It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:14 pm 

3Fingas wrote:
Patient having organ transplant surgery who wakes up in the middle of the procedure because the anesthesia is wearing off only to find out that there is nobody around to finish the job. That is a level of suck I don't want to think about.

My wife woke up during her colonoscopy if that means anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm 

When it all hits the fan, tbh I would hate to be at a red cross evac rally point... Talk about people goin nuts, every1 would b fighting n rioting to evac. That plus what ever disasters occur = hell on earth. I wouldn't Leave my shelter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 pm 

On the crapper taking a dump.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:48 pm 

Anywhere far away from my daughter and/or anywhere that the Government said to evacuate to!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 am 

1) Large airports in any major city: any outbreak would probably cause the CDC to close and probably lock down / quarantine the airport, meaning that I'd be locked in far from home or at least without a car (usually get a ride to the airport whenever I fly). Even if the airport isn't locked down my gear would probably be in my checked bag so no CCW, and no pointy EDC surrounded by people that are probably very fearful and there fore volatile because they can't get where they are going.

2) On any elevated freeway or bridge in gridlock traffic. Better than the airport, because at least I'll have the car kit and my EDC. But I can all ready see how it would go down...

*sees zombies approaching from front and rear of traffic jam munching on motorists as they go*
Me) Hay Jack have you ever fast roped down paracord?
Jack) No! Would that even work?
Me) Grab the gloves from that duffel :lol:

3)Any large sporting arena or concert, panic breaking out would probably result in a stampede at the exit points and chaos in the parking lots.

3Fingas wrote:
Patient having organ transplant surgery who wakes up in the middle of the procedure because the anesthesia is wearing off only to find out that there is nobody around to finish the job. That is a level of suck I don't want to think about.
Quoted for truth! If they ever need to put me under for any reason I'm gona grab the anesthesiologist and say "you pump me full of that shit because I don't want to remember any of this" :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 am 

Jail or Prison in a cell with a couple guys that don't look too healthy (for a Zombie Apoc)... wait, are those bites?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 am 

My mother in laws house. Then we would have to take her with us. Or California. 35million "the government will provide" types running amok. Yikes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm 

I imagine the worst thing would have to have already been in a smaller emergency immediately prior to SHTF.

Imagine getting in a t-bone crash, waiting for help while you bleed from the head, THEN you notice the rioting/zombies/earthquake/what have you. Or someone in your family got a very bad cut/break and needs to go to the emergency room, but can't get past the zombies.:gonk:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm 

I think this topic basically falls into two categories that depend on the type of scenario.

A. Fast acting SHTF scenario- example: Stuck on a ride in an amusement park watching the uber fast super zombies eat the ride operator directly below you.

B. Slow SHTF scenario - example: Being in large overcrowded city as your .gov/economy slowly wastes away

Thoughts?

There's an unspoken belief among the users of this forum.
"That which was once dead should remain dead and should it once again walk the earth, duty decrees that it must be sent back from whence it came. Preferably in the most bad-ass way possible. "

I would assume this applies to dinosaurs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

greenear123 wrote:
My mother in laws house. Then we would have to take her with us. Or California. 35million "the government will provide" types running amok. Yikes.

gimme a break dude

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:20 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

skelco wrote:
greenear123 wrote:

gimme a break dude

Skelco is correct. We can take a joke around here and some light ribbing but making a general statement about a whole state, one that has a very active ZS chapter that does a lot of great work, is stepping into douche-y-ness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 pm 

on an italian cruise ship asking "where did the captian go?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 pm 

Wolfmanjack wrote:
on an italian cruise ship asking "where did the captian go?"

Haha, I laughed when I read that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am 

An awful lot of "takin' a dump" posts- ya'll get scared from watching Zombieland or something? :lol:

I'd have to say I have two answers- 1, anywhere but home with my family, and 2, stuck in an elevator between floors with my ex. I'd have to chew an arm off myself so I had something to beat myself to death with.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 pm 

Rikers Island in NYC.
Not only are you locked up with thousands of other starving inmates, but when the food in the city runs out your sitting ducks for the cannibal clans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 pm 

greenear123 wrote:

I'm from California, the reason I have plenty of ammo is because of them 'gov will provide for' types. I would hate to be on a freeway anywhere in california, just want to get home and set up my defences for the mass civil unrest that follows from the gangs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 am 

id personally hate to be here in salinas. gang central of california. but i live here, so oh well lol

gelgoog wrote:
Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.

Why u should use Snap Caps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:11 am 

On a guided tour of the city wastewater (AKA Sewage) treatment facility. Oh the smells you will smell!. The sights you'll see! The lunch you may or may not leave behind. :D

On topic, I would have to say anywhere in LA, especially downtown -too many people, too few ways out, an I am not as familiar with it as I would like.

Oneswunk wrote:
Im going to come up with tactical yam powder... Millions I will make. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Jurrasic Park?

Now officially an Arkansasshole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:19 am 

Doc Torr wrote:
Jurrasic Park?

nah, that's already redundant :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

KnightoftheRoc wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:
Jurrasic Park?

nah, that's already redundant :D

Site B, then? Manhattan with the bridges cut, a la "No Man's Land" (Batman)

Now officially an Arkansasshole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 am 

South Pole knowing there is no one going to bring you supplies or get you out of there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:43 am 

In a zombie scenario?

Chuck E. Cheese.

That place is packed as hell all the time, plus with all the dumb kids shouting and screaming it might be a little hard to realize zombies are attacking. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 pm 

Oneswunk wrote:
New Jersey. :mrgreen:

*sigh

work in NYC, 18th floor, subway to main commuter train to bunker down in NJ...

granted where I live is rather rural..or at least it used to be...

I think I'm triple screwed in either case though..

only upside to it, is i'll likely be at ground zero, so I'd have a head start to gettin out of dodge(If I can make it).

On an unrelated note, 12.23.2012..I will be conveniently getting sick that day, and not reporting to work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next