Arson/Attacks/Vandalism in Houses of Worship - 2020

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TacAir

Re: Arson/Attacks/Vandalism in Houses of Worship - 2020

Post by TacAir » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:36 am

What really threw me was a notice that the LDS leadership (@SLC?) put out a blanket ban of firearms in the facilities.

The few LDS folks I know had a very hard time with that - seems no explanation was given. I have to assume its a liability issue. Apparently, dead parishioners are cheaper than being sued for an AD etc... After the shooting last year in rural Nv (Fallon) I would have thought a lesson was learned....Guess not.

To each their own. I've always held that the "helping hand of the Lord" is the one attached to the end of one's own arm./...
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

raptor2
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor2 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:13 pm

A church as well as a homeless shelter and public kitchen attached to the Catholic Church was damaged last night.

The church had been a frequent target in the "peaceful" protests.

The homeless shelter was ransacked which means the hundreds of people they feed everyday will likely go without for the time frame it takes to clean up. Of course the Church also has to suspend mass during that time frame.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... e5d453a849
One of the targets for destruction was St. Andre Bessette Catholic Church at West Burnside Street and 6th Avenue.

Someone decided to break every window on the outer doors, no doubt terrifying the homeless person seen sleeping there in the surveillance video of the attack and shattering a program that cares for those who need it most.

“Until I can get the building secured, everything's coming to a stop,” Fr. Gaughan said. “So, there's hundreds of people that we would normally give out food to- and we're not gonna be able to because of this." He did not know how long it would take to make the building safe.

Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese called the attack on the church reprehensible.

"The loss of shelter beds due to violence and vandalism comes at a time when we desperately need safe space for vulnerable individuals to seek refuge from a pandemic and colder, rainier weather. This hurts the community's efforts to get people off the streets and connected to the crucial resources they need."

More details here but does contain politics at link.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/antifa-br ... and-church

Clearly yet another act of despicable people.
Duco Ergo Sum

raptor2 is the new profile name for raptor.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8190

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:04 pm

They are without any ❤️. I've needed such services & my heart goes out to the church, parishioners, and those they save.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 am

Stabbing at a San Jose church. 2 dead, several injured. The identities of the attacker & the victims are not yet known.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Gun attack at the Chatedral of St. John the Divine in NY, via a Reuters news summery. The attack was captured by a Reuters fotog. Single gunman was seen weat a flag of the Dominican Republic. Gunman was shot by PD. Developing story.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:32 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:40 pm
Gun attack at the Chatedral of St. John the Divine in NY, via a Reuters news summery. The attack was captured by a Reuters fotog. Single gunman was seen weat a flag of the Dominican Republic. Gunman was shot by PD. Developing story.
I went to school and was an altar boy at a church and school just a few blocks from there. :(
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

Albert

Post by Albert » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:22 pm

It is legal to carry in a church in Kentucky, unless the church has banned it. And, I'm told that quite a few people do.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Albert wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:22 pm
It is legal to carry in a church in Kentucky, unless the church has banned it. And, I'm told that quite a few people do.
Yes. Some of the churches actually have armed deacons by the doors.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:31 am

DarkAxel wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Albert wrote:
Same here in Texas.

Many started doing so after the Sutherland Springs shooting, but I think a few of them were doing so long before then.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:49 am

DarkAxel wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Albert wrote:
Found this: Deacons for Defense

Albert

Post by Albert » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Just as a point of interest, the statement in Moses's 10 commandments about "Thou shall not kill" is often believed to be a mis-translation. The exact text should be "Thou shall not muder", which allows for a justified killing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_shalt_not_kill

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”