Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I'm just gonna toss this out there too and take it for what you will but:

If she "really" wants to carry She's going to have to change something. I know she doesn't want to, but would she rather look great and get raped or murdered, or look great by wearing a belt for an IWB holster or whatever and be a hell of a lot safer?

Slight sacrifices for an improvement (think like tenfold here) in safety is well worth it IMO.

That being said, there is a super minimal carry way.... Check out the MIC http://Www.glocktech.com it's the smallest concealed holster I have seen....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 pm 

CaptAmerica wrote:
I am starting to think I may have to buy her multiple ways to carry...

My .02 would be this, you figured it out yourself. She's a woman, that usually means she requires variety in her wardrobe. THAT usually means there will not be a "one size fits all" answer to her CC style. It will probably mean more than one pistol, and more than one holster for some of those pistols. Are you seeing the upside to this solution?

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:00 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

@5:00. Thinks boobies, gets pistol. Damn.

Pleasure Island is a metaphor for the “profane life” characterized by ignorance, the search for instant gratification and the satisfaction of the one’s lowest impulses ~ The Esoteric Interpretation of Pinocchio
LOOK AT THIS MOLOTOV!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 am 

If she doesn't want to carry a gun, she won't carry a gun.

She has to realize she likely will have to make some concessions in how she dresses to conceal the pistol. Guns do have weight and bulk and they aren't invisible.

All I can suggest is that she look into different possibilities and start trying them out to see what works for her. She has to do the work herself though as only she knows what she's willing to change in her dress in order to carry the gun.

There are more choices in smaller, but still effective, pistols now then ever before. But, still, she still needs to conceal it somehow.

If she's not willing to change anything, then carrying a gun isn't that important to her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 pm 

I'm kind of shocked by the 'she has to commit to carrying' and the 'why is it so important to me that she carries' type of replies.

As I stated in my OP she wants to carry, she is just looking for ideas from other women.

It doesn't take her getting mugged to commit to carrying. As I said she has already looked down the wrong end of a .45.

Many of you gave us some great ideas to look into, and we both thank you for those ideas. We are going to try some of them out and see what works beat for her. I think it will be a combination of carry methods, unlike us guys who tend to just carry on our hip.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I think you got the commit to carrying comments, because it is a big commitment when you carry a firearm. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm 

I'm going to have to double down on the bra holster. It's very concealable and women say that once they get used to it it is quite comfortable. I believe that Ruger has the LC-9 a single stack 9mm. No mouse gun but small and light with a good trigger.

Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:11 pm 

sarky wrote:
I'm going to have to double down on the bra holster. It's very concealable and women say that once they get used to it it is quite comfortable. I believe that Ruger has the LC-9 a single stack 9mm. No mouse gun but small and light with a good trigger.

Ok let's just be blunt... I don't think the bra holster will work well with B cups... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:05 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

These guys have all brought up good points. She's going to have to accept the fact that to carry the gun she wants that there's going to have to be changes to her wardrobe. All I can reccomend is to let her try multiple ways of carrying and be prepared to invest some time and money in it (you think their shoe closets are bad you should see some women's holster collections :lol: ) If she's not dead set on carrying a bersa you could look into the naa mini revolvers. It's better than nothing and goes wherever my bersa can't (I love both of them btw :D)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 pm 

Well, what about SmartCarry or Thunderwear type holsters? No belt necessary, since they are basically a belt you wear underneath your pants. Plus, appendix carry is generally considered a better option for women, since carrying on the hip is difficult if you have curves.

What's wrong with a clip-on IWB? You don't need a belt for those either. The only thing I could think of that would make it so you can't carry IWB would be dresses, and if she wears dresses and doesn't carry a purse, where the heck does she keep her cash and ID?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 am 

Vanniek71 wrote:
check out this ladies vids, she goes through a ton of options you might find suitable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography?feature=watch

I was going to recomend the same videos. That girl is very attractive and she works with the clothes she wants to wear to be able to carry. It seems she uses different types of holsters depending on what she wants to wear.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:05 pm 

Branth wrote:

and if she wears dresses and doesn't carry a purse, where the heck does she keep her cash and ID?

In here phone case

We are however trying a few options to see what works best for her.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 pm 

Have her check out http://www.corneredcat.com
By tha ladies for tha ladies.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 pm 

Wait until she expresses more interest in a way to carry.

Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:24 pm 

SpringerFan wrote:

Very interesting site. I hadn't seen this one before. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm 

squinty wrote:
Wait until she expresses more interest in a way to carry.

Is not that she isn't interested. Quite the opposite. However she is frustrated trying to find a balance in all the ways she dresses and all the ways to carry.

I think part of that frustration comes from seeing me carry the same way almost every day. She realizes that wont work for her.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm 

Same issue, but had luck with a video review on youtube. This user makes several other good reviews for women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk&feature=plcp

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm 

SpringerFan wrote:

Definitely recomend Cornered Cat. My wife loves her website for carry info. Also falia is great.
Just going to have to get 5-6 carry methods. One for each type of outfit.

Bearcat wrote:
I think it looks sick. I will definitely get one sometime down the road.

RIP Pat HK33K
ZS Fleet #0039 & 0044
When you need it, and don't have it, you sing a different tune.-Burt Gummer
Catch you f***ers at a bad time? –Abraham Whistler
My blog: http://omega-storm.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm 

Long story short, it sounds like she simply does not WANT to carry... I think no matter what solution you found for her, she'd likely find flaw in it... so I'd leave her alone about it... by pushing her she may just refuse to carry to "prove her point"... moreover, why start a fight that you have already lost? Sometimes... you gotta let the wookie win.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 pm 

Bear_B wrote:
Long story short, it sounds like she simply does not WANT to carry... I think no matter what solution you found for her, she'd likely find flaw in it... so I'd leave her alone about it... by pushing her she may just refuse to carry to "prove her point"... moreover, why start a fight that you have already lost? Sometimes... you gotta let the wookie win.

As I have posted repeatedly; it is her desire to carry.
She had a .45 pointed at her head. She loves guns, loves to shoot, and in fact is a better shot than me.

I am not forcing her to do anything.

Her issue is in trying to fi d a functional and comfortable way to carry.
Unlike me, she doesn't wear pants, belt and an untucked shirt every day. She, like most women i assume, wears everything from jeans to dresses to sweat pants. She doesn't carry a purse ( for the same reason shed never carry a gun in a purse, purses get snatched)

This has been a very frustrating post. We have found some great ideas from many replies, and we have had so many 'dont force her to carry' posts.

My intention of this thread was to get input from women, because I cannot relate to the challenges of they face when carrying.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm 

CaptAmerica right or not I think you would get less shit from people here if your GF had come on the forum herself to ask questions

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm 

I apologize, I should have read more carefuly. No offense intended.

I had this same problem with the women in my life who have talked to me about CCW (relatives, GFs, and an exwife), and they have all kinda shared that same "I want to carry, but dont want to change how I dress" theology.

So if your GF does not want to alter her mode of dress, it's going to be difficult at best to carry a "mid sized" weapon. I think you know, as well as most of us here who CCW, that when you CCW, you almost HAVE to alter how you dress, at least to SOME extent.

The women who I have gotten to actually carry, have for the most part adopted an "off body" carry style (i.e. a purse), and they have found that to be the least impact to their wardrobe and lifestyle.

Good luck to you my friend, I hope you and her find a solution and she does indeed opt to exercise her right to protect herself. Again, apologies for mis-reading your post.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm 

As a woman, I can tell you the person that posted to get multiple holsters is most likely on target. That way she can carry and still be cute in whatever outfit she wants to wear. (yes it is a big deal)
Of course, she may be saying she wants to carry to please you and using the "unable to find a good holster" as an excuse not to. (and yes we do that from time to time).
I also know that if she really wanted to, she would. I'm guessing that is what all the men were talking about "her being commited to carrying" comes from.
From personal experience, I have seen the working end of a large gun and I still do not wish to carry.Even tho I love shoting, and I own a 9mm CZ. I just dont want to carry. It is a big issue with my husband, as he is afraid I will get robbed again.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:40 pm 

Bear_B, its cool, and you make some great points.

Carolinamudbug, yes, we are at the point that she will have 2 CC weapons and several holsters. Looking at a mid size and a mouse gun for her. It is what it is. :grin:

Last edited by CaptAmerica on Thu May 31, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.