It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:48 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 am
Posts: 1010
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
sigboy40 wrote:
There is rumor of a autumn bug out, but it seems to be losing steam.


Pishaw! Autumn is an easy time to Bug Out, WINTER! WINTER! WINTEFELL! Oops, House Stark slipped in there for a second.

_________________
The Lonely Raven - The Halo Hides My Horns
Image
www.FirespeedTactical.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm 
Offline
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 pm
Posts: 3548
ZSC:020 is going on another bugout this weekend :D

Since it's after Labor Day, and since the unseasonably cool temps over the last few days already have some trees in the area dropping their leaves, I'm going to ignore the calendar and consider this an honorary Autumn Mock Bugout ;)

A winter outing is something the wife and I may be interested in, we just talked about that recently.

mystic_1

_________________
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at chapters@zombiehunters.org

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 am
Posts: 1010
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
mystic_1 wrote:
ZSC:020 is going on another bugout this weekend :D

Since it's after Labor Day, and since the unseasonably cool temps over the last few days already have some trees in the area dropping their leaves, I'm going to ignore the calendar and consider this an honorary Autumn Mock Bugout ;)

A winter outing is something the wife and I may be interested in, we just talked about that recently.

mystic_1


I think Kankakee is calling, brother.

_________________
The Lonely Raven - The Halo Hides My Horns
Image
www.FirespeedTactical.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 313
Location: Ore-gun
ninja-elbow wrote:
the Bushcraft Appreciation award for the Summer Mock Bugout 2011 award goes to Scurvy.

Image



PM received and answered, way cool, thank you!

looking forward to the local ZS outing at the end of this month, hope the weather holds until then ( 96` here in OR yest. ! )

Woods Walker wrote:

What? Did you somehow miss my Bushcraft Birch bark plate? :lol: Good job Scurvy. :D


that was a killer plate, if you had showed the tree you gnawed down with your teeth to reach that sweet piece of table ware you surly would of put me to shame. :wink:

thanks for the loot:
Blackdog, got my patch, Awesome.
Sigboy, amazon gift card went towards a stitching awl and teflon cord ( gonna work on my leatherworking in the field )
Regulator, cool light, in my pack already.
Darkside, paracord is always a bonus.
Drewder, shard will be on my keyring apon arrival.
Much thanks to all, especially Alias for all his work.

enough blathering on. . . . how about a couple quick pre-autumn photos:

took a run over to the Deschutes river over labor day in the midst of multiple wild fires,

the smoke coming right over the top of me as I arrived:
Image

started a shelter a-la 'Regulator Style':
Image

didnt feel like sleeping in a kindling pile, the dog didn't seem to mind:
Image

the wind had changed by evening and was blowing away from me, that's the smoke on right side of photo, so I stayed and fly fished for a couple days:
Image

and you gotta love the critters:
Image

_________________
Jimmy ~~sCuRvY~~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:00 pm 
Offline
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 7719
Location: CT
scurvy wrote:

that was a killer plate, if you had showed the tree you gnawed down with your teeth to reach that sweet piece of table ware you surly would of put me to shame. :wink:


It took this entire 6 trunk birch tree but I got the job done. :shock: :lol:

Image

_________________
Image

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 313
Location: Ore-gun
Q: when Woods Walker gnaws down a tree for that sweet piece of bark waaaaay up there on trunk #4 and no one sees it. . . does it make a sound??

A: ABSOLUTELY. . . . 1000 hippies sobbing as I stand and applaud shouting "well done my friend, well done"

Image



and don't forget. . . .

VIEWERS CHOICE :

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=83395

VOTE!

_________________
Jimmy ~~sCuRvY~~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 pm 
Offline
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:15 pm
Posts: 7719
Location: CT
Your post does bring up a subject which was talked about in the Bushcraft sub forum. Birch bark from dead trees works the same for tinder and other applications as bark from living trees. I used this dead limb for that amazing..... :P plate and as tinder for the stove.

Image

Targeting deadfall gives the living trees a break. Speaking of living trees I tend to avoid camping under birch as the same properties which makes the bark weather resistant helps mask the heath of these trees in winter or low light conditions. During storms I think birch will shed branches more often than other types of trees but this is based on simple observation not actual research so could be wrong. In any case the combo makes me want to place my camp away from White and Paper birch.

_________________
Image

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:36 am 
Offline
*

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm
Posts: 53
My patch arrived a couple of days aog, just got a chance to post. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 pm
Posts: 110
I havent recieved my patch yet......... can someone verify it was sent???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Los Angeles/Whittier, CA
I received my patch in the mail a few days ago, or maybe even yesterday - I'm not sure as I've been moving and not there every day.

Blackdog - THANKS A MILLION!!! You really brought that patch to life. It looks amazin and I'm super happy to have earned it. I will gladly help out with a design again, if need be.

Now I just need some free time to sew it to my bag!

_________________
-CP

Image Image Image Image

Breaking in my Beretta U22 Neos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:05 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:14 am
Posts: 4277
chrispartida wrote:
I received my patch in the mail a few days ago, or maybe even yesterday - I'm not sure as I've been moving and not there every day.

Blackdog - THANKS A MILLION!!! You really brought that patch to life. It looks amazin and I'm super happy to have earned it. I will gladly help out with a design again, if need be.

Now I just need some free time to sew it to my bag!

On that note, is there a good source I can go to for additional velcro backings for this patch? I'd like to have it transferable from a shirt shoulder to a jacket shoulder when the jacket becomes needed.

_________________
silentpoet wrote:
My first two warning shots are aimed center of mass. If that don't warn them I fire warning shots at their head until they are warned enough that I am no longer in fear for my life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:58 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:48 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: Westminster, CO
KnightoftheRoc wrote:
chrispartida wrote:
I received my patch in the mail a few days ago, or maybe even yesterday - I'm not sure as I've been moving and not there every day.

Blackdog - THANKS A MILLION!!! You really brought that patch to life. It looks amazin and I'm super happy to have earned it. I will gladly help out with a design again, if need be.

Now I just need some free time to sew it to my bag!

On that note, is there a good source I can go to for additional velcro backings for this patch? I'd like to have it transferable from a shirt shoulder to a jacket shoulder when the jacket becomes needed.



Just go to Home Depot, Joann fabrics etc and get the strip velcro. 2 strips sewn to whatever would be more than enough to hold the patch on for you.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 2616
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Image

Epic patch came in the epic slow mail today. :D

_________________
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC


Last edited by BullOnParade on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 346
Location: Canada
Also received my patch the other day, Nice!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bltjr1951 and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group