Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:08 pm 

Teqnikal wrote:
There is going to be some build up to *most* End of the World/Apocalyptic type situations. Viral pandemics/zombie outbreaks don't just hit 100 million people across the world in one day. The end of the world most likely will not just happen all of the sudden. Even a worldwide nuclear event would have some pre-cursors. Thing like the Black Plague and genocides of entire peoples were localized apocalypses. Hell, the Spanish flu was a worldwide apocalypse; things just don't go bad overnight.
But let's say they do. The worst place to be would be, living on planet earth. Everything is going to suck for a loooooong fucking time. An event like that is going to send us back about 2000 years. The best and worst of humanity will be seen. Think of the worst thing that someone has done to you, the most disgusting and vile thing ever, the thing that you cannot find it in your heart to forgive them for, now imagine that that is happening all day to everyone on the planet 24 hours a day.
I don't think anyone can be prepared for that. I think most TSHTF scenarios are localized emergencies, either man made or natural. That's really what we're preparing for right?

what about info saved on computers,hard drives and severs? wont that save us from from sliding into the new dark age? plus the mouchers would die off in mass...so that would be cool

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm 

being at work would suck for me :gonk: i would have to go south 25 miles past downtown just to get home/ to the family. work allows no weapons on premise either so baseball from the trunk would have to do :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 pm 

I would have to say that during xmas break on vacation for this year. We are going to california for xmas and that would be bad since we are flying down and we would be without all my preps. My in-laws have a huge stockpile of food but at best a 270 winchester and a 12 gauge shotgun. I don't think they have a generator or a large supply of drinking water. That I will try to get them hooked up with while I am there. Their neighborhood could get a little dicey in a shtf scenario. I'm sure there would be a lot of looting going on. So for me and mine it would be when on vacation. Or standing in front of the fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:03 pm 

i would hate to be on a job out of state or in another country away from home, family and supplies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 pm 

Anywhere close to the fan.

Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:08 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

In a hospital or nursing home as a patient..Your fate would be completely in the hands of others..And as some incidents during Hurricane Katrina prove, that can be a bad bad thing.

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:10 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

what about info saved on computers,hard drives and severs? wont that save us from from sliding into the new dark age? plus the mouchers would die off in mass...so that would be cool[/quote]

When the power goes out, kiss that stuff buh bye.

I got 99 problems but a zombie ain't one..

When TSHTF, I hope I'm wearing sensible shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 pm 

You will have the same kind of dark age for the same reasons of the last dark age.a select few will control all the information.even if you have a laptop filled with books how will you print it? How long will the laptop last?
But not to worry.in a massive shtf scenario there will be enough wreckage left lying around to keep fortune hunters going for centuries.and its not like farm land will be hard to find.you will not even have to clear it.
Some places will be better off than others (islands for example, rural isolated towns) many countries would not significant ly change depending on how dependent they are on modern technology and centralized government.
All in all in 500 years we will back where we are now if we are not further advanced.
All spelling and grammar errors the fault of my phone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

thejackalope wrote:
What about a store like Bass Pro Shops? (depending on the type of SHTF, that is :P )

I recently started working in a Bass Pro Shop store and it's definitely a go to place for any type of preparation for any type of disaster. Weapons, camping and hunting things, medkits, and storage food. Almost everything. I think it'd be a pretty bad place to be.

I'm new, btw. :oops:

If you're working there and can procure the items necessary legally, and then get the fuck out, then it's one of the best places to be if/when the shit hits the fan. It is not a good place to *stay*, because everyone else had the same idea and is heading there right quick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 pm 

thejackalope wrote:
What about a store like Bass Pro Shops? (depending on the type of SHTF, that is :P )

I recently started working in a Bass Pro Shop store and it's definitely a go to place for any type of preparation for any type of disaster. Weapons, camping and hunting things, medkits, and storage food. Almost everything. I think it'd be a pretty bad place to be.

I'm new, btw. :oops:

Check out the "bugging out to Wal-Mart" thread. Any store full o' stuff is a great place to go shop before the SHTF, a terrible place to be WHILE the S is Hing the F.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13017

Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 pm 

vegasguy wrote:
plus the mouchers would die off in mass...so that would be cool

Must disagree. People dying off en masse would not be cool, even people you consider moochers.

(Nor would it be cool if they died off in the state of Massachusetts, if that's what you meant by "in mass." Nor would it be cool if they died at a church service, if that's what you meant by "in mass." I just assumed you meant "in large numbers.")

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 am 

I have had nightmares about being stuck in the subway -the really long underground stretch between eglinton west and Lawrence west. Lots of people, no lights, if i did get topside I would be miles from home. This doesn't even have to be big shit, just a power outage or fire on the subway line is awful. Now that I live a 20 minute walk from the office this is less troubling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 am 

-Long distance from home.
-At the end of a camping/hunting trip where your supplies of food have basically been exhausted.
-In a Hospital/Police Station.
-Where I live, we've been having big-ass earthquakes recently, I was on the toilet for a 5.7mag one, in bed at 0430 for a 7.1mag, on the couch sick from work/Uni for a 6.3mag at around lunch time on a Monday, and on my way to the center of town for another 6.3mag. I find myself assessing the height and how sturdy buildings look as I walk by them now...
-Locked up somewhere, a movie theatre maybe?
-In a personal survival situation, i.e. the wilderness with a broken leg, you just became a last priority for SAR teams...
-Somewhere in a position where you have responsibility(My Mum had to wait for ages at her work(teacher) until she could go home as the children needed to be collected and accounted for).
-An elevator, one of my friends was stuck in an elevator for 6 hours as the campus security bailed and didn't come back.

So ideally you don't want to be: near too many people, too far from home, stuck anywhere already, or in an enclosed space.

Cheers,
Sean.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm 

When figuring for earthquakes, watch the telephone poles, too.
Whenever I drive I look for places to run off the road if the poles come down. Hard to figure sometimes, where one would be safe from live wires.

Safety isn't a lever on a gun, a guard on a knife or any other mechanical device. Safety is a behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

I live in the Los Angeles Basin, and work in Orange County. Im screwed anywhere outside my house. This begs the question; How many of you carry a small "BUG OUT BAG" in your car? I do, and so does the wife.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I need to ask management if in case of a zombie apocalypse if we would store use guns and ammunition.
:lol:

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19895

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm 

DISNEYLAND: How will you tell who is a ZOMBIE, and who is just GOOFY???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:38 pm 

vetvet wrote:
DISNEYLAND: How will you tell who is a ZOMBIE, and who is just GOOFY???

Silver lining: it will take the zeds a long time to bite you through the dumbo/pluto/donald/dopy etc. costume they're wearing. If you work in costume, it counts as armor.

And yes, lot's of us keep BOBS in our cars, or smaller "Get Home Bags."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:45 pm 

It was recommended long ago that you back up important files in your iPod, Zune or smartphone. You can use USB solar chargers to keep them handy in a SHTF scenario. Stuff from the ZSS feed would be handy. AND it'll save weight/room in your BoB.

On topic: I'd hate to be taking a shit at the mall.

Krustofski wrote:
What the... listen man, you don't need a rifle, you can simply throw the bullets with 3,000 fps. Your arms should have been legs, I'm impressed.

Regular Guy wrote:
Lizard looks like he can bend steel by looking at it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 pm 

Any place that has more than 12 people.

Best place: Any where out in the woods with my dogs and a gun or two.
Maybe with a knife or two around a fire with a beverage.

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

Last edited by buck85 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 pm 

in jail

But your wrong. Dead wrong.

GET EM IN THE HEAD!!!

MAXPEDITION MINI CHEST RIG IN BLACK NEVER USED, SEND PM.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 am 

Disney Land or any other major theme park. Could you picture being on a roller coaster, look over and see the person next to you a zombie? Gives me a whole new reason to scream on the ride. If any disaster I feel like that would be a crap place. Natural disaster, oh god the chaos there, viral outbreak....Shit how many ppl are cluster together there on a daily basis? You probably touch a handle or some thing of that nature, that countless ppl touch before you. Seems like a nice place to get your ass bitten, catch some disease, get stomped on by a crowd that is trying to loot, get away etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 pm 

Hard to say.......a large city would be my first choice, but there are so many, in an airplane, in a hospital.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

My worst place has already been said, but I'm a special case....

At work, which is in the Trauma/Emergency Room at a large, busy metro hospital... Yep I'm screwed.

I barely survived Zombie Con 2011! 5 days in the hospital, 3 in the ICU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next