Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 60  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 pm 

I got a ZT 0200, a ZT 0350...also a kershaw skyline...and finally a maxpedtion falcon II pack!

Bought stuff for my daughter for her BOB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 am 

Well I haven't posted here much but figured I would add a few of the things I have purchased recently. I am looking for things that will server a dual purpose so I can sell them to the fiance better than me just wasting money. Anyways here we go:

German Army Surplus Gaiters Leather and Canvas
-I actually got these because I do a lot of upland game hunting and went out to South Dakota the last few years and don't like the way the brush was cutting up my legs and boots so hopefully these will help and besides they look bad ass!

Combat Shirt
-I have wanted one of these for a while, again mostly used for hunting. Something to protect my arms but allow my core to breath. Also I got the woodland digital cammo.

Orange EMS Rescue Bag
-I wanted something we can take with us camping that we will immediately know is a first aid kit or in an emergency situation, etc. I think this will do the job.

EMS Rescue Knife
-I wanted something I could leave in the bag above and I think this will do the trick.

I spend $90 overall on this order so I don't think the wife to be will be to upset. Anyone have any thoughts on my purchases?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 pm 

Bought an unissued Bulgy AK-47 Parts Kit, 3 Swedish Hand Hatchets, and a double-pack of Swedish Mora Knives from The Sportsman's Guide today. To round out the parts kit, I bought a new Romanian hammer-forged chrome-lined barrel and 922r components from APEX gun parts (Tapco FCG, Slant Muzzle Brake) It was a good day.

civvie wrote:
By purchasing fewer things you can afford better things.

NCO to me: "I'll give you a hint... it rhymes with 'no'."
Me to NCO: "F'sho? It's f'sho, isn't it?"

All I smell is Gin, and Smoke, and Lies...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:44 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

We're taste testing commercial dehydrated foods at our house, starting with Mountain House, to figure out if we like them. Over the past week or so, I've bought 6 different varieties in the single serving size. No luck finding Mac n Cheese though. :(

http://www.mtnhse.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=MHDL

This weekend we'll try:
-Beef Stew
-Chicken Breasts and Mashed Potatoes

Today I tried:
-Beef Stroganoff with Noodles. Good but too salty for me to eat more than half a meal in a sitting. Hubby will probably think it's ok but will HATE the salt. I suspect that our 8yo will like it. Further testing required.

Last week we tried:
-Chicken Terriyaki with Rice - I didn't like it at all and neither did my 8 yo. Hubby thought it was ok.
-Lasagna with Meat Sauce. It got three thumbs up.
-Chili Mac With Beef - FTW - Three thumbs up and a request for more!

My Woods Bumming Kit / My Day Hike Pack/GHB / My Personal BOB / Our Family BOB / My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:20 pm 

spotdog14 wrote:
German Army Surplus Gaiters Leather and Canvas
-I actually got these because I do a lot of upland game hunting and went out to South Dakota the last few years and don't like the way the brush was cutting up my legs and boots so hopefully these will help and besides they look bad ass!

Those look like something Max Rockatansky or Denzel in "The Book of Eli" would wear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm 

I bought the handiest little ziplock bags. 6mil. In sizes from 2x2 to 2x3 to 4x4. Excellent for packing fishing gear, first aid gear, hygiene gear - everything. Keeps it clean dry and organized. Can't tell you how much I love these little bags. Here's a link to his store. You can get cheaper 4mil and lesser thicknesses.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=6mi ... vignon1958

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

74_or_more wrote:
I bought the Gerber Bear Grylls fire starter. I know its lame but I really like it. I would prefer it didn't have his name on it but what ever.

I really like how thick it is. It's really easy to hold in your hands as opposed to having to pinch the end of regular fire steel. The thickness gives you a good grip on both ends.
Throws a good spark.
I also like the compartment in the end for tinder. It's really small and can't fit much but I'm a sucker for crap like that.
All and all it's definitely a little lame to have a "Bear Grylls" edition anything but it's definitely a quality product and at $9.99 on Amazon (+shipping) i think it's a good buy IMO.

We got one for my son a little while ago. He loves it because he can grip it really well and that little tinder compartment is a nice touch. I'm tempted to get one for myself but, at the army surplus store when we we got it, I asked about a blastmatch. (broke my shoulder last year and have been eyeing those ever since.) The owner of the store had never heard of them but one of the guys that worked there had. I stopped in today to pick up a USGI poncho and they had one waiting for me. I left without either of them but think I'm going back to tomorrow. I did get the poncho and a frontier straw though.

My Woods Bumming Kit / My Day Hike Pack/GHB / My Personal BOB / Our Family BOB / My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:46 am 

Picked this up at a local stor (Red Dawn) for my deployment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:15 pm 

Just picked up 2 sets of folding Hagstrom road maps of my local area, 1 for my GBHB, and 1 for my BOB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:13 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Bought a few things...

- Nalgene 32oz bottle with narrow mouth (Though this is more for EDC)
- MSR MicroRocket
- GSI Halulite Minimalist Cookset (See my post showing how the Microrocket compliments this set so nicely)
- Kelty Salida 2 Tent
- Therm-a-rest Neo Trekker sleeping pad

Still in the market for a pack, headlamp, and boots.

Greg Focker wrote:
OpelBlitz wrote:
BTW there's no "i" in Daley. :)

But there is an 'i' in "corrupt sack of shit" :wink:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html - Errors in English Usage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 am 

Recently acquired:

-Petzl TacTikka headlamp: Sweet, simple, bright. My girlfriend has one identical.
-Nalgeen 1L wide mouth

Recently FOUND:

I FOUND MY 800mL BLACK KLEEN KANTEEN. IVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. I now have my EDC water back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:16 am 

Bought this last week http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/79/Guide-10-Adventure-Kit/1:1/

Should be here today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Baele wrote:
Bought this last week http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/79/Guide-10-Adventure-Kit/1:1/

Should be here today.

Sweet, I keep seeing this at Costco. Hope to see a review. :)

Greg Focker wrote:
OpelBlitz wrote:
BTW there's no "i" in Daley. :)

But there is an 'i' in "corrupt sack of shit" :wink:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html - Errors in English Usage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm 

Picked up a used Kifaru G1 Express in OD, now the waiting for it to arrive!

It is going to be for a cross between a GHB and a BOB since I can't afford to have two separate bags at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:20 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Location: Worcester in the rolling green countryside.. or up to my eyes and ears in sand and dust..
Just ordered this from eBay.co.uk ... not exactly sure WHAT I'm going to use it for (other than some destructive DIY of course) but figured it will always be useful to have....

and for £25 not a bad buy really...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 pm 

My first aid kits that I bought off of WOOT came today. For everyday scrapes and cuts, I think these were a great deal.... less then $4 each delivered to my door. My kids/grandkids get one and I plan on putting one in every vehicle.

Now...how about a big hug for your old pal Merle....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:42 am 

Picked up an LMF II for about $70

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Picked up.....

MSR Miniworks EX water filter

2 x Camo Tarps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm 

Just got in two Maratac Extreme Sat Com bags. Got them from eBay brand new. They are supposed to be "navy gray", but they look like an ACU gray to me. Great fit and finish. They are the same as the ones from County Comm, except $10 cheaper. These will be BOBs for my kids. They are small enough that they can't be overloaded, so hey are perfect for my kids. If need be, they can be lashed to my ruck using the PALS on the sides.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 am 

cap6888 wrote:
Just got in two Maratac Extreme Sat Com bags. Got them from eBay brand new. They are supposed to be "navy gray", but they look like an ACU gray to me. Great fit and finish. They are the same as the ones from County Comm, except $10 cheaper. These will be BOBs for my kids. They are small enough that they can't be overloaded, so hey are perfect for my kids. If need be, they can be lashed to my ruck using the PALS on the sides.

They say they're the perfect size and shape for a taken down AR-15. Have you tried it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 am 

Guy Fawkes wrote:
They say they're the perfect size and shape for a taken down AR-15. Have you tried it?

I wish I had an AR to try it. That being said, I would have to guess no, unless it had a 14 inch barrel. The bag is only 20 inches long. You can definitely fit a change of clothes and some other odds and ends, but not much else.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:06 pm 

Picked up this bag over the weekend. Have to see if my supplies fit and how much space I have left over. It isn't huge, but I wasn't looking for a big bag, so hopefully it'll work out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 pm 

Was in the dollar store tonight after dinner.Bought a small round mirror for 1 dollar then saw a decent multitool for 2 dollars its no leatherman but looked decent for a edc.
Not a lot but something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm 

Just bought 160' USGI snare/trip wire for $4 on amazon. As well as some trioxane bars for $6. From amazon as well

sent via ur mums fishtank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 60  Next