It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flare Gun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:43 am 

Would this work against a zombie, keep in mind most have been rotting and have lots of exposed flesh so chances are that they are highly flammable, I think a flare gun firing phospherus rounds would take them out rather well, provided you keep the blaze under control. What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:20 am 

No. This is a bad idea for so many reasons. All you’re going to do is get a flaming zombie and enough commotion to attract all of his non-flaming buddies in the area. You’d be better off pistol whipping the zombie than trying to shoot it with the flare gun.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:15 pm 

If the zombies could be distracted in such a manner, a flare might not be a horrible idea. But bear in mind that this is only for the purposes of distraction, not for killing zombies.

Of course, if you can distract them with noise and light, why not just use one of those relatively cheap personal alarm systems? Pull and throw. Continuous loud noise and a flashing light.

As those I most condemn. "
L.E.L., "Lines of Life"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:20 pm 

It'd be cool to shoot ANYTHING with a flare gun (except maybe the sky...), but it's probably not a good idea.

If you really NEED this option (some are just irresistible), then I would suggest purchasing some flare-shells for your shotgun or just getting some road flares, or, if you can get them (not sure they're legal) some colored-smokey flares used for signalling helicopters.

...Think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:24 am 

I gave it some thought and realised it was really a situational weapon, it would have to be a lone zombie or a group crowded together closly and I or my team would have to be elevated (i.e. zombies grouped around or safe house and us on the roof) but even then simple dousing and burning would be easier and more effective, guess the flare gun is more suited for a vampire instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:04 pm 

That's just crazy talk. Vampires aren't real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:48 pm 

Are you kidding me?

I just slayed one last night. He was disguised as the leader of a bunch of space aliens who were trying to kidnap my girlfriend, so I sliced him to death with my silver katana and shot his crew of aliens with my Desert Eagles held in each hand.

Then i pulled on my leather trench-coat and backflipped back into earth's atmosphere, stole a car, and drove home in order to sharpen up my wooden stakes.

uh-DUH!

NOTE: None of this is to be taken seriously

...Think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:52 pm 

A flare gun wouldn't work, the flare is for signal purposes and not for killing. so they got exposed flesh, doesn;t make them flamable. and a phospuroush (spelling sucks i know) round would only work if it was against a living person and was part of a white phospherous grenade. I know someone who landed a flare next to someone and it did no harm, well mighta made the guy need fresh kegs but that's beside the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:50 am 

Using a flare gun nowdays isn't the best option for a weapon.Couple of reasons:

1.Modern flare guns are a lot weaker than the ones in the 80's etc.Back then they had enough punch to ,let's say, through a human skull.Now days they are only capable to fire that small flare high in the sky.

2.Modern flare guns are expensive and usually they are "one time wonders".So basically fire ones and then it's useles.

3.The amount of chemicals in the gun make a bright light.This means that multiple zombies,even miles way, will see it (if shot in the night for instance).

4.The light is bright as hell.This means that either u must shoot eyes closed or you will be blind for 30 secs...critical amount of time.

5.Zombies can be burned but it takes for ever.