Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:35 am 

Saw this in Sportsmans Guide today and liked the way it looked. And for the price it's right up my alley. Does anyone have one or one like it? Just curious how comfortable it would be to wear? Hear is a link/pic: http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=704999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:39 pm 

All the reviews seem to be good ones, I just never trust reviews on the sellers own webpage... I've always been suspicious that they might remove bad ones, lol. I might have to get one while they are on sale, $22 seems pretty damn cheap. Thanks for the response RexHavoc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:44 pm 

I had one for about 6 months now the lining on the main strap has come off, and the lighter material that is used to make the pockets inside also have started to fall apart. I paid $18 6 months ago and used it every day

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:25 am 

It's a cheap ripoff of the similar model from maxpedition.

Quote:
I had one for about 6 months now the lining on the main strap has come off, and the lighter material that is used to make the pockets inside also have started to fall apart. I paid $18 6 months ago and used it every day

Predictable...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 am 

RatDrall wrote:
It's a cheap ripoff of the similar model from maxpedition.

Quote:

Predictable...

To be fair I saw the same wear with maxpedition bags as well but at 4X the cost. It is only the lining on the main strap and the front pocket divider which I plan to repair. The main body shows no signs of damage or severe wear, for $18 it has held up very well I used it every single day for 6 months straight. RedRock offers a version of the maxpedition sitka for under $40 which I ordered. Having owned a few maxpedition products I wasnt very impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm 

Never owned the sling but I do own the Redrock rebel 3 assault pack. I used it for EDC/day hikes for 2 years with no visible wear. I'd buy their products again. Hope that helps at least some. :)