Zombie Squad

Making Dead Things Deader Since 2003
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:44 pm 

Two words. Bad ass. I have only been fondling this charging handle for about 10 seconds and I can tell the huge difference between the BCM standard charging handle, and the new GunFighter Mod 4 CH. Just having the latch that much bigger allows me to, instead of just using my index finger to grab the CH latch when charging the rifle, grab with the index and middle finger. This may not sound like much, but allows for much stronger pulls, as well as positive retention of the CH until you release the latch.

I don't know if it is new toy feeling or not, but there seems to be less wide to side wiggle that some CH's have when pulling on the CH. There seems to be very little play and looks, and feels, much stronger than a 10 or 20 dollar CH. I opted for the smaller of the two latches because of previous reviews that say the larger of the two can dig into your chest a bit when you have your rifle slung. I don't like pointy things digging into my chest.

My one gripe about this charging handle, could be a good or bad thing from how you look at it, is that without gloves, your fingers get chewed up after a relativly small (100 or so) pulls on the charging handle. It feels like gripping a cheese grater sometimes.

Fit: 9/10
Finish: 10/10
Function: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10

Here are a few pics of the new and old CH's next to each other.

Old CH on top, GunFighter on bottom

Underside of both CH's

On a rifle:

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I'm officially jealous. I think this product is why I've been waiting to get an improved tac latch.

ETA: I don't think the cheese grater-y-ness will be a huge disadvantage even with my dishwater softened hands. I'm not planning to assault Fallujah or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 pm 

I am definitely getting a couple of these .

I am less than thrilled with my Badger TacLatch .

Thanks for the review .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 pm 

Good to hear. My new Mod4 (plus 200 PMags) are scheduled for delivery this Monday. YAAAAAAAAAAY!

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:34 pm 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

I have a couple on order myself. You forgot to show the most important part, the rear end.

For those that don't see the point:

With a regular charging handle, when the latch is fully retracted all of the pressure goes to the roll pin. Obviously, this is the breaking point of the mechanism. The BCM Gunfighter charging handle is designed so that all of the pressure is transferred to the rear of the charging handle itself and not the roll pin. The charging handle itself is quite a bit beefier than the standard factory ones and will hold up to more abuse.

As a guy who has broken more than one charging handle and seen several more, this is a pretty cool upgrade.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Civilian Scout wrote:
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 pm 

DavePAL84 wrote:

As a guy who has broken more than one charging handle and seen several more, this is a pretty cool upgrade.

Yeah, but not all of us get so excited over an AR that we monkey-fuck the poor thing. You're on what number rifle now?

Never did sling load that Gama Goat.

Image You can't stop the signal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:04 am 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
totaly shot soda out of my nose and on to the keyboard......it is my bosses keyboard too...hes gonna be pissed.....thanks

Foe

MΟΛΩN ΛABE
Jeriah wrote:
We sleep naked, and I usually wake up with boner. YOU BETTER RUN!

Heart of the Moon wrote:
I have done something stupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:47 am 

DavePAL84 wrote:
I have a couple on order myself. You forgot to show the most important part, the rear end.

By request

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 am 

Thanks for the review and the pics, Nimdabew. :)

8)

MOLON LABE
It's a Spartan thing ... You wouldn't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:08 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Have you tried it as if you were shooting from your "reactive" side? Just wondering if there are any advantages with this CH for us leftys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:34 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Congratulations!
I've got a a mod 3 and a mod 4 on the way(plus a couple of Magpul BAD's). Can't wait to try them out.(I've got the BRD real bad, obsessing over a charging handle...)
The Mod 3 is going to replace the Badger tactical latch on my racing upper. The Mod 4 is going on my M4 upper.

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:56 am 

Greg Focker wrote:
Good to hear. My new Mod4 (plus 200 PMags) are scheduled for delivery this Monday. YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wait, you're getting two hundred PMags? Are you outfitting a platoon or something?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:57 pm 

K0ZZZ wrote:
Greg Focker wrote:

Wait, you're getting two hundred PMags? Are you outfitting a platoon or something?

he's about to send some of those to me because he said "I don't need that many magazines"

lol jk That is a lot though. You really get big discounts if you buy in bulk though

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:01 pm 

pmpmzd6 wrote:

he's about to send some of those to me because he said "I don't need that many magazines"

lol jk That is a lot though. You really get big discounts if you buy in bulk though

Now I wish Costco carried Pmags

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:07 am 

K0ZZZ wrote:
Greg Focker wrote:

:D
"Suck on it Trebek."

They arent all for me... but enough of them are :wink:

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:57 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Got my charging handles last Tuesday, but haven't had the time upload the pics and post my impressions until now.

I must say that I concur with nimdalbew. This is quality kit. I've been having some trouble with the charging handle catching on the stock(Magpul UBR) if I don't make sure to pull straight back. The BCM is sturdy and rigid and does not have this problem. The handle(both versions) has a big grip that's easy to grab and keep hold of. I've used the Badger tactical latch, and I've tested the PRI big latch before, and while I liked both I don't think I'd be willing to change back if all other things where equal. Since they're not I think everyone should own one of these, one less thing to worry about. :D

I put the Mod 3 on my IPSC upper, and the Mod 4 on my M4. I also got the Magpul BAD in the package. The jury's still out on the BAD, and I'll write a review later when I've had the chance to use it a bit more.

Mod 3 mounted:

Mod 4 mounted:

Comparison between the Mod 3, Mod 4 and a standard CH(Notice that there's not a big difference between the 3 and 4):

Comparison between the Mod 3 and the Badger tactical latch(the Mod 4 is a bit shorter):

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 pm 

nice, i still need to put my order in for 1 mod3 and 1 mod4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:32 pm 

Greg Focker wrote:

200 Pmags?! thats just ridiculous.

i asume some of those are for me when i move outta MA right :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:41 pm 

Hoppy wrote:
Greg Focker wrote:

200 Pmags?! thats just ridiculous.

i asume some of those are for me when i move outta MA right :wink:

You say "ridiculous", I say "a move towards SMoaF level". To-may-to, To-mah-to :lol:

In reality, it was a group buy, though I was the biggest buyer by a fair margin and I fronted the cash. One of the other buyers just got laid off and a very minor buyer looks to be backing out, so I'm currently wavering between selling off their portions or keeping the extra mags for myself. Either way I'm not too worried about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 pm 

What type of PMAGs are they? I need a few more and might send some cash your way if you want. 20 Pmags fit in a 10 dollar flat rate box at USPS

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:19 am 

DSG Arms is selling gen 1 windowed PMAGs, 10 for 99.95. I think all they have is black and foliage, now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 am 

enrage wrote:
DSG Arms is selling gen 1 windowed PMAGs, 10 for 99.95. I think all they have is black and foliage, now.

link for black mags:

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/26 ... 0-pack.cfm

I know where 100 of my next paycheck is going lol

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:24 pm 

nimdabew wrote:
enrage wrote:

link for black mags:

http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/26 ... 0-pack.cfm

I know where 100 of my next paycheck is going lol

Just picked up another 10 mags. This is a great deal, espically if you don't like the newer generation of mags lol.

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:05 pm 

I grabbed the foliage green ones, myself, and added ranger plates for 35 bucks, which is another excellent deal.