Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robinson Arms M96 price?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 pm 

I have a chance to get one of these. Neverfired, but technically used. I checked Gunbroker, but they only have 3. 2 with bids at around $1000.00 with no reserves met (think that means they are ot high enough to meet the lowest price excepted by the owner). And 1 with a $2800.00+ starting bid. I was told that the gun can be converted to belt fed. Just thought the gun was cool as hell. Sucks cause if I bought it I would have to fire it and that would make it less valuable. Value is not my biggest concern, but it does way into things. Anyway any help would be appreciated. I dont have picture, but here is 1 I found online. Only diff is the one Im looking at has complete top rail and bottom handgaurd rail.

Note* sorry for any typos, I make most of my posts from my phone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:13 pm 

excuse me if i missed it, im rather ill right now, but is there a question in there?

Would i like one? - Yes
do i think its a good rifle?- Yes
what do they MSRP for?- 1600$
what would i pay? - not 1600 haha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 pm 

Guess I was not clear. WHAT IS THE CURRENT VALUE/ GOING PRICE FOR THIS RIFLE IN THE ABOVE DESCRIBED CONDITION?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 am 

dang dude, you dont have to yell! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:22 am 

I'd pay 1200-1400 bucks for one, at the most. . Money isn't an issue if it's what you truly want...and if money isn't an issue. :mrgreen:

Not to mention that it's one hell of a sexy rifle. It looks as if a Galil and an AR-180 had a child.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:41 am 

Isn't the Robarms M96 Expeditionary Rifle the Semi-Auto incarnation of the Stoner 63?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:24 am 

Arent these bad boys out of production?

Robinson is tied up with the XCR at the moment.

Marlin .450
Savage 64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 am 

Yes they are out of production. Thanks for the info, the guy wants a little more than that. $1800.00 so I guess I will have to think about it. Can anyone tell me if this can be converted to belt-fed. I checked the Robinson Amrs web page and I could not find out about that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:37 am 

SigFan wrote:
Yes they are out of production. Thanks for the info, the guy wants a little more than that. $1800.00 so I guess I will have to think about it. Can anyone tell me if this can be converted to belt-fed. I checked the Robinson Amrs web page and I could not find out about that. Thanks.

I do not believe so, The robinson arms from what I have been told is not a direct copy of Stoner design even though it is cosmetically similar. So even if the parts were available they would not work.

"The M96 has been offered in a 20" barrel rifle version (the "Expeditionary Rifle"), a 17.5" barreled carbine (no special name), a 16" barreled carbine (the "Recon Carbine"), and a 17.5" barreled top-feed carbine ("Bren" configuration). The M96 is nearly identical in external appearance to the Stoner 63 rifle/light machine gun, and was designed to be modular and configurable like the Stoner. However, the M96 has a somewhat different internal mechanism and is semi-auto only. No internal parts exchange between the M96 and the Stoner 63.

In the mid-1990s an US-based Class-III manufacturer (Arms-Tech Ltd. located in Phoenix, Arizona) offered the "Revere" M96-A1 weapon system on the Law Enforcement market. It was basically a selective-fire conversion system that turned the standard M96 rifle in either a "Commando" 16" barreled STANAG magazine-fed carbine or a 20" barreled, belt-fed Squad Automatic Weapon.

The M96 has a relatively small following, probably due in large part to its high price, new manufacturer, and no relationship to any military weapon. There do not appear to have been any military or law enforcement sales of the M96, probably for the same reasons."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 am 

Gelgoog:
Thank you for the info. The one Im looking at has 2 barrels (16"ish and 20"ish) and is semi only. I have been surfing the web, but cant find the conversion parts for belt fed. If anyone knows someone with one and can get me info I would be thankfull.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm 

Gelgoog:
Are you sure? Not saying you are wrong but I swear that a few years ago I saw a big article in one of the gun rags about the robinson version. I thought they said that it could be converted to belt fed, as well as converted to top fed with same magazines? Was that just an early version? Or maybe Robinson Armament did a military/leo version that had the convertible options?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:12 pm 

SigFan just so were clear, you know that if you convert it to belt fed it will still be semi auto right?

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm 

Kommander:
Yes, thank you though. I have a full auto and they are not as much fun as you woud think. Not to mention very expensive ammo wise. I don't have a belt fed. I looked into one before, but at the time I couldn't swing it. I am just checking on posible options.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 am 

Don't buy it thinking you'll be able to convert it to belt fed or even top feed. The gun was advertised as being able to be converted to both of those feed systems, but I know they had problems actually making them work. I can't recall if they worked the bugs out or not. In any event, even if they did make either system work, I'm sure there aren't that many conversion parts for those two feeding systems out there. The M 96 had a relatively short production run and those specialized parts for the feed conversion had an even shorter run (assuming they even made it into full production).

If you buy the rifle, plan on running it the way it is now. Unless you happen to find a rifle for sale that comes with the belt fed conversion or top feed coversion, don't plan to find either unit for sale on it's own.

Don't forget regular parts are more scarce then AR's, etc, also due to the short production run.

Check around a bit though, just in case I'm wrong.