Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:19 pm 

The zoo.
Especially if the zombo-retro-virus can affect animals.

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/foPFgx (very active)
Also part-time sci-fi author - http://amzn.to/vYUbTw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm 

On the phone with Jenny (867-5309).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Worst places imaginable for a sudden outbreak of anything really bad...
1. Prison... in any capacity. If a guard, you're stuck there. If a prisoner, you're really stuck there obligated to a collapsing society to save your @ss.
2. Rush hour traffic... everything is going bad fast and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
3. An amusement park or concert or dance club, anywhere you have lots of people gathered for amusement... who wants to survive on junk food forever and you probably don't have anything you'd ideally be EDC'ing.
4. Inside the protective confines of TSA/air travel.
5. Surgery
6. Retirement home
7. Any formal affair
8. With "that" guy... the one with the sense of entitlement
9. With the hot chick from Spaceballs The Movie and her giant hair dryer
10. Chuck E. Cheese

My ZS Introduction and 1st Post
Epilepsy in PAW and my 3 Day Bug Out Bag and IFAK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm 

The I-95 corridor between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA at about 4:30 PM on a Friday afternoon in the summer would be quite problematic.

Although as a fantasy scenario, being on the floor for the Finals of the NCAA Basketball tournament between Strayer University and The University of Phoenix Online would make for a great story.

People put too much emphasis on ole’ Charlie Darwin’s theory about the survival of the fittest. It has produced a cottage industry of shake-weights, special-muscle-morphing powder drinks, and girly men that sell exercise videos. Not me.
See, this here is the 1911.”

~Peter S. Thompson”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 pm 

Stuck in the men's room at Taco Bell. And they just ran out of TP.

-KD0TCZ/AG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 pm 

Roger Brough wrote:
The I-95 corridor between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA at about 4:30 PM on a Friday afternoon in the summer would be quite problematic.

Ill make the hair on the back of your neck stand up by just adding a couple of things like an upcoming 3 day weekend, a nascar race, and the jimmy buffett concert. now its the I-95 parking lot. Its a SHTF situation in its own right.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:42 pm 

Tater Raider wrote:
Stuck in the men's room at Taco Bell. And they just ran out of TP.

that sounds like experience talking right there... LOL
EDC the TP Bro. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 am 

What if you are an old school Mormon with 17 wives who are all menstruating, and your are hugging the commode with a rare influenza from the country formerly known as Siam, when you hear on the news that it is going down. Speaking of which, It’s Going Down (IGD) is one of the code words my group knows to say, call, text, post, use when TSHTF. You should develop your own.

People put too much emphasis on ole’ Charlie Darwin’s theory about the survival of the fittest. It has produced a cottage industry of shake-weights, special-muscle-morphing powder drinks, and girly men that sell exercise videos. Not me.
See, this here is the 1911.”

~Peter S. Thompson”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:09 pm 

My mother-in-law's house. I'd probably have to nibble on the barrel if I'm stuck there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I'd hate to be out camping or otherwise away from any kind of civilization, IE out of touch. Imagine, SHTF, and then you, being away from any form of media or communication, don't know about it, and are happily headed back into town when WHAM wtf are all these people doing heading toward me in the middle of the road moaning? Who the f left all these cars here? Wait, IS THAT MY HOUSE ON FIRE OVER THERE?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm 

In the hospital with two broken legs :gonk:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 am 

I would have to say New Orleans based off previous experience.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm 

Pelagius wrote:
I am.screwed on the Arizona part.

And you ALWAYS leave room for fireworks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Arizona in general would not be too bad, its Phoenix that will suck. I live on the outskirts of the Phoenix metro area and to tell the truth one of my biggest fears is not being able to evacuate from here due to traffic.

If you think about it you really are limited in terms of on-road routes. You have the US 60, the I-10 and the I-17, and maybe US 87.

The I-10 will be a absolute nightmare in SHTF due to all the people in Phoenix trying to get out (both to the East and West), ditto for I-17 ( North), and the 60 will be bottlenecked both at Gold Canyon and at Sun City. That leave the 87 which is a slow and winding road to start with, add in people that are driving in a panic and you are screwed six ways to sunday. This is the reason that the missus and I both have off road capable vehicles and spend a lot of time off road driving.

One also has to take into consideration the temperance and attitudes of the local populace, in Phoenix you have a rather mixed group in terms of race, income and religion. The last thing anyone would want is to drive through the ghetto during SHTF but, for instance, some parts of the east vally could be just as bad. ( I live in Apache Junction, the Meth capital of AZ)

********Disclaimer*********

I am IN NO WAY trying to be racist or demeaning to any religion, race, or ethnic background. I am a realist. I realize that while *I* may not be racist or predjudiced it in no way means others are not. I keep this in mind when thinking of SHTF senarios. I am of the mindset that any trouble I can avoid, is best avoided. This is why I mention the ghetto, not becase I believe that it is a *bad* place or filled with *bad* people, I understand that most people are not a threat. But I would not take my sister(chinese) through a trailer park filled with confederate\nazi flags, nor will I take my family through a area that may have racial tensions already in place. Just my $.02

1734 E Main st, Mesa, AZ 85203
Phone 480-464-4444
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm 

I work in the worst place to be. A grocery store. But I am not planning on being there if the SHTF. I am constantly keeping up with news and events. I get a whiff of something big happening I am calling in that day. And if it happens with zero notice... Soon as I see crowds moving in I am moving out the back door and gone.

Blitz

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 pm 

Blitzen2k5 wrote:
I work in the worst place to be. A grocery store. But I am not planning on being there if the SHTF. I am constantly keeping up with news and events. I get a whiff of something big happening I am calling in that day. And if it happens with zero notice... Soon as I see crowds moving in I am moving out the back door and gone.

Blitz

That's only the SECOND worst place. Walmart or it's equivalent would be WORST for this scenario. Imagine trying to get OUT while the hoards of survivalist wannabe's are storming IN! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 pm 

Has anyone mentioned prison yet?
I'll put my money on prison being the worst place to be, depending on which side of the bars we're talking about.

Полицейский инструктировал меня, что если убьеш грабителя у себя дома то надо вложить ему в руку нож или иное орудие преступления до того как пришли полицейские, иначе могут самого хозяина дома посадить за убийство.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 pm 

KnightoftheRoc wrote:
Walmart or it's equivalent would be WORST for this scenario.

In my Police Officer days a bad storm knocked out 3/4 of the cities power. Radio stations broadcasted to the public power would probably be out 2-3 three days, we called in our Reserve and Auxillary Police Officers to assit with traffic control points, etc. Everyone in the city flocked to the Wal Mart that still had power. The power company tried to bring up the portion of the grid surrounding the EMO and Hospital. This resulted in loosing 100% of the power. We arrested more than 30 people for shoplifting and had a mass casualty at the same time. More than a dozen people were injured in the frenzy.

I agree, avoid Wal-Mart.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:37 am 

I can't think of any place I'd want to be at when TSHTF. Really, it's gonna suck. It's kind of like the ride to the doctor's office when you're a kid knowing you're gonna get a shot. The ride there is hell. Then when you are in the middle of it, you just deal with it. As preppers and people who are ready to deal with the shit when it hits the fan, we need to realize that no matter what form of shit it is, we'll have to adapt to overcome it. There's really no best or worse places, but I agree with some of you. I would not want to be at walmart..but then again if all hell breaks loose you can grab food, water, a weapon and some ammo on your way out..lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:46 am 

Since I live in Vegas I would say the worst place for me and/or family would be the Las Vegas strip.... god help me if I'm down there when it all goes down.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:48 am 

Wolfmanjack wrote:
On the phone with Jenny (867-5309).

Who can you turn to?

0122358 wrote:
so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:32 am 

Personally, in a SHTF situation i'm staying well clear of any military place; because the way i see it, it can go two ways:
  • If there is no commanding officer, then it will be full of lots of very nervous combat-trained young men with lots ordinance and no-one to tell them what to do; which is a recipe for disaster.
  • If there is a commanding officer, then it will most likely be pretty uptight and totalitarian-like.

Secondly, I'm also staying clear of places that have a lot of people, like supermarkets, strip-malls, churches, hospitals, etc.. basically any place the ignorant masses will flock towards. The more people are gathered, the higher the chance of getting killed due to someone else's screwup.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:27 am 

Ajira wrote:
lots of very nervous combat-trained young men with lots ordinance and no-one to tell them what to do; which is a recipe for disaster.

LMAO, when I read that.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:28 am 

Jsimmonsgr wrote:
Pelagius wrote:
I am.screwed on the Arizona part.

And you ALWAYS leave room for fireworks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Arizona in general would not be too bad, its Phoenix that will suck. I live on the outskirts of the Phoenix metro area and to tell the truth one of my biggest fears is not being able to evacuate from here due to traffic.

If you think about it you really are limited in terms of on-road routes. You have the US 60, the I-10 and the I-17, and maybe US 87.

The I-10 will be a absolute nightmare in SHTF due to all the people in Phoenix trying to get out (both to the East and West), ditto for I-17 ( North), and the 60 will be bottlenecked both at Gold Canyon and at Sun City. That leave the 87 which is a slow and winding road to start with, add in people that are driving in a panic and you are screwed six ways to sunday. This is the reason that the missus and I both have off road capable vehicles and spend a lot of time off road driving.

One also has to take into consideration the temperance and attitudes of the local populace, in Phoenix you have a rather mixed group in terms of race, income and religion. The last thing anyone would want is to drive through the ghetto during SHTF but, for instance, some parts of the east vally could be just as bad. ( I live in Apache Junction, the Meth capital of AZ)

********Disclaimer*********

I am IN NO WAY trying to be racist or demeaning to any religion, race, or ethnic background. I am a realist. I realize that while *I* may not be racist or predjudiced it in no way means others are not. I keep this in mind when thinking of SHTF senarios. I am of the mindset that any trouble I can avoid, is best avoided. This is why I mention the ghetto, not becase I believe that it is a *bad* place or filled with *bad* people, I understand that most people are not a threat. But I would not take my sister(chinese) through a trailer park filled with confederate\nazi flags, nor will I take my family through a area that may have racial tensions already in place. Just my $.02

Man I hear you there. I just hope I am near work,(Sun Lakes) if SHTF. Might as well just cozy up down here with all these fish ponds lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 am 

Projo wrote:
Ajira wrote:
lots of very nervous combat-trained young men with lots ordinance and no-one to tell them what to do; which is a recipe for disaster.

LMAO, when I read that.

Yeah- way to alienate nearly half the forum, there. Read more, post less. Soldiers get to BE soldiers after extensive training, they aren't a bunch of Nervous Nellies blasting away at things that go bump in the night. They also have standing orders that cover this sort of thing- like a loss of standard command structure. Do a little research. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next