It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm 

Do you like sterling machine gun? How about the the 7.62x25 round...well the two just had a baby!

This is the just released Colefire Magnum pistol, based on the Sterling submachinegun. It is chambered in the hot 7.62x25 Tokarev round, and comes with one high capacity magazine. It has the black crackle finish, a 4.5 inch barrel, a ventilated barrel shroud, and fixed sights. Uses modified Sten mags. Built by Wiselite Arms.

Price: $549.95

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/handguns/miscellaneous/p/sterling-pistol%2C-7-62x25-cal%2C-the-colefire-magnum-by-wiselite-/cPath/16_356/products_id/3940

just add a front grip and an AOW stamp and bam, you got yourself a mock Mk7

here is a full auto vid of the mk7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiNkmivkSqc

Last edited by gelgoog on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 pm 

Love the front grip...pretty sure I have seen Sasha Grey using one before.

.45 ACP is much easier to stop with armor than the smaller, faster 9 mm. On the other hand, the larger mass of .45 ACP allows it to do much better against windshields than 9 mm. What is optimal all depends on your likely engagement scenarios.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:09 pm 

*wipes a tear* It's freaking beautiful :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hmmmm, maaaybe. I wonder how modified that Sten mag is? Extra mags always play a part in my firearm purchases.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm 

do want!

"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."

DavePAL84 wrote:
I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 pm 

I am trying to figure out if they are sten mags. I kind of doubt that the 7.62x25 would fit in either sterling or sten mags :?

If mags are cheap enough, I really think I am going to have to pic this up. Nothing like piles of cheap hot ammo to play around with.

edit: I think if you SBRed that, added a front grip like the mk7 and then welded a side folding stock like that on the mini-uzi , then it would be one hell of a cool PDW.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 pm 

My first real world use for my Sterling MK4 (or the mags atleast)......

I just tried stuffing x25 into the Sterling mag. They don't fit and I can see no way to modify the mag to make them fit. The bullet is too long. Those mags are 40 bucks a pop anyway.

Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm 

ah ok I see how they did it. found this on arf.com

Quote:
The ribs on the back of the STEN magazines which come with the Sterling/Tokarev pistols are cut out to about 3" from the bottom and then a flat piece of steel is welded in its place. Then "7.62x25 ONLY" is stenciled on the back of the mag.

if anyone can find out if they are selling xtra mags on J&G it would be nice...I could not find them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 pm 

Hmmm, a neat little toy. I wonder if a shoulder sling be used to brace the gun forward, thus negating the SBR stamp?

KC0KSV Extra Class

Group Think = No Think

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

It's not like a semi 7.62x25 really needs a lot of bracing, and the weapon is heavy as it is. Not to mention, there's that whole stick magazine to hold onto if you just have to have something to hold onto.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 pm 

I think a 15 round mag would work perfect for this gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:24 pm 

Quote:
Love the front grip...pretty sure I have seen Sasha Grey using one before.

LOL I love her

Would like to see more guns chambered for this round. It's cheap (If not mistaken the cheapest centerfire round available) and it has balls and deep digging penetration. For that matter would like to see some of the smaller hardcore ammo makers bring this into the 21st century...has real potential to blow a man's heart out his back with the right powder and bullet. AFAIK it's stuck with Magsafe and hacksaw dum-dums. Something like a underweight Pow'rball would function fine and do horrible damage to the human body.
Tokarevs and CZ-52's are very affordable handguns too, parts kit tubers PPS-43 and PPSh-41's were dirt cheap last time I checked also, but most likely have skyrocketed in the last year. For a guy on a budget, let alone one who likes to shoot often, the surplus pistols might be a better choice when the competition handguns in price range are Saturday Night Specials or 9x18s.

Is this one distributed by Century?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I had a problem with my Suomi and the guys where it and this Sterling pistol are made are absolutely fantastic and really do want happy customers. If you have questions on this and want to know about magazine availability contact:

Richard C. Hamer
Factory Representative
Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
SALES: sales@wlarms.com

I cannot stress how happy I have been with the service I have gotten from this company...best service from a gun company in a very long time.

btw, it is distributed by the manufacturer, Wise Lite.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 pm 

I don't understand, first, the STEN mag is a straight mag unlike the sterling mag which is curved. besides which a PPS-43 mag could be easily modified to work, that is what i use to feed my M-1 carbine that is now chambered to 7.62x25.

Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 pm 

sarky wrote:
I don't understand, first, the STEN mag is a straight mag unlike the sterling mag which is curved. besides which a PPS-43 mag could be easily modified to work, that is what i use to feed my M-1 carbine that is now chambered to 7.62x25.

whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. I demand pics of this M1 carbine using pps-43 mags!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:13 pm 

gelgoog wrote:
sarky wrote:

whoa whoa whoa....hold the phone. I demand pics of this M1 carbine using pps-43 mags!

Yes the world will not continue to spin unless I see this also.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:58 pm 

Man alive is that ugly, lol. If I wasn't in an ammo buying phase I would get one.

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

sarky wrote:

I think they went with the Sten mag to stay truer to the square look of the Sterling/Sten 9mm mag. The conversion of the M1 Carbine is one I have considered but I would want to find a real beater to convert, the M1's I have are too nice...lol. Did you use a PPSh43 parts kit to do the mag well or did you modify the original? The guy I have been talking to about this converted an SKS to 45 using Glock mags, he thinks this would be a much easier conversion than that. We have also talked about converting an SKS to 7.62X25.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm 

I had an old reciever and found a demilled barrel that hadn't been chambered yet. put all that together, cut the chamber and had to permanent attach a flash supressor to bring the barrel back up to 16.5 inches ( the demilled barrel was crush cut to just over 12 inches. so when i cleaned it up it was at 12 inches) I then made an insert out of delrin (acetal) . This allows me to use the carbines mag release (after some mods to the magazine) I'll try to figure out how to do the photo thing.
By the way I also reload for the 7.62x25, i use the hornady 90 gr XTP bullets. pushes the 90 grainer out of a Tok or Cz at about 1300 to 1400 fps and 1600fps out of the carbine. The carbine is a puppy to shoot.

Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:51 pm 

so nice, folks are already lined up to get'um....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:30 pm 

sarky wrote:
I had an old reciever and found a demilled barrel that hadn't been chambered yet. put all that together, cut the chamber and had to permanent attach a flash supressor to bring the barrel back up to 16.5 inches ( the demilled barrel was crush cut to just over 12 inches. so when i cleaned it up it was at 12 inches) I then made an insert out of delrin (acetal) . This allows me to use the carbines mag release (after some mods to the magazine) I'll try to figure out how to do the photo thing.
By the way I also reload for the 7.62x25, i use the hornady 90 gr XTP bullets. pushes the 90 grainer out of a Tok or Cz at about 1300 to 1400 fps and 1600fps out of the carbine. The carbine is a puppy to shoot.

Yeah, but do you have pictures of it though???

You must have pics.....(shit, I would have taken a couple hundred of them by the time the first day was over).

"Cynicism is my armor, sarcasm my sword and apathy my shield."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm 

If I'm goin to use a 7.62x25 its coming out of a CZ52 or a TT. Besides that lil gun is ugly as sin. oh well thats my two cents.. worthless rofl.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 pm 

looks like wiselite will build you a standard mk7 pistol in 9x19 if you supply the kit.

http://www.wiselitearms.net/29.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:39 pm 

AgentBlack wrote:
so nice, folks are already lined up to get'um....

If you can afford TWO Death Stars, I think you can afford the price difference between 9mm and 7.62x25.

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."