Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 am 

Welcome back to Tactical Tuesday! Today I'll be going over a brief review of a set of gloves I purchased recently, and have had the opportunity to use a few times in the field.

Blackhawk Hellstorm - Aviator Fire Resistant Flight Ops Gloves w/Nomex
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Aviator-Fire-Resistant-Flight-Ops-Gloves-wNomex,1033,1359.htm

While these look like you standard Aviator Flight Gloves, there are a few improvements that set them above the rest in my book. The cowhide leather is the perfect thickness to provide both protection, but also allow for a distinct tactile response when operating fine controls of pistols and rifles. Cuts and knicks that would have otherwise tore up my hand didn't compromise the glove at all. The web of hand also is covered with leather which would prevent slide bite from pistols. Moving on, another great feature is that both the inside and outside of the wrist has elastic on it. Most flight gloves only have elastic on the outside of the wrist. The double placement ensures the glove keeps a snug fit on your hand. The tail of the glove while normally extend to protect part of the forearm, can also be folded back over itself easy. Not to mention, the genuine DuPont NOMEX provides flame/flash protection up to 800ºF (427ºC), as per Blackhawk's site. While that is a minor consideration to most, anyone who's been burned by a hot barrel, it's no joke.

With all of that said, these gloves get my Tactical Tuesday stamp of approval. :!:

the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 pm 

The article was worth it just to get a link to Blackhawk's site and find the care and use manual for these things. I've had a commercial pair of flight gloves for something like three or four years now, and finding a safe way to wash them was practically a godsend. Stains aren't coming out anytime soon, but the stink sure came out! I use them for a little bit of everything most people would use a pair of Mechanix gloves for--and playing army. I may look into the Hellstorm gloves when I decide to get some in coyote.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm 

Crimson Phoenix wrote:
The article was worth it just to get a link to Blackhawk's site and find the care and use manual for these things.

Very true, good catch! Here's a direct link for the Glove Care PDF:
http://www.blackhawk.com/Catalog/Docume ... rsionid=27

the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point