Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blog help request
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:53 pm 

Note: I'm not trying to spam here. I'm a new member to ZSC:009 (Las Vegas Chapter), and after a few months of coming to events as an unpaid member (Active duty Air Force, and wasn't sure if my work schedule would allow me to really be part of ZS) I have applied for a paid membership. Recently I started a survivalist blog on Tumblr and was hoping for some input/ideas for articles for my blog. I'm not here just to just try and sling the name http://www.survivalblog.tumblr.com, but I'd really like input from ZS members for ideas for upcoming blog articles, and see if anybody can come up with stuff that I haven't thought of myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Here's the article list that I have come up with on my own in no particular order:

- BOB Overview (just the basics)
- BOB 101 (more thorough coverage of my BOB and why I have specific items in it)
- BOB Situations
- Bugging In vs. Bugging Out
- BOB on the cheap (cheap items, and how to use items around your house for your bag)
- Types of Bags
- Function vs. Practicality (when deciding items for a BOB)
- Food Rations
- Firearms
- Building Fire (probably will divide this up into multiple articles and cover different techniques)
- Paracord
- Everyday uses for Survival Skills
- Water Purifictaion (same as with fire, will be multiple articles for different ways to purify)
- Entertainment items in a BOB
- Flashlights
- Blades
- Hygiene supplies
- Clothing
- Shelter types
- First Aid Kit
- Communication and signaling
- Water Storage & Transportation
- Canning
- Vacuum Sealing

Post subject: Re: Blog help request
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Perhaps include reviews of specific items, wildcrafting, foraging, and raising your own food. Perhaps tie in how a lot of this survivalist stuff can work in to our daily lives as useful tools for living in a time of relative peace while remaining at the ready for when the SHTF (like firearms competition for sport and how learning how to handle a knife properly can be very useful in non-survivalist tasks such as cooking, hunting, and hobby farming). Perhaps add in some DIY, like how to build an alcohol burning stove from a soda can, or perhaps review some good Instructables that already teach that sort of thing and put your own spin on it (like, I would like to see one of those soda can stove Instructables completed with only a multitool like a Leatherman instead of with power tools like a Dremel).

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)