Need Assistance with Chest Rig

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Murph

Need Assistance with Chest Rig

Post by Murph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:55 pm

I've got this setup created out of gear I have, and I really like it. However, it's pretty ghetto rigged. I'm trying to find a similar chest rig/rack with a hyrdo pack on the back.

The chest rig is a HSGI Warlord, with some crap tacked on.

Does anyone know of a rig like this that doesn't involve ghetto attaching things?

Thanks so much!
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Re: Need Assistance with Chest Rig

Post by Chef » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 pm

What exactly is the problem? If that's a TT hydro pouch there may be a certain amount of "rigging" inherent to the process of making it compatible with another manufacturer's shoulder strap system.

And what kind of belt is that? Did it come on the Warlord?
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

Murph

Post by Murph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:44 pm

I'll see if I can find a pic of the warlord without the crap on it... but basically the belt strap attaches at the bottom sides of the rig... and then the shoulder straps go over, and are sew to the belt strap.

Kinda like this:
_|_|_

EDIT: Found:
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

KeeblerNinjaClan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness

Post by KeeblerNinjaClan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 pm

A quick search turned these up. Looks promising. Doesn't look cheap

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Batt ... 799C0.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Batt ... 934C0.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guns, Gear and Guy stuff
JibbaJabba wrote:Bottom line - you don't want stupid shit happening to you, don't do stupid shit in stupid places at a stupid time.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Murph wrote:I've got this setup created out of gear I have, and I really like it. However, it's pretty ghetto rigged.
I don't see a problem. :lol:

Seriously, sometimes the best solution is the one that you come up with yourself. If you ghetto rigged it, and it's exactly right for you, I say big up on you. Good job.

On the other hand, if there's something you want it to do, that it doesn't do for you, then specify that requirement and we can search accordingly.

Of course, I can see something wrong with it: it's not MultiCam. But that may not be an issue for you.

:lol:

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 am

I wouldn't worry about how it looks if it runs the way you want. If your concern is all the rigged up connections staying put when you stress it, that's a different matter.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

rush2024

Post by rush2024 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Could be wrong, but isnt that a DACH, rather than a warlord?

It dosnt look like its cobbled together, the photos look like a DACH with a HSGI Hydro carrier attached properly.

Regardless, how about a wasach or SOtech falcon. Or for that matter an SOTech hellcat with padded hydrocarrier, etc etc.

Ufdyixcaff

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:43 pm

aint broke, dont fix it.

JollyRoger762

Post by JollyRoger762 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 am

The only thing that could be seen as afro-engineering are the zip ties holding the top of the hydro pouch on.

But to be honest I've seen worse from places like Cheap As Crap that are supposedly integrated. If you don't like it, why not? What is it you want done differently? If there's nothing that really bothers you with it, then stick with it. You might be surprised how much rigged gear there is in the real world.
"No, they were not 'psychos', they were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a #^@% how crazy they are."

Dietrich

Post by Dietrich » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:21 am

Tactical Tailor can mod gear for you. They can move buckles, change attachment points, change webbing out, and even do custom designed stuff that you come up with.
link
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

TallWiteGuy7

Post by TallWiteGuy7 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Would this DACH be for sale?

Murph

Post by Murph » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:05 pm

TallWiteGuy7 wrote:Would this DACH be for sale?
Nope, sorry dude.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”