I've been interested in Ducky's stove for quite a while now. I've built a few beer can stoves, but haven't been impressed due to their very thin walls.
Here is Ducky's post about his stove. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=77949
I'm by no means taking credit for his design, only showing the process I went through to build a Ducky stove for myself.
I purchased two Venom energy drinks today. (This is what Ducky uses) On sale for $1.29! These are a much thicker gauge aluminum than you find on other beer/soda/etc cans.
I took some paint stripper and poured it into an empty tin can and let each bottle soak for about an hour. Washed off the paint stripper and used some 220, and then 400 grit sand paper to get rid of remaining paint and to smooth the finish.
At this point, I haven't dumped or consumed the contents, it's still full.
I started by scoring around the can about the height i wanted for my stove. Used a utility knife to run around the can a few times. Used a roll of tape to make sure it was even all the way around. I did this on the concrete on my garage floor, need a level hard surface for this one.
I used a pair of angle cutters, starting from the top to remove material to get closer to the scoring line. If I had a bandsaw this would have been much easier. But in the PAW we won't, so I just used angle cutters and pliers.
Got the top off, and now just continuing down closer to the scored line. In my experience, I get the best results when I remove all extra material but leave only about a half inch of material above the scored line.
After you get to the point of only an 1/2" or so left before the line, use the angle cutters to cut just a hair above the line.
Start pulling the excess material around the can, and it should separate right at the line you cut with the utility knife. It's like opening up a can of Spam! TAKE YOUR TIME!
Slow and safe is the best way to not screw up the can and ruin all of your work so far.
After that you'll have one half of your Ducky stove! The pictures below are right after I finished removing all the extra material. What I'll do next is rub the edge on a piece of 220 sandpaper to get rid of any burrs and sharp points.
I'm going to do the same for the 2nd bottle and I'll continue the rest of the assembly tomorrow. I'll update with more pictures as I go along.
I save mine and mix it with Unicorn semen and rainbow tears. I use this mixture to lube my AR.