All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:23 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

This thread inspird me to pick up this yesterday:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/cla ... er/1419873

along with this:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/3wa ... se/1914323

The accessory pouch is perfect for an item that you night need immediate access to that is of the approximate dimensions 1.265"x.860"x4.5". It attaches to the strap.

If you need the right side of your body free then you might special order the left handed version of the bag. I will make the standard version of the bag work for me.

It all works for me, however I don't carry a weapon in the bag. It has a "Napolean" pocket that would serve this purpose for a smaller firearm if you so choose.

They make an "XS" size, but it would've been too small for my needs (growing family, carrying baby diapers).

This bag does not catch a second glance in my town, whereas I always look sideways at the max-ped man-purse guys. Those bags just scream "I'm strapped" to me.

Kommander wrote:
So now ... we [are] worried that we may be faced with multiple heavily armed and armoured assailants in our day to day life ... I must have accidentally stumbled into the Somalia chapter subform or something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 am 

I saw this the other day, looks right up your alley. Too bad about the price though.

http://www.itstactical.com/store/discreet-messenger-bag-gen-2/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Humblesteve wrote:
I saw this the other day, looks right up your alley. Too bad about the price though.

http://www.itstactical.com/store/discreet-messenger-bag-gen-2/

Damn, I'm not a messenger bag kind of guy, but if I got one, that would be it. Great features, shitty price like you said. I still prefer something I could run a little more easily with, hands free (backpack or gearslinger type). Caveat: I haven't tried running with a messenger bag, maybe it works cinched tight?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm 

I have a 5.11 rush messenger bag. It has molle on it, but it's black so you can't really see it and it doesn't look "tactical". There is a video on it, and it seemed to be really well thought out for actual bike riding, such as the extra strap to keep it on your back, and attachment points for reflector tape and strobes. It has a padded laptop sleeve and a pocket that can be used to store your firearm.

I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm 

Sweet. Sold on the timbuk2 bag. I will get a custom one in FDE :lol:

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

Have you looked at the laptop and messenger bags at Tom Bihn? I have a Medium Cafe Bag, and while it won't fit a laptop (it might hold a smallish tablet), it's a tough and durable bag. Not sure how it would work for CCW - I got the bag three or four years ago, way before I got my permit, and haven't tried putting a pistol in it yet.

SMoAF wrote:
You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:33 am 

nimdabew wrote:
Murph wrote:
Why do you want to off body carry in the first place?

Sometimes, on body carry is not practical. I cannot go into the reasons why. When I am not in my usual daily clothes, it is on body carry.

Sure you aren't looking for this?

:lol:

the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:22 pm 

Murph wrote:
nimdabew wrote:
Murph wrote:
Why do you want to off body carry in the first place?

Sometimes, on body carry is not practical. I cannot go into the reasons why. When I am not in my usual daily clothes, it is on body carry.

Sure you aren't looking for this?

:lol:

Does it come in FDE?

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:44 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

nimdabew wrote:
Sweet. Sold on the timbuk2 bag. I will get a custom one in FDE :lol:

Timbuk2 bags are fantastic pieces of gear. I am still using my Timbuk2 large that I bought sometime in the mid 90's........

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm 

Chrome messenger bag. It should blend in in Seattle and has a front zippered pocket. It's design allows you to grab the bottom with your left hand and swivel it around to the front of your body. Plus there's a open top pocket behind the zippered pocket for mags and blowout kit. They can be found in bikeshops for a bill or a little more. Has all the space you need and waterproof as well.

http://m.chromebagsstore.com/

They have good color selection as well as camo

I'll cook this bunneh for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad bunneh. Not like going down the kitchen toasting bread and bagels. This bunneh, swallow ya whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 pm 

Got this in small and custom. Very not tactical, but I will be sewing loop velcro in the back pocket, and then making a kydex holster with hook velcro on the back. In fact, I think that is what I am going to use my old G19 holster for that I have. Awesome, I won't need to make a holster.

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm 

FYI, I have the Kodiac Gearslinger and the Versipak Jumbo and they both fit tablets just fine. I carry my iPad in one everyday.