Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by moab » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:56 am

Some good stuff and some goofy stuff. Local surplus stores 12 days of Christmas sale.

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UN ... 2525881609
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:46 am

moab wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:56 am
Some good stuff and some goofy stuff. Local surplus stores 12 days of Christmas sale.

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?e=[UN ... 2525881609
That Swiss M-93 military bicycle is pricey, but classy as f*ck! About $300 savings over the Sportmans Guide regular price. SG has some additional pictures that give more detail on the included tool kit, pump and integrated headlight/generator system.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1847491

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 am

SOG Sync II Traveler Multitool $38.99 (reg $60 - 70) Ships free (price appears in cart)

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sog-sy ... id=6607836

I just pulled the trigger on this, mostly because I've been intrigued by the idea of a belt buckle that doubles as a multi-tool. This one lacks a knife so it's TSA compliant. Definitely not a good choice for your first/only multi-tool (ahem *cough* Leatherman Wave). But it's a neat idea. Also comes with a belt clip for carrying the customary way or clipped to a strap on your pack.

Probably will end up being pricey little experiment, but this is far and away the lowest price I've seen for a Sync. And honestly, I didn't even know the Traveler variant existed.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:31 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:46 am
That Swiss M-93 military bicycle is pricey, but classy as f*ck!
Yes & Yes! :D

I'm going to get some kind of non-car transport. Having a backup & all.

moab

Post by moab » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Eureka outlet is having a 20% off sale. If you haven't shopped the outlet. It's used tents, factory seconds and other stuff for huge price breaks.

http://www.eurekacampingctr.com/eureka/ ... pt_id=3070
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Sawyer Mini Water Filter $14.95 @Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FA ... deals19-20

Not much needed in the way of introduction; one of the better pocket water filters out there. It occasionally can be found a bit cheaper, but not by much. This is about $5 off the normal Amazon price.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am

Olight is doing another free I3E light giveaway starting 12/16/19

I snagged one last time and, I gotta tell ya, this is a pretty awesome little keychain light. All you pay is the shipping.

Just login or register on their site tomorrow today and the free light will automatically go in your shopping cart.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm

NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am

I snagged one last time and, I gotta tell ya, this is a pretty awesome little keychain light. All you pay is the shipping.

Just login or register on their site tomorrow today and the free light will automatically go in your shopping cart.
I got one too last time around and can attest it's well worth the $5 S&H.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:23 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm
NT2C wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am

I got one too last time around and can attest it's well worth the $5 S&H.
I also snagged a free I1R 2 EOS recently and it came in the mail a few days ago. I finally got around to charging it (micro USB charger) and I'm quite pleased with it. About 2/3 the size of the I3E and with two brightness settings (5lm & 150lm) makes it a smart choice for one of my other keyrings.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

JRR

Post by JRR » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Ug. They only accept Paypal. Too bad.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 pm

JRR wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:30 pm
Ug. They only accept Paypal. Too bad.
???

I paid using a standard credit card checkout, not PayPal.

ETA: I got mine in the mail today. That was quick! :shock:

JRR

Post by JRR » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am

Weird. Paypal is the only option available to me.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:54 am

JRR wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 am
Weird. Paypal is the only option available to me.
Strange, I just went on and now PayPal is also the only option for me.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:39 am

Klymit Static V Sleeping Pad King's Desert Shadow Insulated ------- Regularly $89.95 NOW $40.00 SAVE: 56%

*There's also a website discount if you hunt for it that brings the price down to $32. That's pretty good for a full size Klymit sleeping pad.

https://www.clevertraining.com/klymit-i ... g-pad-camo

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Two good deals on freeze dried foods:

Mountain House 3-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit: $25.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House-E ... deals19-20

Normally around $55. All time low Amazon price by quite a wide margin: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Mountain-Ho ... B014ER40MS

Wise Emergency Food Supply Free Dried Vegetable Variety Pack 160 servings: $29.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Freeze-Vege ... deals19-20

This one's a smoking hot deal; average Amazon price is $121. Again way, way below the historic low: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Wise-Compan ... B00VF2DCZM

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:34 pm

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Two good deals on freeze dried foods:

Mountain House 3-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit: $25.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-House-E ... deals19-20

Normally around $55. All time low Amazon price by quite a wide margin: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Mountain-Ho ... B014ER40MS

Wise Emergency Food Supply Free Dried Vegetable Variety Pack 160 servings: $29.99 ships free with Amazon Prime

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Freeze-Vege ... deals19-20

This one's a smoking hot deal; average Amazon price is $121. Again way, way below the historic low: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Wise-Compan ... B00VF2DCZM

NONE of the prices you have listed are showing or even close.
Wise Foods Gluten Free Freeze Dried Fruit 156 Servings
by Wise Company
4.6 out of 5 stars
39 ratings | 15 answered questions
List Price:
$154.99
Price:
$97.90 Prime FREE Delivery & FREE Returns
Wise Company, Emergency Food Supply, Freeze-Dried Vegetable Variety, Gluten-Free, 160 Servings
by Wise Company
4.3 out of 5 stars
41 ratings | 21 answered questions
List Price:
$144.99
Price:
$93.50 Prime FREE Delivery & FREE Returns
Mountain House 3-Day Emergency Food Supply Kit
by Mountain House
4.7 out of 5 stars
182 ratings | 27 answered questions
Amazon's
Choice for "dried food for backpacking"
List Price:
$65.99
Price:
$41.74 & FREE Returns
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

EBuff75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by EBuff75 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:19 am

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 am
They were at the time, as I was able to go out and look at them. Decided against it, since I felt that the number of calories wasn't really enough to justify the purchase, even at that reduced price. I think that the fruit one only had a total of about 4000 calories (total) in the 156 servings! The "servings" were all like 15-50 calories and were in pouches of 8-9 servings each. One reviewer said that he'd eaten the entire bucket in just a couple of days.

Some of those deals come and go in a matter of minutes. For example, yesterday I was able to get a Mora Garberg for $26, but by the time I went to post it here the price had jumped up to $90 (before dropping back down to the more normal price of $60).

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:41 am

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 am

You snooze, you lose. All of the prices were valid at the times they were posted, and I can give you a screenshot to prove it because I bought one of each, at those prices.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:44 am

Amazon deals, whether labeled as a "Lightning Deal" or not, are usually time sensitive. They may be effective for 10 days, 10 hours, or 10 minutes; I have no way of knowing. I post the deals as I see them as a courtesy to my fellow ZS members; you guys are literally the first thing I think of when I encounter what I think is a great deal on a prepping related item. The deals were most definitely valid at the time. I know this for a fact because I successfully ordered the Mountain House 3 Day kit at the posted price and received shipping confirmation this morning.

And if it matters to anyone, I actually posted the deals, complete with comparative cost links, before I myself pulled the trigger. I did that to maximize everyone's opportunity to take advantage of it.

If people are going to get bent out of shape for deals expiring before they can act on them, I can just stop sharing the info here.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:44 am
Amazon deals, whether labeled as a "Lightning Deal" or not, are usually time sensitive. They may be effective for 10 days, 10 hours, or 10 minutes; I have no way of knowing. I post the deals as I see them as a courtesy to my fellow ZS members; you guys are literally the first thing I think of when I encounter what I think is a great deal on a prepping related item. The deals were most definitely valid at the time. I know this for a fact because I successfully ordered the Mountain House 3 Day kit at the posted price and received shipping confirmation this morning.

And if it matters to anyone, I actually posted the deals, complete with comparative cost links, before I myself pulled the trigger. I did that to maximize everyone's opportunity to take advantage of it.

If people are going to get bent out of shape for deals expiring before they can act on them, I can just stop sharing the info here.
Which would be a net/gross/HUGE LOSS for ZS. Damn the haters, please keep posting. :D

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:06 pm

I know several plastic surgeons who can straighten your nose.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:41 am

The Yaesu FT-25 is going for a very decent price right now. There is a $20 rebate which brings the overall price down to nearly Baofeng levels.

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-015574

Radio for $60 (-$20 = $40, but only until end of 12/25)

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/6025.html

Radio for $70 (-$20 = $50, until 1/31)

This radio is far more weather resistant than any Baofeng or similar Chinese radio. People find the Yaesu easier to program than the various Chinese radios too. The weather resistance, body durability, programming, and internal filters are what have my attention. I"ve been having some issues with cheap Chinese radios and this gives me the quality of a higher end radio for a price very near a Chinese radio. For a preparedness group who has ham licences, this is a very tempting option to load up on radios and have communications within a team which is far more reliable in an emergency than the Chinese stuff provides.

However..... This is for HAM licence holders only and only works on the 2m (144 MHz) band. HAM licences are cheap and easy to get nowadays, so I recommend everyone get one. Getting a deep understanding of ham radio takes a greater investment of time to learn everything, and I strongly recommend preppers take the time to get this deeper understanding and knowledge.

The fact that it is limited to the 2m band means it accesses the most commonly used band, but cannot chat or monitor the second most used emergency services band (in my area, which is 70cm/440MHz). It also cannot access anything outside the ham band other than listening to FM radio (which would be pretty handy in a SHTF).

This radio is, for those gun guys out there, equivalent to telling a friend "get a quality shotgun, it will do most of what you will ever need a gun to do." It will do most of what anyone will ever need a radio to do and do it much better than the cheap options currently out there. But there are some real limits on the radio which may not be meaningful to the different members here.

Pairing this with an appropriate antenna would really give some great results, within the limits of the radio and geographic location.

https://www.ebay.com/i/222236729081?rt= ... %3D2386202

(if buying from this location, message and ask for SMA FEMALE connector)

I'm betting they are getting rid of this radio soon because most HAMs will probably poney up the extra money to get the 440MHz band. So this radio fits a specific niche market and I think that is why the rebates are running on this radio but not others. I"m betting they want to get rid of inventory.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

moab

Post by moab » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Return to “Bug Out Gear”