All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Off topic, but OR related...How much are smaller parcels of rural top semi-rural land going for in Oregon? Say...no less than 5-10 wooded acres?

Absurdly cheap, down in the Klamath Area.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?c ... 8;268,6843

I scanned a few of those properties, but as far as I could tell they all seem, a bit...scrubby? I would pay a little more for something closer to the classic "mature pine, cascading water, and mossy trails" Oregon, ya know? ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musiknlaw/2397154895/

Probably wanna look more in Tillamook, Columbia, Clatsop, Clackamas, Yamill, or Marion counties then.

Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm 

ninja-elbow wrote:
Northern OR, I-5 corridor to coast range (east/west), Columbia River to Newport (north/south) and the west half of Mt. Hood. Will cost you way more though and a lot of that is just as inaccesible as Klamath plots. Lower Willamtte Valley (I-5 corridor around Salem and Eugene) looks real "farmed" but as soon as you get into the surrounding hills you'll find all kids of creeks with mossy trails and stuff. I'd take a gander down there myself but I really love being close to Portland and living in Portland. This city never grows old on me, even with all it's intricities and wierdness.

This is normally a good thing in my book. ;)

Looks like I've got some geographic research to do tonight. :mrgreen:

U.S. ARMY 11B1P 3rd US INF(TOG) 96-00
U.S. ARMY 94F10 101st 3rd BCT Now

Epulamur libenter eos qui nos subiungeant
________ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us _______

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm 

Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Czechnology wrote:
Shaper wrote:
Off topic, but OR related...How much are smaller parcels of rural top semi-rural land going for in Oregon? Say...no less than 5-10 wooded acres?

Absurdly cheap, down in the Klamath Area.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?c ... 8;268,6843

I scanned a few of those properties, but as far as I could tell they all seem, a bit...scrubby? I would pay a little more for something closer to the classic "mature pine, cascading water, and mossy trails" Oregon, ya know? ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musiknlaw/2397154895/

Probably wanna look more in Tillamook, Columbia, Clatsop, Clackamas, Yamill, or Marion counties then.

Roger...tks, Czech.

U.S. ARMY 11B1P 3rd US INF(TOG) 96-00
U.S. ARMY 94F10 101st 3rd BCT Now

Epulamur libenter eos qui nos subiungeant
________ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us _______

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Shaper wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:

I love it for that too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

ninja-elbow wrote:
Shaper wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:

I love it for that too.

The whole area, really. I love that Hillsboro, a city with a huge hispanic population, has the absolute best Izakaya I've been to outside of Japan in the basement of the old city library. I mean what the fuck? I love it! :lol:

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.