Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:15 am 

TravisM.1 wrote:
Nestromo wrote:
One fellow said that his dad had cut out the poly bolt rails and installed aluminum. This sounds like a good idea to keep that ejection cycle the same for every cycle of the bolt. I might also make an adjustable (height and width) mag catch to get another point of adjustment.

That would be me.

As I recall, the problem with the Tec 22 my Dad had was that it was very sensitive to magazine position. If you'd push forward on the mag, it would feed round after round after round with no troubles. If you pulled it rearwards, it would jam every few rounds. He used shim stock cut to size and epoxied in place, to change the angle of the mag well. It damned near eliminated magazine related failures.

The bitched-up action rails inside the receiver weren't the cause of the trouble, but they didn't help any. We milled them out, machined new rails (out of steel, according to my Dad) and mounted them by drilling through the receiver from the outside every half inch and securing them using 2-56 machine screws. That really smoothed things up, but we still had intermittent failure-to-fire malfunctions. After looking at it, we noticed that some primers weren't struck as hard as others. Since we shot bulk ammo out of it almost exclusively, variations in rim thickness were almost a definite contributor to the light strike failures.

We replaced the hammer spring, firing pin rebound spring, extractor (VQ unit was installed) and made a firing pin that was .015" longer in the striking area. Fifteen-thousandths of an inch is half of the thickness of a credit card, and the longer firing pin and stiffer hammer spring did away with the light strike problem.

After that, the only problems we had were ammo related. Occasional fail-to-fires, fail to feeds if it got too dirty (to clean it we'd just open it up, hose it with carb/brake cleaner, blow it out with the air compressor, and spray some WD or 3-in-1 in it) and the occasional light-loaded round. Some just plain wouldn't go off, whether they were in my Marlin or in the Tec22.

I had kicked around making a folding wire stock for it (I know, illegal without the stamp, whatev) and figuring a way to mount a cheapo red dot to it, but Pops ended up trading it for a M91/30.

I have not had any more failure to fires than I do with any other rimfires. My standard .22LR bulk ammo is Remington Golden Bullets in 550rd boxes. I average 2-4 rounds per brick that absolutely do not fire.

I'm fine on your wire stock. The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land and violating a law that goes against it is simply exercising your rights. These rights, even if violated by various federal and state agencies domestic or abroad are inalienable of any human being American or otherwise because all men are created equal with or without the aid of our most precious of documents. {/Libertarian soap box}

I just added 2 centering screws that keep the ejection/feed lips in place. I also have provision for two smaller screws on either side of the well. The bolt which is not able to intersect the feed lips has a side to side slop of less than 7/1000ths at the point of ejection. I’ve got high hopes for my next range session. Next step is test and tune and then ejection port enlargement.

Cheers,
Jon

EDIT: Whoops, wrong picture.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 pm 

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:
Hey Kommando, I was joking with you earlier but I really hope you don't take the suggestion above me and participate in a gun buy-back scheme when it comes up.

The folks who put those events on are NOT friends to gun-owners, and in partnership with Police and local media outlets, use the weapons received as propaganda tools to discourage legitimate firearms ownership in our communities.

Just my two cents on the matter, and I hope your weapon becomes more reliable with some work.

-urban

Nahh, I didn't do anything with it. I've looked on e gun parts and the parts for the Lorcin 25 are very cheap, and if I want it, I'll probably buy the parts someday, either that or I'll just save up and get a Ruger or a Taurus :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 pm 

Right on.

-urban

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:42 am 

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:
Hey Kommando, I was joking with you earlier but I really hope you don't take the suggestion above me and participate in a gun buy-back scheme when it comes up.

The folks who put those events on are NOT friends to gun-owners, and in partnership with Police and local media outlets, use the weapons received as propaganda tools to discourage legitimate firearms ownership in our communities.

Just my two cents on the matter, and I hope your weapon becomes more reliable with some work.

-urban
i can't say that,cook county il.did a buyback a few years ago,and i got rid of a couple 20.00 pistols i had.i used the money from it to buy an ar-15 reciever.the system works.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:18 am 

mcrebell wrote:
I can't say that, Cook County IL. did a buyback a few years ago, and I got rid of a couple 20.00 pistols I had. I used the money from it to buy an AR-15 receiver. The system works.

If you mean the system to eventually re-program society into believing that guns shouldn't be owned by mere civilians, then yes, I'd say it's working just fine.

Fuck it all, I hereby give up on people who CANNOT SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE.

Don't you understand that you are giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the very right that allows you to own that AR-15 as a free citizen?

The numbers of guns turned in to these ant-gun sponsors are trumpeted by the media, which only furthers the connotations that firearms are odious, dangerous items that are to be avoided and disposed of the "proper" authorities.

Then we are eventually treated to the wonderful sight of these evil guns being ground up or melted down by these smiling asses, and the public sits back and nods approvingly of the good work being done in the community to make it safe.

All for the sake of a little money. My rights are worth more than that personally.

Glad the system worked for you mate, so I'm outta this thread before I get the dreaded asshat for shootin' my mouth off even more than I already have.

I need a beer or three to mellow me out now before bed.

Cheers.

-urban

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:37 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Nestromo wrote:
TravisM.1 wrote:
I had kicked around making a folding wire stock for it (I know, illegal without the stamp, whatev) and figuring a way to mount a cheapo red dot to it, but Pops ended up trading it for a M91/30.

I'm fine on your wire stock. The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land and violating a law that goes against it is simply exercising your rights. These rights, even if violated by various federal and state agencies domestic or abroad are inalienable of any human being American or otherwise because all men are created equal with or without the aid of our most precious of documents. {/Libertarian soap box}

You guys might want to belay that stuff before a mod catches wind and shits a brick, no?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 pm 

Jeriah wrote:
Nestromo wrote:
TravisM.1 wrote:

You guys might want to belay that stuff before a mod catches wind and shits a brick, no?

I'm not encouraging thumbing your nose at the BATFE (an agency not allowed for by the constitution). There are consequences and they are beyond what most are willing to deal with. The BATFE is more illegal than the wire stock but they get away with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 am 

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:
mcrebell wrote:
I can't say that, Cook County IL. did a buyback a few years ago, and I got rid of a couple 20.00 pistols I had. I used the money from it to buy an AR-15 receiver. The system works.

If you mean the system to eventually re-program society into believing that guns shouldn't be owned by mere civilians, then yes, I'd say it's working just fine.

Fuck it all, I hereby give up on people who CANNOT SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE.

Don't you understand that you are giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the very right that allows you to own that AR-15 as a free citizen?

The numbers of guns turned in to these ant-gun sponsors are trumpeted by the media, which only furthers the connotations that firearms are odious, dangerous items that are to be avoided and disposed of the "proper" authorities.

Then we are eventually treated to the wonderful sight of these evil guns being ground up or melted down by these smiling asses, and the public sits back and nods approvingly of the good work being done in the community to make it safe.

All for the sake of a little money. My rights are worth more than that personally.

Glad the system worked for you mate, so I'm outta this thread before I get the dreaded asshat for shootin' my mouth off even more than I already have.

I need a beer or three to mellow me out now before bed.

Cheers.

-urban

I was just pointing out the irony.to get rid of a couple of non working pos,and use the money to build an ar-15.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:25 am 

Jeriah wrote:
TravisM.1 wrote:

Just thought about it. Thinking about something isn't illegal where I'm from.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 pm 

I just fired 560rds without so much as a bad primer.

The Tec is tuned. :D