leverage to sell a plea deal on a simple assault charge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Holy necro, citizenxo!

Stop by the introductions forum and say hello ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 pm 

I'm sure someone already said it, but a sock with a couple rolls of quarters in it. In the wrapper; too loud otherwise. That could ostensibly be for doing laundry, and be small enough to carry in a coat pocket, but wouldn't look out of place in a dorm room.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:02 pm 

Baseball bat alone, suspicion.

Baseball bat w/ glove and ball, very little suspicion, unless you're in europe.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

SweetTea wrote:
Another thing to consider is that conditions will be very cramped, so big swings won't be possible. Baseball bats, lacrosse sticks, and other things that need a big swinging arc to use aren't viable.

Try thrusting, very effective when you know where to hit.

The better option would be to live off campus, generally speaking you will be safer and not have to put up with all the crap from immature college kids

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:22 pm 

IMPROVISATION

A baseball bat is a good weapon but you wont be carring it around, so its better to actually evaluate all the available objects lying around as potential weapons.

Books, haribrush, metal ruler*, powerstrip** all make decent weapons. If you have a kitchen there are pans, knifes, dipper etc.

* A metal ruler is actually an item you might be allowed to carry around...
** powerstrips make awsome improvised flails, but a powercord is actually a nice weapon too (and not as conspicuous as a bike chain)

Edit: Forgot to mention parying beads (such as a rosary). An excellent concealed weapon ;)
Edit2: Also forgot the paperweight and maybe whatever it is called see picture below:

Rule 9: Guns Are for Hunting, Not for Zombie Killing: When your running who has time to stop for bullets? Keeping a shotgun on hand is important but only when your pinned in and need a quick getaway. Its not a proper means for killing zombies as they run out of ammo and need reloading. Remember a Cricket Bat, or Toilet Lid do not need loading!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

At any school, I'd think a good multitool might be your best bet, legally-speaking, as it has so many uses that it would make it difficult for a prosecutor to argue you had it for the intent of cutting someone up. As an example, with my Leatherman Wave and a hammer, I was able to maintain all of my shitty dorm room furniture last year.

My school's a bit more work and outdoors oriented, which opens things up a bit. Basically, if it's a work-or-outdoors-related hand tool, it's usually seen as kosher. It's a good idea to avoid anything too "tactical", but a decent hatchet or axe would generally be seen as OK.

It's nice going to a school where people can walk around with knives on their belt and not get shit for it. I think it also helps that the knives definitely look more like they're going to be used for cutting up apples or whittling, and less like the wearer wishes they could puncture some VC sentries.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:36 am 

Hi guys, I am new as a poster but not a new reader of the forum. Please bear with me as I might have a slight different view.

I am seeing people wanting to carry weapons on a place of university study, their everyday John Doe business, hospitals etc..? I mean wtf (pardon me). Everybody has the right to defend themselves (up to a certain allowed legal degree), but lets not create/become the threat ourselves that we want to be protected from the first place.

Fear leads always to an escalation of violence, (and acquisition of more and bigger and more lethal protection/defence items subsequently), which will only then fead further escalation and violence.

p.s. I am from the EU, so pardon me on not understanding all this "I carry a gun 24/7 even when I pee because something will crawl through the toilet/alien will abduct me, while at it" :lol: (just a sence of healthy irony I hope, you guys in the States actually have it rough, but it has a solvable root cause.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 pm 

This thread is amazing. Thank you to whoever resurrected it, I missed it the first time around.

However you guys seriously dropped the ball on this one. The OP said one of his ‘sports’ was Frisbee, and no one mentions this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fz5vwDJU78 (fast forward to 1:25 or watch the whole clip for 80s B-movie awesomeness)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

JustAnotherSnakeCult wrote:
However you guys seriously dropped the ball on this one. The OP said one of his ‘sports’ was Frisbee, and no one mentions this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fz5vwDJU78 (fast forward to 1:25 or watch the whole clip for 80s B-movie awesomeness)

Haha that was hilarious.. "..you've got a great ass! so do you!"

By the way some thoughts on the melees,

1. Metal Broom ..(this is some serious undercover ninja stuff!)
2. Hockey Stick.. (just don't try to convice us you needed it in LA during August..)
3. Cricket Bat..(not really a sport in the US..serious damage though!)
4. Golf Clubs ..(anything less than Yale and Harvard you should either be on your 50's, otherwise it sticks out like a flare..right..golf in downtown harlem uni..right..)
5.Pool Sticks Titanium (another one for the masses out there!)

I also found this..promising!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImprovisedWeapon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:55 pm 

holy necro post.

FWIW i kept an old axe handle in my dorm in college. I also had a swiss army knife which was probably against the rules but i never had a problem. The RA even borrowed it on several occasions to open things.

while i would not recommend it, especially with the level of drunkenness in my dorm at least, in PA its against university policy not to have a gun not "the law" worst case you get kicked out of the dorm and school.

my blog: GarandThumb.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:26 am 

http://www.defensedevices.com/stinger-keychain.html
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216 ... _chain.jpg

The second one looks fucking painful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 am 

may i present to you the most menacing legitimate tool in existance. the Dead On "annihalator" wrecking bar.
after all, it is technically a hammer, just a cool looking one lol

EDIT: btw, the things you could use one for in a SHTF situation are amazing. talk about your all in one tool. pry bar, hammer, everything you need to literally tear down a wall if you need to

gelgoog wrote:
Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.

Why u should use Snap Caps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 pm 

You could probably get away with a Sjambok. Considered a whip, therefore not necessarily illegal on a campus unless they have a rule against them. I own plenty, love them, and they do wonders.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 pm 

Seems strange that you can't manage to arm yourself on campus. Fortunately my college is fairly rural and enlightened in the arms department. While firearms are banned as are all "weapons", my campus allows knives, axes, and other tools. From a practical point, any blade under 5 1/2" long is kosher. Also, at least 1/4 of the males on my campus carry concealed. Not legal but they're willing to risk it. Most of them are Criminal Justice majors. I know a number of young ladies on campus who maintain their defense with pepper spray, kubotans, knives, and one who keeps a machete handy. There's also a few who carry firearms. I'd say it's a good thing considering how useless our campus security is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next