this new subdivision sucks,

If you have a question for members of the Zombie Squad bring it over here.

If this is a question specifically for an official authorized representative of Zombie Squad, Inc. your best bet will be to e-mail service@zombiehunters.org

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Re: this new subdivision sucks,

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:34 pm

gd4, I love you.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:22 am

gravediggerfour wrote:*snip awesome pic*

What Private you dont like the new sub divisions in the firearms forum? FRONT!!!!!!! BACK!!!!!!!!! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're killing me gd4! :lol:

At first I wasn't sure about the new subdivisions, but that was mostly because it wasn't what I was used to. :wink:

Now I think it's great! It helps keep good threads, or threads asking specific questions, from getting pushed to the next page.

Vicarious_Lee
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:33 am

GD4 please confirm my suspicion that this is an ACTUAL pic of you personally yelling at a recruit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:45 am

I reckon it is him - awesome pic regardless :lol:
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

It is indeed him. :lol:
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 pm

I would like to see sub divisions in "Bug out Gear" for Water, Shelter and Food (three subs, one for each!) since we still see BOBs that have a ton guns, sharps and ammo but no food, water or shelter.

By the way guys, good job!
Your work is very much appreciated even if it doesnt sound like it.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Looks like she may have pooped just a little bit :oops:

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Necrodamus wrote:I would like to see sub divisions in "Bug out Gear" for Water, Shelter and Food (three subs, one for each!) since we still see BOBs that have a ton guns, sharps and ammo but no food, water or shelter.

By the way guys, good job!
Your work is very much appreciated even if it doesnt sound like it.
It's been said before (probably in this thread), but we will be subdividing the other forums, as well. Firearms was just the biggest (and the messiest) so it was first.

And, thanks :)

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:gd4, I love you.
+1

FWIW i like the new setup.

ETA, holy shit my +1 reads +1 :shock:
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Impus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Die, You Zombie Bastards!

Post by Impus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:42 pm

ultra magnus wrote:I think if the "show all posts in _____" happens this will be nothing but good and a real best of both worlds thing. I hope we can get the button for any sections that get sub divided.
Lesse, how does this go? Um... "I agree, but... something about sycophantic... Uh..." ...That.
Let Me Die Not Quietly, But Valiantly And Violently

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:07 am

Hoppy, the whole reason we did it was so you'd have 4x the opportunity to shit up threads with how much you hate Ruger.
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:44 am

PistolPete wrote:Hoppy, the whole reason we did it was so you'd have 4x the opportunity to shit up threads with how much you hate Ruger.
ya the chance at cheap shots has passed, but i appreciate it. Ruger sucks, so on and so forth.
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

KnightoftheRoc

Post by KnightoftheRoc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:05 am

I didn't read the section this thread was posted in before starting- I actually thought this was going to be about real estate.... still, some interesting stuff, nonetheless. And, GD4, that door frame doesn't look like it has seen paint since I was there. LOL.

I'm NOT one of the "came for the guns, stayed for the preps" people. When it comes to ARvsAK, I really have no clue, and don't really care- I know the M16, because I was trained with it- I've never even held an AK. Either one can kill you just as dead, or at least screw up your day. As a result, I don't go to the gun forum sections much, and frankly, would be hesitant to ask questions there, based solely on what I have read there. The impression that no matter what my question, there'd be a flame war over A vs B, and I'd probably be ridiculed for my choice, no matter what it was, or how relevant it was to MY preps.

Hopefully, the new arrangement will cut down on some of that crap, and therefore, I say welcome to our new subdivision overlords.

And no- firearms are NOT the "core" of preps, no more so than a can opener is. It's about YOUR focus, not the prep's focus. The core of my preps is keeping sheltered and fed.
silentpoet wrote: My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.

Murph

Post by Murph » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote: Perhaps we could make a subforum for Murph to go to so he can be really mad about it there instead? :roll: :lol:
This sounds like a great suggestion, and would like it looked into immediately.
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:02 pm

OK, I'm finally reading this thread in it's entirety. I'll offer our reasoning for the change.

First, this was done to suit the users. We don't sit around and strategize about how to make people post. I mean, we often discuss how to keep folks on topic, and discuss ways to get people to play nice, but if they want to post in OT, (even though I personally don't really care for OT) then let 'em post in OT. People post more in Firearms than anywhere else. This is an attempt to serve both the casual users and the people who hang out in Firearms. Whether you check into that forum section once a week or you live in there, I could argue that adding sub-forums offers certain benefits.

Second, there's another thread full of people asking why we didn't make more sub-forums. Being as I've received about equal amounts of feedback suggesting this change was too radical vs not radical enough, I'm comfortable that we made a decent attempt at trying to please the most amount of users.

Lastly, certain users seem to mostly use this forum to air their teenage angst and complain. We served ya'll by giving you a reason to continue to loudly and persistently exclaim Everything sucks!.

See! It's a win-win-win at least. :D

Sorry I took so long to offer a non-snarky response to this thread. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns if they still remain.
Angry Peasants, musings on guns and the state of our world

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:34 am

PistolPete wrote: Lastly, certain users seem to mostly use this forum to air their teenage angst and complain. We served ya'll by giving you a reason to continue to loudly and persistently exclaim Everything sucks!.
il take that as an aim at me and say "your not my real father!" and storm off to meet that loose girl with the tattoos that you dont want me hanging out with
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Arch

Post by Arch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:52 pm

I just noticed the new Firearms Sub-Division, and do not care for it at all. I think it will discourage firearms discussions by making it difficult to decide WHERE to initiate a conversation.

Additionally, to offer counter point to the above comment that some people don't know where to start - then how would they know which sub-forum to look in?

This is just my opinion, but the sub-division will drive members toward other sites. I know this is NOT DavePal's intention, but I could see where other "less gun friendly" people would be happy about this.

It seems as if ZS is trying to establish itself as something different than it was when I joined a couple of years ago. This comment comes from a changing general attitude, and more stringent enforcement of "house rules".

ETA: I'm starting to think I'm no longer a good fit here :? .
This thread was my final contribution to ZS:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My invitation to "take a break":

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Arch wrote:I just noticed the new Firearms Sub-Division, and do not care for it at all. I think it will discourage firearms discussions by making it difficult to decide WHERE to initiate a conversation.
Really?

Handguns
Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics
"Hey, I want to buy a new pistol."
"ZOMG FN PUT OUT A NEW PISTOL. SELL YOUR GLOCKS AND BUY IT."

Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles
Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.
"What kind of shotgun should I use for hunting snipes?"
"I'm going to Alaska to hunt TigerBearBuffalo. What kind of rifle should I take?"

Training
Training questions, approaches and reports
"I took a training course last week. Here's a review of it"

Initial Firearms Prepping Q&A
The place to discuss adding firearms to your emergency preparedness plans.
"I've never owned or even fired a gun before. Where do I start?"

General Firearms Discussion
General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums
"HAHA LOOK AT THIS FAT ASS GETTING WINDED RUNNING 10 FEET AND SHOOTING"

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.
Arch wrote:It seems as if ZS is trying to establish itself as something different than it was when I joined a couple of years ago. This comment comes from a changing general attitude, and more stringent enforcement of "house rules".
Statistics
Total posts 1620364 • Total topics 74630 • Total members 25383

That's a lot of people, posts and information. We're making an effort to make everything easier to find/place. As has been stated before, we're going to subdivide the other forums as well. Firearms was just the biggest and messiest.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Arch wrote:This is just my opinion, but the sub-division will drive members toward other sites. I know this is NOT DavePal's intention, but I could see where other "less gun friendly" people would be happy about this.
I don't really understand why you think the categories are "less gun friendly".

No need to explain why you think that. You'll probably make my head explode with the logic. :)
Arch wrote:It seems as if ZS is trying to establish itself as something different than it was when I joined a couple of years ago. This comment comes from a changing general attitude, and more stringent enforcement of "house rules".

Arch, you've been a contributing member to this forum for a long time. I'd hate to lose you but if you are going to dragging out a series of "ZS Sucks" threads, I think it might be more trouble that it's worth for all of us. Why don't you just take a break?

Just so you know, readership has been going up: http://zombiehunters.org/webalizer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Arch

Post by Arch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks for showing me the door Kyle. Clearly constructive criticism is unwelcome here. I think it's time for me to accept your invitation to leave.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 25&t=77253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

Arch

Post by Arch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 pm

kyle wrote:
Arch wrote:This is just my opinion, but the sub-division will drive members toward other sites. I know this is NOT DavePal's intention, but I could see where other "less gun friendly" people would be happy about this.
I don't really understand why you think the categories are "less gun friendly".

No need to explain why you think that. You'll probably make my head explode with the logic. :)

Arch, you've been a contributing member to this forum for a long time. I'd hate to lose you but if you are going to dragging out a series of "ZS Sucks" threads, I think it might be more trouble that it's worth for all of us. Why don't you just take a break?

Just so you know, readership has been going up: http://zombiehunters.org/webalizer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

formerlyZSArch@live.com

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Arch wrote:Thanks for showing me the door Kyle. Clearly constructive criticism is unwelcome here. I think it's time for me to accept your invitation to leave.
I apologize for giving you the impression I was "showing you the door" by advising for you to take a break. That wasn't my intention. It appeared, to me, that your faultfinding thread was merely a response to a moderator warning. A break is usually the best way to cool down.

Hopefully we'll see you back, Arch. If not, I enjoyed reading your contributions and I'm sorry to see you leave.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

D-Train

Post by D-Train » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I don't like the new fire arms division. I enjoy browsing through fire arms and reading any threads I find interesting or helpful. I'm not likely to browse through multiple sub-sub forums though. It just doesn't feel very user friendly to me.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

Frank

Post by Frank » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

finally..arch is gone :mrgreen:

i don't see why everybodies so upset?..its just a forum. I for one am tired of all the gun threads.
KentsOkay wrote:Love how a thread on hiking somehow ends up with twisted balls and lubricating your body in animal grease.
aus.templar wrote:this thread keeps getting worse... or better, I'm not quite sure

Return to “Ask ZS”