Condor Pistol Magazine Pouch

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

darmstrong

Condor Pistol Magazine Pouch

Post by darmstrong » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:57 pm

I purchased a new handgun a year ago, but I've never owned any magazine pouches or holders. I normally just use the pocket method and never saw the need to carry magazines on me. This weekend while shooting with some friends, I realized I really need at least one set of magazine holders and ordered a condor double magazine holder. I also needed to pull the old army belt for one shooter who wasn't wearing a belt and needed something to hold the holster.

The most recent gear is the Condor Double Pistol Magazine Pouch. The rest of the gear includes a military gear belt, a handcuff case and a OneTigris Universal Holster. I had hoped for something besides OD, but it seems like OD chose me.

eugene

Re: Condor Pistol Magazine Pouch

Post by eugene » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 pm

2004 Silverado ECSB Z71 5.3L
2009 Giant Cypress DX, 1996 Specialized Rockhopper
Smith and Wesson M&P9c, M&P22
Map of our travels. Our EveryTrail page
My Garmin Connect Profile

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:38 pm

I have several Tactical Tailor Magna pouches. They have Velcro straps for extra retention, but I usually run them with the straps folded out of the way, as the magnets are usually enough to keep most metal pistol mags secure...

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Condor is to tactical gear what Casio is to wrist watches; pretty darn good value. OK, that's a slightly esoteric comparison, but I wasn't going to jump to the obvious Hyundai versus Mercedes analogy.

What I've seen of Condor products is that they're definitely a step beyond airsoft grade, which is sometimes what I see them described as. darmstrong, what do you think of your purchase?

darmstrong

Post by darmstrong » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:26 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 pm
Condor is to tactical gear what Casio is to wrist watches; pretty darn good value. OK, that's a slightly esoteric comparison, but I wasn't going to jump to the obvious Hyundai versus Mercedes analogy.

What I've seen of Condor products is that they're definitely a step beyond airsoft grade, which is sometimes what I see them described as. darmstrong, what do you think of your purchase?
Hilarious comparison of Condor to Casio. I'm currently wearing a Casio MDV 106. I've owned a number of more expensive and less expensive watches. It just keeps ticking away and has survived more abuse than almost any other watch.

So far the mag pouches, this does everything I need them to do. It's nice to be able to shoot without loading up my pockets. With the velcro down, they aren't fast. I'm sure if I practiced, I could get faster. I'm not in a position to carry extra mags on a daily basis at work and this is certainly not the gear for that.

Before I purchase the condor, I stopped by the local army surplus/outdoor consignment shop. They had a few pouches in ACU for $9, but they were pretty worn.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:38 pm
I have several Tactical Tailor Magna pouches. They have Velcro straps for extra retention, but I usually run them with the straps folded out of the way, as the magnets are usually enough to keep most metal pistol mags secure...

Have you ever used those kydex retainer inserts in regular pouches? i want to try them, but I don't know.

I admit I have a lot of condor double pistol mag pouches that I think are pretty good for a pouch with a velcro cover strap.
I had bought some from amazon, and then a year or two later bought some more on that 'buy again' reminder thing amazon does. The newer ones are slightly different from the older ones. The tab on the velcro cover on some is made of the same nylon material as the pouch, but the tab on the other ones is made from some sort of nylon or polymer infused material. And i think the drain holes are different IIRC.

And i have a few Condor 556 mag pouches that have that bungee retainer cord with tab. I mainly use those for storing loaded mags, haven't really used them IRL, they're just grab and go backups, but I had 1/4 of the bungees die within a year without even using them. Just sitting in their cabinet. Not that I like the bungee retainer idea that much anyhow. Its not a big deal for me because I always have backup bungee that thickness to replace it. But that was weird.

I keep back up EDC mags in a Condor pouch in my EDC bag.

WOW $8.94 right now, in black, on amazon, for Condor double pistol mag pouch. Pretty sure I paid 12-15 for them back then.

https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-Double-Pi ... ods&sr=1-4
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

darmstrong

Post by darmstrong » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:19 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 am
WOW $8.94 right now, in black, on amazon, for Condor double pistol mag pouch. Pretty sure I paid 12-15 for them back then.

https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-Double-Pi ... ods&sr=1-4
Perfect gear to have for those times when random people are joining you shooting. I may have to buy the black version and a couple of mags to fill it. I'm sure the wife wouldn't notice the mag pouch purchase. The mags... that's a different story.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:52 pm

I think your right. I think Condor hits the mark as the Casio of soft tactical gear. And I admire Casio as a long term rugged but cheap product. Might not be the flashiest. But it gets the job done. And that's all that matters to me. Or that and color. lol. Camo that is. I own several COndor pouches, head scarves and bags. I like the value. As I'm not a big time tactical operator. Nor do I want to spend the money being one. Most of my webbing selection is Condor. With the exception of slings. I run a high quality sling. But I don't think the Condor ones are bad. They are fine for a PSA you have buried in your preps. Or for family and friends. They make many different styles. I really like their chest rigs. A wide selection made of good enough quality materials. If not a bit heavy. But that's ok if your not patrolling the middle east on foot on a daily basis.

Condor is like the Tractor Supply of tactical gear. Not Walmart fall apart. But not Macy's either. (Wouldn't you just love to see a Macy's brand chest rig?! lol! It would probably be corduroy!)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Return to “Bug Out Gear”