Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:34 pm 

Hey guys I just found this deal and thought I would let you guys know.

1 AR-15 forged lower: $79.99ea
2 AR-15 forged lowers: $74.99ea
10 AR-15 forged lowers: $69.99ea
25 AR-15 forged lowers: $64.99ea
50 AR-15 forged lowers: $59.99ea
100 AR-15 forged lowers: $54.99ea

not sure why you would want 100 lowers.... but even the price for one is pretty good... so there ya go. :-)
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm 

wolfy2020 wrote:

not sure why you would want 100 lowers.... but even the price for one is pretty good... so there ya go. :-)

people own these things called "gun shops" . its a store you would go to that actualy STOCKED firearms that you could buy then and ther. this was before the internet :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 pm 

Hoppy wrote:
wolfy2020 wrote:

people own these things called "gun shops" . its a store you would go to that actualy STOCKED firearms that you could buy then and ther. this was before the internet :roll:

You're welcome for the tip. It's so awesome to be sarcastic to someone who's trying to offer a tip to help everyone out. It makes you look so cool AND it especially drives the point home when your spelling and grammar are so impeccable! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 am 

i know, im awesome arnt i. :lol:

take a joke. you'll last longer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 pm 

INTERNETImageBITCH FIGHT!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:01 pm 

i want 100 lowers!!

my blog: GarandThumb.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:19 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

$100 for a lower sounds like a deal... but I have no clue what I would be getting into. They have "complete lowers" for $189. Anyone have any clue on how good these things are? Seems to me that decent ones I have seen are closer to $500+ for a lower. I would love to drink the AR Koolaid, but just can't bring myself to shell out $1000 yet for one. Plus I love to tinker and putting together an AR from the ground up seems like fun.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Who the hell is Aero Precision? I'd do some research into them before breaking out your wallet.

Might be another Vulcan/Hesse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:38 pm 

Unorthodox wrote:
Who the hell is Aero Precision? I'd do some research into them before breaking out your wallet.

They are a machine shop based out of WA. Like Mega Machine shop, they are a contractor for Boeing that figured that doing Firearms machining between Boeing orders would be a great way to make money.

WA hometown folks on Arf haven't had issues with em, so i'd give them a spin.

Lucky me, Surplus Ammo is local, so i'll probably give these lowers a try at some point

Wildeman_13 wrote:
$100 for a lower sounds like a deal... but I have no clue what I would be getting into. They have "complete lowers" for $189. Anyone have any clue on how good these things are? Seems to me that decent ones I have seen are closer to $500+ for a lower. I would love to drink the AR Koolaid, but just can't bring myself to shell out $1000 yet for one. Plus I love to tinker and putting together an AR from the ground up seems like fun.

A lower is a lower is a lower. Less than half a dozen sub sub contractors pound out AR receiver blanks by the hundreds of thousands, and then sub contractors machine out the Aluminum forgings, before other subcontractors anodize them... before finally the receivers are delivered to RRA, LMT, Colt...

If the machining is in spec, it's good to go. If you're nervous about this company, just go with a more established company. CMMG, RRA, Del-ton, Stag, whatever. Get a good quality lower parts kit from Daniel Defense or CMT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

gordon_freeman wrote:
A lower is a lower is a lower. Less than half a dozen sub sub contractors pound out AR receiver blanks by the hundreds of thousands, and then sub contractors machine out the Aluminum forgings, before other subcontractors anodize them... before finally the receivers are delivered to RRA, LMT, Colt...

If the machining is in spec, it's good to go. If you're nervous about this company, just go with a more established company. CMMG, RRA, Del-ton, Stag, whatever. Get a good quality lower parts kit from Daniel Defense or CMT.

Thanks for the info!

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:15 pm 

Unorthodox wrote:

Aero is an acceptable company. lowers are really a pass fail system. its either a go or a no go. Aero are a go.

as for the complexity of building up a lower. if you can assemble something from ikea, you can build an AR lower.

the price of a single lower here isnt a big deal. thats pretty standard price for a Aero, Superior Arms, Essentail Arms etc lower.

the volume price is pretty good. thier completed lower is a good price. Thier lower with LPK and thier completed lower with stock is a steal
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_ ... 806590381a
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_ ... 806590381a

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

First time I ever put together a lower was without instructions, while trying to remember a web page I saw about it all the while having Famine laugh at me.
I managed to get the thing together after about 20 mins (half hour?) of fiddling. The hardest part was getting the trigger group installed properly. Now I figure I could do a lower in ten minutes or so.

Image http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
Rush2112 wrote:
TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:58 pm 

*semi-hijack*

are spikes and these the only ones that offer the "bullet symbols" for fire/safe? I think they look cool as shit and I was gonna go spikes but they upped their prices on some lowers lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm 

Aero seemed to have good reviews on other boards and such. They're forged lowers and I am sure they are to spec. In which case I am sure they'd be fine. I personally don't have any experience with them however.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:14 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

vyadmirer wrote:
*semi-hijack*

are spikes and these the only ones that offer the "bullet symbols" for fire/safe? I think they look cool as shit and I was gonna go spikes but they upped their prices on some lowers lately.

RGuns have the bullet symbols. They're not too expensive, and mine seems to work.

Beowolf wrote:
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.

wee drop o' bush wrote:
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 pm 

I'm surprised it got this far without someone pointing out that this is a dupe lol. Well sorta dupe, there was another thread about their lower + lpk for $120. I'm buying another one next paycheck lol. Welcome aboard and thanks for posting the deal :)

Selling 5 round OEM licensed production Saiga-12 mags, plastic with metal feed lips, new out of wrapper (I test loaded each mag to make sure they loaded. Don't forget to slide the shell all the way back before pressing down >.<).

$18/each,
2 = Free S&H
5 = Free S&H + free mag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm 

This is a dupe thread?! My bad, I specifically searched for this before I posted but couldn't find anything just to make sure. Sometimes I question the abilities of the search function...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm 

wolfy2020 wrote:
This is a dupe thread?! My bad, I specifically searched for this before I posted but couldn't find anything just to make sure. Sometimes I question the abilities of the search function...

lol dude it's totally cool :) i linked to the Lower + LPK but never even thought to point out that they had the 100 lower bulk buys lol. Crazy that 6 months ago one lower was damned hard to find and >$150 when you did find it.

Selling 5 round OEM licensed production Saiga-12 mags, plastic with metal feed lips, new out of wrapper (I test loaded each mag to make sure they loaded. Don't forget to slide the shell all the way back before pressing down >.<).

$18/each,
2 = Free S&H
5 = Free S&H + free mag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:33 pm 

Spikes Tactical Lowers = $89.95 or 10 for $75ea

RGuns = $55 lowers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm 

karlsgunbunker wrote:
Spikes Tactical Lowers = $89.95 or 10 for $75ea

RGuns = $55 lowers

Not any more, unless you know somewhere other than I do. RGuns is 125, and spikes are all off of the sales prices.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Well, the $55.00 lowers are on their front page. I bought 30 of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:36 pm 

http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semi ... tml#SHARPS

"Sharps" brand lower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 pm 

Abacus wrote:
Well, the $55.00 lowers are on their front page. I bought 30 of them.

I stand corrected. I looked at their "lowers section" and they had stripped for 125.

Abacus, Have you had any complaints/issues with said 30 lowers? (P.S. your new handle is a helluva lot easier to type)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm 

I'm still bummed that I didn't buy a spikes while they were cheap. :cry: