It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need war belt holster.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I am looking for a holster to put on my HSGI war belt.
I am not sure what to get: Safariland, Bladetech, or something like that.
I don't want the drop leg, but I want it to ride a little lower like in the pic below.
I need it for HK USP.40 compact.
THE PROBLEM IS, I tried to figure out Safariland website, but I still can not figure out what holster I need.
HELP!
pics are from AR15 forum
or even lower

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm 

If you want the holster in the photo, that's a 6280. I'd recommend the ALS holster, as it's more secure (the SLS hood has to be locked in the up position to retain the pistol, the ALS locks automatically and is much faster to draw from). There are a few different ways to get from point A to point B with that system, but the ALS on the mid-ride UBL in the black STX Tactical finish for the right hand part number is 6390-291-411. That number isn't on their website and probably isn't in the order guide, either. Those resources are nowhere near up to date. Bear in mind, unless somebody's already got one on the shelf, it'll have to be made and will take 30-45 days.

http://www.atstacticalgear.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:11 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Interesting! I have been online for hours trying to research Safariland holsters. This is the first time I came across 6390 holster. Everything I see is 6004, 6280, and 6285.

Will I need anything else? Any sort of adapter? Or will it just go directly on the belt and ride the way I want it to?

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 am 

I run the same setup on my warbelt.

You might think about visiting your local police supply store, might have one in stock and should have some experienced staff.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I'm digging the Bladetech right now:

But, as Tom Petty said; "The waiting, is the hardest part".

Get High Speed so Zombies can't catch ya! TAD, TAG, and Kifaru 4 sale! http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=104048

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I was going to recommend the Bladetech Dropped and Offset Holster. I believe it's what Dave runs on his war belt, he talks about it a bit in Sigboy's scout belt thread. But yes, Bladetech. DOH.

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:42 pm 

Try this sight: http://www.holsterops.com/

Its easy enough to navigate and figure out what you need, but there shipping times look a bit long. Once you figure it out, go over here to place the order: http://www.copquest.com/23-series.htm I use them for anything I can't find on eBay (which is most of my duty gear) and they're pretty quick in getting it to you. Otherwise, I get my gear locally.

EDIT: You're in PA! If you're up for a drive try these guys: http://www.patriotworkwear.com/ Mark and Nick are first rate guys. They have or can get you anything you need. Plus their prices are pretty good. Buit a word of warning, if you go in there you will leave with more than you intended...its just that good!

No eating/drinking/snorting the Bath Salts! - jonm61 (WaltherForums)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I'm using a Safariland 6365 holster on my war belt. The 6365 has a 1.5" drop so it rides lower than a normal Safariland.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:59 am 
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

I like the Bladetech DOH dropped a little more via WECSOG. There's a thread someplace with my setup

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

Civilian Scout wrote:
No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 am 

I have always liked the UM84.

But its not built for speed. And its mainly for full framed weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:20 am 

MacAttack wrote:
I have always liked the UM84.

But its not built for speed. And its mainly for full framed weapons.

I also like the UM-84, I have the thumb break on mine and it's pretty fast if you practice with it. Got mine for $20, can't beat that :D Re-snapping the thumb break isn't very fast though, but nobody ever won a fight because they re-holstered faster than the other guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I don't know if I did the right thing or wrong. I pulled a trigger on a holster I saw on ebay for $19.
It is a SAFARILAND ALS STX model 6377-291-411.
I am thinking that I can put it on Universal Belt Loop adapter 6075UBL for another $16.
What's your thinking on that? Good/bad move?

If you guys think it's a bad idea, I can always use it for CC.

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

It should work. I say give it a shot and see how you like it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:27 am 

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am looking for a holster too. I am looking for something that has a kydex type insert that offered some "click in" retention and a thumb break. When I was a cop we went to the Safariland holsters, and I never liked the hood system. Mostly because there was no retention in the holster unless you closed the hood.

When I was off duty I loved my Fobus holster because I just had to reholster my pistol and I was good to go. But for running on my war belt, I would like the second level of retention with a thumb break.

My google fu only turned up Uncle Mike holsters like this, but they seem kind of cheap. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 am 

I have a Safariland low ride holster, the one Haji is speaking of (recommended from both him & my brother on another forum). I love it. I tried the leg drop, hated it. Went right back to my Safariland ALS one too (it comes with a hood, which was promptly removed). I MAY even have a pic of it-let me look & see.

EDIT: Found it:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 am 

BullOnParade wrote:
I was going to recommend the Bladetech Dropped and Offset Holster. I believe it's what Dave runs on his war belt, he talks about it a bit in Sigboy's scout belt thread. But yes, Bladetech. DOH.

I also support the Bladetech DOH holster, my only complaint is that they dont make it for the sig.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:
Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

sigboy40 wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:

I also support the Bladetech DOH holster, my only complaint is that they dont make it for the sig.

Check again :D http://www.blade-tech.com/Dropped-Offse ... -1163.html
I have one on order for my hsgi setup. Sig 226R 9mm for me!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:40 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

cap6888 wrote:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am looking for a holster too. I am looking for something that has a kydex type insert that offered some "click in" retention and a thumb break. When I was a cop we went to the Safariland holsters, and I never liked the hood system. Mostly because there was no retention in the holster unless you closed the hood.

When I was off duty I loved my Fobus holster because I just had to reholster my pistol and I was good to go. But for running on my war belt, I would like the second level of retention with a thumb break.

My google fu only turned up Uncle Mike holsters like this, but they seem kind of cheap. Any suggestions?

Safariland has SLS and ALS holsters that use the hood system. It sounds like you were using the SLS when your were LE. The ALS has a hood and another lever you hit with your thumb to release the handgun. The ALS also engages as soon as you re-holster so you can drop your gun in and have one level of retention.

If you are looking for a kydex holster there are several good companies making kydex holsters right now. Here are a few.

caneandderby.com

ntacholsters.com

comp-tac.com

ravenconcealment.com

jmcustomkydex.com

If you don't want to wait DSG usually keeps their kydex stuff in stock.

I would stay away from any Uncle Mikes holsters, they are usually junk.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 am 

Big B wrote:
safariland has SLS and ALS holsters that use the hood system. It sounds like you were using the SLS when your were LE. The ALS has a hood and another lever you hit with your thumb to release the handgun. The ALS also engages as soon as you re-holster so you can drop your gun in and have one level of retention.

If you are looking for a kydex holster there are several good companies making kydex holsters right now. Here are a few.

caneandderby.com

ntacholsters.com

comp-tac.com

ravenconcealment.com

jmcustomkydex.com

If you don't want to wait DSG usually keeps their kydex stuff in stock.

I would stay away from any Uncle Mikes holsters, they are usually junk.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured Uncle Mikes was junk. I checked out the links, but I couldn't find any that had thumb breaks on them. That and they all seemed to be concealed carry types. Any ideas on some duty belt ( for lack of better terms) kydex holsters hat have thumb breaks?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:26 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
sigboy40 wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:

I COULD KISS YOU!!!!! Your google-fu is obviously much greater then mine!

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:35 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

sigboy40 wrote:
TheLastOne wrote:
sigboy40 wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:

I COULD KISS YOU!!!!! Your google-fu is obviously much greater then mine!

:lol:
I only knew because I put an order in for mine about 6 weeks ago. You probably missed it in their pull down menu because for some reason Sig is after Smith & Wesson, while everything else is alphabetical... :?:

I had been reading your sigboy belt thread to research what to buy for my war/class belt, and saw that Dave and I think GD4 too were running the bladetech. Good enough recommendation for my use for sure. I'll probably post a pic in there when the damn holster shows up and I figure out how to best mount it, but I've got my hsgi 2012 cool guy belt running 3 rifle/pistol tacos, 1 pistol taco, hsgi compact blow out kit, and a maxped roly polly dump. I got the hsgi low pro chest rig too with 4 double rifle tacos on that sucker too! Bring on the milcopp.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm 

I was originally going to go with the HSGI belt, which I hear is made of pure AWESOME, but I am currently looking at the Vikings Tactics belt. http://www.skdtac.com/Viking-Tactics-Battle-Belt-VTAC-Brokos-Belt-p/vkg.510.htm The main reason why is because 5-11 said that they were running their copy as a hip belt on some of their packs. Simply run your riggers belt outside of those loops and through the mount on your pack. That sprung my creative juices and I am going to try and make that happen on my eberlestock, leave the back open, add one Nalgene holder, 2 pistol mags, 2 rifle mags, HSGI blow out pouch, Knife, Pistol and a compass pouch.

thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 pm 

I am actually going to take this to the next level.

What holster for War Belt with a weapon mounted light?

thinkfree wrote:

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am 

I know you already bit on the Safariland...I hope it works out. That said, Blade-Tech's DOH is by far the best holster I've used and I got a box full of them. The DOH I'm using has just the belt mount and it rides at the right level to grab. The OCP shirts are a little long and so it gets tucked in behind the holster but doesn't interfer with access. The only time I switch out is when I have to travel via rotary and I always get stuck in between to fat ass contractors :x I keep a Serpa mounted on my IOTV for those occasions and remove the DOH until I get back on the ground. I do have several Safariland holsters, but the DOH just hit the spot for me these past two deployments.

ROCK6