Hurricane Dorian.

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Valarius
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead and many of Romero's films.

Hurricane Dorian.

Post by Valarius » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Hey everyone! Long time no talk, I know.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Hurricane Dorian has become Category 5 with 185+ mile per hour wind speed in the center and 220 mph wind gusts. Expected to make landfall on eastern Florida on Labor Day morning. If you haven't bugged out, do so now. If you are staying, make final preparations. Decide now.

How is everyone?
See you around, HK. And remember folks: victory is surviving to watch another sunrise.

My female avatar is Saeko Busujima from High School Of The Dead. I'm a dude. :mrgreen:

Homeless survival techniques.

Stercutus

Re: Hurricane Dorian.

Post by Stercutus » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Here is a live feed from Port Nassau while it is still up. At least some people have not lost their sense of humor.

https://www.portnassauwebcam.com/
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:24 am

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:11 pm

From the Daily Mail

'People are shooting each other for food and water': Bahamas Hurricane Dorian death toll will be 'staggering' with THOUSANDS still missing as bodies pile up and militias are formed to stop looting.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:36 pm

'People are shooting each other for food and water': Bahamas Hurricane Dorian death toll will be 'staggering' with THOUSANDS still missing as bodies pile up and militias are formed to stop looting.
That is what I was saying in the other thread. The death toll is going to be very high.

I am curious about reports of gunfire. Gun laws are very restrictive in the Bahamas.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Being a survivor of Hurricane Andrew, I can attest to this. Whenever you have a limited amount of resources and a large number of people who were not prepared, there where quite the number of looters attacking. Stories of neighbors of 20+ years shooting each other for food. Canadian Prepped just made a great video of this just a day or so ago.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:42 pm

BTW, for those of you that haven't thought of this and expect to get water locally.

https://time.com/5670986/hurricane-dori ... -oil-spill/

Always know what is upstream. Whether it's a petro-chemical plant or just jerks who pollute the water with their waste.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”