Some Movie about an Alien Invasion

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jor-el

Re: Some Movie about an Alien Invasion

Post by jor-el » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Exactly who is debating with Zod here? Jor-El or his AI?

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Nozoki

Post by Nozoki » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:30 am

crypto wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
dogbane wrote:Image
Ugh. Another reason to hate Superman. By that logic, he has super-pee and super-dandruff too.
And he kills women with his supersperm.
Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Now that we know its some structure in orbit, is that a projection, an android, or just a Head Jor-El, much like in Battlestar Galactica where Baltar and Six had hallucinations of each other only the other could see?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:26 am

What if... I'm not dead?

What if... there is no Kryptonite because Krypton never blew up?

Gothboy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the zombie movies EVER.

Post by Gothboy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 am

crypto wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Ugh. Another reason to hate Superman. By that logic, he has super-pee and super-dandruff too.
And he kills women with his supersperm.
He's a super pooper too. Lol. Death to porcelain toilets. Haha. The visual makes me laugh. :)
Braxton wrote: This guy seems to be able to get it done with much less than three inches.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 am

jor-el wrote:What if... I'm not dead?

That would be a game-changer.
Mostly not here anymore.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:07 am

dogbane wrote:

Per the trailers, General Zod comes to Earth to take Kal-El back to Krypton; by force if required.

Here's the big one. What if Kal-El is Elian Gonzalez?

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:38 am

jor-el wrote:
dogbane wrote:

Per the trailers, General Zod comes to Earth to take Kal-El back to Krypton; by force if required.

Here's the big one. What if Kal-El is Elian Gonzalez?
Then I guess he's going back to Krypton. :|
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Ah thanks much, it has been bothering me since I saw the trailer. Never bothered me before.

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I recall reading that when I was about 12 and thinking that Superman has it going a lot rougher going through puberty than I did.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Blacksmith wrote:
Ah thanks much, it has been bothering me since I saw the trailer. Never bothered me before.

I recall reading that when I was about 12 and thinking that Superman has it going a lot rougher going through puberty than I did.
I know right.

Mrs. Kent: "Clark, I'm tired of sewing up your tube socks. How do you manage to get holes in all of them?"
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

jor-el

WARNING! SPOILER!

Post by jor-el » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:24 pm

MY SON DID WHAT? RIGHT AT THE END?

OTOH, I suppose it would be justified.

It does throw away 73 years of NOT doing that.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Can't wait to see it. Snyder and Nolan maek some fantastic movies, and Cavill was awesome in Immortals.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am

Fantastic movie. Everyone involved did an excellent job. I had to see it in 3D, which usually annoys me, but it did not in this case. This was the first time since 1978 that I have wanted to see a Superman movie in the theatre, and I was right to go see it. It would likewise be wrong for you to miss seeing this on the big screen.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

A not direct quote of my self to a PDX nerd mail group I belong to:

"If, in some alternate universe where I could write screen plays, some movie studio asked me to write a new Superman screenplay than MoS would've been it."
- Ninja-Elbow

I never liked Supes growing up as a comic nerd. There are a myriad of reasons why; the Donner films are part of that. This movie fixed it all. Dark(er), no stupid one-liners, no saving kittens or changing tires for old ladies. No stupid "he's bullet proof you dumb bank robber!" scene. Supes is godlike and should act godlike. As Jor-El says in the movie, "Humans should aspire to be like you." All the rest of the Supes Mythos is rife with Kal-El trying to be more human.

I will not say better than The Avengers as that will illicit competition that is not needed. It was good and I loved the movie. Like The Avengers I got lumps in my throat from the realization that my childhood movie fantasies have finally come to fruition.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 am

It was not 300/Sucker Punch ft. Superman. If someone had told me the first half hour was the new Star Wars, I would have believed them.

Other than that, it was fanfuckingtastic.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Stercutus

Re: WARNING! SPOILER!

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 pm

jor-el wrote:MY SON DID WHAT? RIGHT AT THE END?

My understanding is he did do that before to the same person a long, long time ago in alternate universe.

Why do all the current super heros have to be dark and brooding? Is it the 90s all over again? Action sequences too long too much green screen trying to show every type of action possible. I give it about 4/5. Mostly for the good story.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

It's almost as if comic book movies are running 20 years behind the actual comic books. Now we just need someone to film Kingdom Come.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

jor-el

Re: WARNING! SPOILER!

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Blacksmith wrote:

My understanding is he did do that before to the same person a long, long time ago in alternate universe.
He exposed a pocket universe version of Zod to Green K for carrying out the threat he made in this movie; without the local version of Superman to protect them, Zod, Faora, and Jax-Ur killed seven billion humans on a pocket universe version of Earth.

One other thing, in this movie I and Lara do not die together in each others arms as Krypton explodes, thanks to Zod.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/man-stee ... 38109.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In other words, look real closely at every billboard, truck panel and orbiting satellite for Easter eggs.

Bahamut
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Post by Bahamut » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Base on the title of this, I was laughing thinking how funny would it be for Jor-El to berefering to Man of Steel... :rofl: I was not disappointed!

I enjoyed the movie, even though I am not a supes fan, sorry Jor-El I enjoy Batman more. I have to say Russel Crowe did a great job of telling your story. It was sad you did not die in your wive's arms this time around. My favorite post has been yours so far.

Beware the roving zombie honeybadgers mercenary gangs that have an affinity for switchblades!

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Bahamut wrote:Base on the title of this, I was laughing thinking how funny would it be for Jor-El to berefering to Man of Steel... :rofl: I was not disappointed!

I enjoyed the movie, even though I am not a supes fan, sorry Jor-El I enjoy Batman more. I have to say Russel Crowe did a great job of telling your story. It was sad you did not die in your wive's arms this time around. My favorite post has been yours so far.

I'm sure you do enjoy Batman more. In fact there's another CGI Anime version of him coming out next month, but in my opinion he's starting to get played out, with like two animated series in the last 7 years (three if you count Young Justice). Much like Lex Luthor in Chris Reeve's Superman I, II, and IV as well as Superman Returns. There's only so many ways a real estate scam can play out.

itzybitzyspyder
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living DeadBoth), Dawn of the Dead(both, 28 Days Later, the crappy ones on SyFy channel, B movies

Post by itzybitzyspyder » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am

Rockin' the Jor-El curl!
~sent via pigeon with a note on it's foot

Bahamut
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Post by Bahamut » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

jor-el wrote:
Bahamut wrote:Base on the title of this, I was laughing thinking how funny would it be for Jor-El to berefering to Man of Steel... :rofl: I was not disappointed!

I'm sure you do enjoy Batman more. In fact there's another CGI Anime version of him coming out next month, but in my opinion he's starting to get played out, with like two animated series in the last 7 years (three if you count Young Justice). Much like Lex Luthor in Chris Reeve's Superman I, II, and IV as well as Superman Returns. There's only so many ways a real estate scam can play out.
I am in complete agreement. It would be nice to see some different heroes from DC. I loved the live action Flash Tv series back on the Scifi channel. In fact, when I watch the Justice League animated series, I find the episodes not focused on Superman or Batman to be quite refreshing and enjoyable.
Beware the roving zombie honeybadgers mercenary gangs that have an affinity for switchblades!

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Remember the whole Question/Huntress/Justice Lords storyline? If you count Justice League as the first two seasons, it ran through much of Season 4.

Alternate Universe JLA shows up here to "clean up" this universe, neutralizing our JLA. Our JLA shakes hands with the Devil and recruits Lex Luthor to help defeat them.

Shortly after, someone notices unusual goings on with .gov and The Question (think Watchmen's Rohrshach) starts investigating. Using actor Jeffrey Combs to play him works, giving him the right combo of smarts and crazy.

Finds out C.H.E.C.K.M.A.T.E., Lex Luthor and S.T.A.R. Labs has been studying Metas (DC shorthand for superhumans) and creating a few of their own, ostensibly as a defense against another Justice Lords incursion.

Turns out Lex Luthor found something else; the Justice Lords are not from a parallel universe; they are from the future. Certain events occur that alter the superhero's demeanor; government persecution, death of loved ones by said government determined to place all Metas under their control. The last straw is a future POTUS Luthor executing the Flash in public, causing an outraged Superman to retaliate, crashing into the Oval Office, lifting Luthor by the neck, and incinerating him on live TV.

Luthor WANTS this to happen, because it destroys him as an idol of millions, as a symbol of a hope for a better world.

Above storyline sound familiar? It's a variant of the storyline of Kingdom Come, and of the recent Injustice; Gods Among Us.

This is the problem.

A big part of the appeal of Superman is that he is supposed to be what we all aspire to be, morally as well as physically. Someone who has no hate in his heart, who acts as he sees fit and not deterred by notions of convenience or personal gain, but in a manner that benefits all. Someone who acts in the spirit, not necessarily the letter.
This is the first Superman movie in 7 years, so I'll give it a little slack. I just didn't get that vibe from it.

I don't pretend to be such a person. I try my best to be something close to that. Not for myself. For my children. For other children. For others I encounter in need.

What do You think?

Return to “Zombie Training Films”