gun controll in action.

Share a survival experience with us and explain what you learned from it. You might help someone.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Freak

gun controll in action.

Post by Freak » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Recently I attempted to move down to Tennessee and failed miserably, now I'm back in Michigan damn the arctic wasteland. However this story isn't about me it’s about this very sweet and not so innocent girl I started dating.

Today I got this call, "Oh my god, Jerry just got arrested!" Jerry being my girlfriends so called roommate, had tried to buy a gun, just a day after she pressed assault charges but asked them to drag their feet to serve the warrant. She wanted them to wait to serve the warrant so could move out of the house before the “shit hit the fan”. Jerry, being the intelligent 34 year old transformer collector he is decided to run, I guess he made it a city block, downhill. The police had made the decision to serve the warrant today because his attempt to purchase showed up and they decided he was a high risk.

It’s nice to see a state with loose gun control laws succeed and prove that it works.

Edit:grammar works better when you are not on a 3" PDA screen drinking beer.
Last edited by Freak on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I will ask your advice... Ill even take it into careful consideration... but as we all know, in the end I will go my own stubborn way.

Sorry, being a smartass is my nature...
The Ghoul wrote: Oh, god. I can smell the Chuck Norris jokes coming.....

AwPhuch

Post by AwPhuch » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:03 pm

More to the story?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms - Should be a convenience store, not a Governmental entity
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

firerat

Re: gun controll in action.

Post by firerat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Freak wrote:its nice to see a state with lose gun controll laws sucseed and prove that gun controll works.
Is this sarcasm? God I'm so bad at this. :?
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

Murph

Post by Murph » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:31 pm

firerat wrote:
Freak wrote:its nice to see a state with lose gun controll laws sucseed and prove that gun controll works.
No, it's a spelling/punctuation/grammar disaster.
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

firerat

Post by firerat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Murph wrote:
firerat wrote:
No, it's a spelling/punctuation/grammar disaster.
+1
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

Freak

Post by Freak » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:34 pm

firerat wrote:
Its not sarcasm, Tennessee has minimal gun control laws, to buy a handgun you only have to pass a Federal background check from what I understand. They also have no registration program or waiting period, compared to Michigan this would be "loose".
Last edited by Freak on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I will ask your advice... Ill even take it into careful consideration... but as we all know, in the end I will go my own stubborn way.

firerat

Post by firerat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Freak wrote:
firerat wrote:
Its not sarcasm, Tennessee has minimal gun control laws, to buy a handgun you only have to pass a Federal background check from what I understand, and they have no registration program or waiting period, compared to Michigan this would be "lose".
ok I'm not trying to be difficult, but are you saying -loose- as in, "My pants are too loose," or -lose-as in "If Bob doesn't win he will lose". :?

Again I'm not trying to be an ass here but it could make your original post go one way or the other. :wink:

-George Carlin

Murph

Post by Murph » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:45 pm

firerat wrote:
Freak wrote:
firerat wrote:
Its not sarcasm, Tennessee has minimal gun control laws, to buy a handgun you only have to pass a Federal background check from what I understand, and they have no registration program or waiting period, compared to Michigan this would be "lose".
ok I'm not trying to be difficult, but are you saying -loose- as in, "My pants are too loose," or -lose-as in "If Bob doesn't win he will lose". :?

Again I'm not trying to be an ass here but it could make your original post go one way or the other. :wink:
That and run on sentences FTL.
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

thorian

Post by thorian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:05 pm

To hell with the grammar lesson. Are you saying that Michigan Has loose laws that work, or are you saying that they are tighter then Tennessee and that is why they worked.

I dont know what the hell is going on in this thread :(

Either way glad to hear about your lady friend being ok.
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

Freak

Post by Freak » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:06 pm

AwPhuch wrote:More to the story?
Much more.

The guy that got arrested had moved into the house (against the desires of my girlfriend) with his girlfriend, because they got kicked out of where they were living together, after a while (I'm not sure how long) she apparently decided not to deal with the situation and moved back in with her parents. What I was told is that at some point since his girlfriend took off he decided that Steffane (my girlfriend) was his girlfriend, made a my space page reflecting this. Now, apparently because she wouldn't even pretend to like this guy he decided that to make his fantasy world work he had to kill her hence why he was trying to buy a gun.

Now, I know shes not totally innocent in all this because of her combative attitude but she received two black eyes from this guy hence why she pressed assault charges. I also hear a lot of her dishes was broken and she was late for work because he decided to fight with her about being on the phone with me. I could hear him trying to start arguments more than once while she did her best to ignore him.

We were trying to find a place to stay together but with the way things were going for me it quickly became apparent that this wasn't an option. Not long after I moved down I got kicked out of where I was living (gotta love the bipolar people) under many false circumstances. I didn't want to deal with the problems caused by the people I was staying with (really not a story I want to get into). Now I am signed up for truck driving school starting Monday and and I'm sending applications in with as as many company's as I can.

Freak

Post by Freak » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 pm

thorian wrote:To hell with the grammar lesson. Are you saying that Michigan Has loose laws that work, or are you saying that they are tighter then Tennessee and that is why they worked.

Tennessee's has Loose laws that work, Michigan laws are more strict, but still less than other places. Ether way I find this evidence that you dont have to have California type gun laws for them to work.

Sorry about the bad grammar and spelling. Posting on forums is the only reason I have to keep up with these skills, and I have been hiding out for a while (didn't have internet).

firerat

Post by firerat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Freak wrote:
thorian wrote:To hell with the grammar lesson. Are you saying that Michigan Has loose laws that work, or are you saying that they are tighter then Tennessee and that is why they worked.

Tennessee's has Loose laws that work, Michigan laws are more strict, but still less than other places. Ether way I find this evidence that you dont have to have California type gun laws for them to work.

Sorry about the bad grammar and spelling. Posting on forums is the only reason I have to keep up with these skills, and I have been hiding out for a while (didn't have internet).
Oh ok. :D

-George Carlin

thorian

Post by thorian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Cool Glad to see that it worked out for your benefit. Good luck on the truck driving school
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

razi

Post by razi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:48 pm

sounds like your girlfriend needs to show some discretion with her friends. anyway.

glad no one was hurt. good luck with the trucking!

Freak

Post by Freak » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm

razi wrote:sounds like your girlfriend needs to show some discretion with her friends. anyway.

glad no one was hurt. good luck with the trucking!
wasn't her friend, she didn't want him even living there and was working on find a new place to move to because of him. Her friend needs to have more discretion.

Return to “Survival Experiences”