Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 14171
Location: Portland, OR
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Off topic, but OR related...How much are smaller parcels of rural top semi-rural land going for in Oregon? Say...no less than 5-10 wooded acres?

Absurdly cheap, down in the Klamath Area.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?c ... 8;268,6843


I scanned a few of those properties, but as far as I could tell they all seem, a bit...scrubby? I would pay a little more for something closer to the classic "mature pine, cascading water, and mossy trails" Oregon, ya know? ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musiknlaw/2397154895/


Probably wanna look more in Tillamook, Columbia, Clatsop, Clackamas, Yamill, or Marion counties then.


Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.

_________________
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 1471
Location: Ft. Campbell, KY
ninja-elbow wrote:
Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.


This is normally a good thing in my book. ;)

Looks like I've got some geographic research to do tonight. :mrgreen:

_________________
______________________

U.S. ARMY 11B1P 3rd US INF(TOG) 96-00
U.S. ARMY 94F10 101st 3rd BCT Now

Image
Epulamur libenter eos qui nos subiungeant
________ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us _______


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 1471
Location: Ft. Campbell, KY
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Off topic, but OR related...How much are smaller parcels of rural top semi-rural land going for in Oregon? Say...no less than 5-10 wooded acres?

Absurdly cheap, down in the Klamath Area.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?c ... 8;268,6843


I scanned a few of those properties, but as far as I could tell they all seem, a bit...scrubby? I would pay a little more for something closer to the classic "mature pine, cascading water, and mossy trails" Oregon, ya know? ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musiknlaw/2397154895/


Probably wanna look more in Tillamook, Columbia, Clatsop, Clackamas, Yamill, or Marion counties then.


Roger...tks, Czech.

_________________
______________________

U.S. ARMY 11B1P 3rd US INF(TOG) 96-00
U.S. ARMY 94F10 101st 3rd BCT Now

Image
Epulamur libenter eos qui nos subiungeant
________ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us _______


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 14171
Location: Portland, OR
Shaper wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:
Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.


This is normally a good thing in my book. ;)

Looks like I've got some geographic research to do tonight. :mrgreen:


I love it for that too.

_________________
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 10:50 pm
Posts: 9340
Location: PDX-ish
ninja-elbow wrote:
Shaper wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:
Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.


This is normally a good thing in my book. ;)

Looks like I've got some geographic research to do tonight. :mrgreen:


I love it for that too.


The whole area, really. I love that Hillsboro, a city with a huge hispanic population, has the absolute best Izakaya I've been to outside of Japan in the basement of the old city library. I mean what the fuck? I love it! :lol:

_________________
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheLastRifleMan and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group