36 Hours; a short story

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Nancy1340

Re: 36 Hours; a short story

Post by Nancy1340 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm

doc66 wrote:Thanks for the read. I like this world, I just haven't gotten back into it lately.
Lately? :shock: Four years..... :lol:

doc66

Post by doc66 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Nancy1340 wrote:
doc66 wrote:Thanks for the read. I like this world, I just haven't gotten back into it lately.
Lately? :shock: Four years..... :lol:
I have written other things in the mean time! Just not zombie related.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Short, but oh so sweet!

Thanks again, man!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ... Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

Rogue45

Post by Rogue45 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Great story, thanks for sharing.
ZSC011

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SEMPER FI

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 pm

Postby T.J. McFadden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm
Okay, okay, I'm pulled in- I really REALLY want to see what happens next! I liked that his guns weren't the latest supercool weapons, but a mix of whatever he was able to pick up. He does seem a little slow- perhaps suffering from some PTSD in the mix? Also, kudos: most zombie stories ignore the social disintegration/gangs & looters angle of the zombie apocalypse. Some of the replies mention that these characters are in other stories as well- which ones? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?
Tim
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yup liked the way you did Cole's guns to,what he could get with what he had.The countdown was different(as in good)and his whole B.S. attitude until it started coming down.Been through them all a couple times now and starting Owen cont. {Owen Wilson for the part}.Great job!!
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

doc66

Post by doc66 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:00 pm

DAVE KI wrote:Re: 36 Hours; a short story

Postby T.J. McFadden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm
Okay, okay, I'm pulled in- I really REALLY want to see what happens next! I liked that his guns weren't the latest supercool weapons, but a mix of whatever he was able to pick up. He does seem a little slow- perhaps suffering from some PTSD in the mix? Also, kudos: most zombie stories ignore the social disintegration/gangs & looters angle of the zombie apocalypse. Some of the replies mention that these characters are in other stories as well- which ones? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?
Tim
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yup liked the way you did Cole's guns to,what he could get with what he had.The countdown was different(as in good)and his whole B.S. attitude until it started coming down.Been through them all a couple times now and starting Owen cont. {Owen Wilson for the part}.Great job!!
Hannah, Owen and Cole is the order of the stories. Jesse is not finished yet!

doc66

Post by doc66 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:17 am

Man, I just found out someone used my basic premise and title for a book which is now on sale on kindle.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:18 am

Dammit, but I still had to check. You see a little voice on my right shoulder says"come on check it out you never know". And a little voice on my left shoulder says" you can't stretch 36 out".Guess which voice I listened to? :wink:
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:22 am

that was a good read, gave me goosebumps

now I have to read the others :ohdear:
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017
Watsonville/Walsh River Bushfire 2018
North Queensland Monsoonal Event 2019

doc66

Post by doc66 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:48 am

taipan821 wrote:that was a good read, gave me goosebumps

now I have to read the others :ohdear:
Hannah is the first one.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:49 am

DAVE KI wrote:Dammit, but I still had to check. You see a little voice on my right shoulder says"come on check it out you never know". And a little voice on my left shoulder says" you can't stretch 36 out".Guess which voice I listened to? :wink:
Sorry, man!

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 pm

doc66 wrote:Man, I just found out someone used my basic premise and title for a book which is now on sale on kindle.
That's lame! Your stories are some of the best going.

Did you ever read the story that used Hannah and Owen as the main characters? It set on an island off the coast of California, nothing like the characters you came up with but the names were the same and the story was slow and just bad.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 am

Hunt4lyf wrote:
doc66 wrote:Man, I just found out someone used my basic premise and title for a book which is now on sale on kindle.

Did you ever read the story that used Hannah and Owen as the main characters? It set on an island off the coast of California, nothing like the characters you came up with but the names were the same and the story was slow and just bad.

Thank you!

I have not read that story, I'm not sure I want to after struggling through about half this other one, I'm not sure how people get published when I can't seem too....

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:06 am

doc66 wrote:
Hunt4lyf wrote:

Thank you!

I have not read that story, I'm not sure I want to after struggling through about half this other one, I'm not sure how people get published when I can't seem too....
I didn't pay anything for it except time lost from my life but it wasn't even worth that much, I just looked and it appears to be a 4 book series now on Amazon, Colony Z is the name of it.

Your stories are all great reads and I've read them all several times although Jesse could use an ending :lol:

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 pm

I just found it and enjoyed this. Thanks
Boldly going nowhere

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:42 pm

Don't know how I missed this prequel.... great read!

Now to re-read the rest!

Have you considered publishing them as-is on Kindle? I'd pay to get them in thst format to add to the dugital library and read when I'm out in the country w/no internet.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:55 am

I'd pay a few bucks for these on Kindle as well. I regularly fund an independent film team that puts all their stuff for free on youtube via Kickstarter. Try running a kickstarter to raise a thousand dollars or so, link to your stuff to prove you write well, and use the money to self publish electronically. You can point at a ready to go quality product that just needs a little money for a bit of pro help in formatting it correctly for Kindle.

Step 4: Profit
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:51 am

RoneKiln wrote: Step 4: Profit

No, no, no...

Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Return to “Fiction”