Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:41 pm 

Ok so last time out shooting i took some clay pigeons to shoot well from about 25ft away some were taking two rounds...not cool. Its a sig sauer p226 da only I mean the gun has never jammed on me and i like it but it dosnt have very good accuracy. Its just ok instead. I have heard that the springfield xdm 9mm is pretty accurate and has a 19round magazine. But how is its reliablility? And the beretaa 92fs/m9 has really good reliabiltiy and one can prcure 17round mags for it but how is its accuracy does the whole smily face from lethal weapon pan out? I felt both at a gun shop near me and i loved both but which can shoot really good at distances up to 25meters have high round capacity but not jam on me? beretta or springfield?

Last edited by specops on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 pm 

specops wrote:
Ok so last time out shooting i took some clay pigeons to shoot well from about 25ft away some were taking two rounds...not cool. I mean the gun has never jammed on me and i like it but it dosnt have very good accuracy. Its just ok instead. I have heard that the springfield xdm 9mm is pretty accurate and has a 19round magazine. But how is its reliablility? And the beretaa 92fs/m9 has really good reliabiltiy and one can prcure 17round mags for it but how is its accuracy does the whole smily face from lethal weapon pan out? I felt both at a gun shop near me and i loved both but which can shoot really good at distances up to 25meters have high round capacity but not jam on me? beretta or springfield?

I despise the Beretta, the grip is way too fat and the DA trigger sucks balls. I am a glock guy, but I did like the XDMs in 9mm that I have shot, one of the longslide competition models I shot was great, very accurate and a good trigger.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 pm 

The Beretta can't hold a candle to any XD (or XDm) out there. Put a couple hundred rounds through both firearms and you'll have at least half a dozen or more malfunctions on your Beretta and maaaaaybe one on your XD. If you're looking for a gun to keep you alive in a gun fight, get an XD.

(I love you)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:39 pm 

I'd say the Beretta, but I am a bit prejudiced!

If you want an "accurate" Beretta, then you've got to get an Elite II or else "do-it-yourself" like I did on this one.

- The Delta Force

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:18 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I haven't had any experience with the Berretta, but I have a ton with my XD's and really like them. I would definitely shoot both and see which one works best for you. Still my XD's have been super reliable. 1000's of rounds shot and never a misfire and they are a breeze to clean. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Get the PistolGear 170mm magazine extension and you can have 29 rounds on tap. :shock:

My night stand gun:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

After slogging through the OP (seriously, spelling,punctuation, and grammar are your friend) I'd say the M9 is the wrong choice to put in there. G17 or XDwhatever (fuck if I know what the competition model is) would be a better comparo. Both should be accurate enough to get the job done, and then it's a matter of which do you like better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:43 pm 

Get the one that's feels best to you, Berettas are great guns, iam partial to them. Own several.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 am 

I was hoping someone else would have suggested this so I didn't have to be the asshole, but odds are that 226 is more accurate than you are. That said some people just shoot DAO guns poorly because of the trigger. The mechanical accuracy on just about any non POS handgun should be capable of hitting a target the size of clay at 25 feet without issue. Find the one that is comfortable for you that can maximize your accuracy potential.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 am 

92 or xDM?
XDM.

:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:36 am 

Sheepdog-Z wrote:
The Beretta can't hold a candle to any XD (or XDm) out there. Put a couple hundred rounds through both firearms and you'll have at least half a dozen or more malfunctions on your Beretta and maaaaaybe one on your XD.

Where do people get this crap?

Do you really think Beretta 92F's malfunction 3% of the time?

Hogwash.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:39 am 

ultra magnus wrote:
I was hoping someone else would have suggested this so I didn't have to be the asshole, but odds are that 226 is more accurate than you are.

Yup.

I love hearing people complain about how their gun is "inaccurate" when it's them that's inaccurate.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:22 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

400 Grains wrote:
I love hearing people complain about how their gun is "inaccurate" when it's them that's inaccurate.

My 1911 was inaccurate until I did some work to it. Now it's very accurate. Sometimes it really is the gun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:31 am 

Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else
Highly unlikely you're outshooting a SIG 226 unless there's something mechanically wrong, seriously wrong, with the gun. If you're inaccurate with a SIG, you're not going to shoot better with an XDM or anything else.

I shoot better with my SIG P220 than any other gun I own...but it's a matter of inches or fractions of inches, meaning, not much. If you're doing your part, any serviceable firearm will be "accurate".

Go out, and keep practicing until you can put an entire magazine into a 5" bull at 10 yards on demand, every time, without fail. Until then, stop thinking about new guns or gear to improve your shooting.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Woah, just realized I read that wrong. Yeah, you aren't outshooting your Sig, unless the sights are FUBAR or the rifling has been shot out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:08 pm 

MaconCJ7 wrote:
400 Grains wrote:

My 1911 was inaccurate until I did some work to it. Now it's very accurate. Sometimes it really is the gun.

Very, very, rarely, with very few people.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

MaconCJ7 wrote:
400 Grains wrote:

It was a 1911, so that's more understandable. A Sig 226, not so much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Doc Torr wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:07 pm 

Doc Torr wrote:
MaconCJ7 wrote:
400 Grains wrote:

A quality 1911 will outshoot the vast majority of shooters, right out of the box. A 70 year old GI 1911 that's been used and abused in 2 or 3 wars? Maybe not.

"Accuracy" is a much misused term when it comes to handguns. It's usually a deflection for lack of ability to shoot them well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

92F vs. XDM is comparing apples and oranges. XD is a match grade barrel poly pistol, and 92F is a mostly metal GI pistol, that (sorry Beretta fans) most of the military despises. IMO slide mounted safeties are terrible, the design is prone to negligent discharges, and from my personal experience weapons malfunctions were constant. Idk about the price difference, but the xdm competition .45 is $850, pretty pricey compared to comparable smith and Wesson and Glock models. I'd look at a G19, m&p15, and XD/xdm model

"To you it's JP8. To me it's a hallucinogen."-PV2 Winston Smith, Tikrit, Iraq 2003

Last edited by Winston Smith on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:23 pm 

TDW586 wrote:
Highly unlikely you're outshooting a SIG 226 unless there's something mechanically wrong, seriously wrong, with the gun. If you're inaccurate with a SIG, you're not going to shoot better with an XDM or anything else.

I agree that the SIG isn't the problem, but going to an XDM or conventional DA gun over the DAO 226 will probably result in vastly better shooting in the short term. A DAO trigger isn't a bad thing, but if the shooter doesn't practice much it's a lot harder for them to make hits than it would be with a shorter/lighter trigger.
I'd put SIG quality and mechanical accuracy potential well above a stock 92 and at least a bit above the XDM, but if the shooter can't devote the time to use it properly then he may be better served by trading for an easier gun. Between the two, I'd say that the XDM is going to be the easiest to shoot well.
Trigger control is important either way, and there's no substitute for practice, but there's less to screw up on the XDM than a DAO 226, and he doesn't have to train for the DA first round from the 92.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm 

Lol I am looking to get rid of a 92FS.... just saying ......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:47 pm 

The accuracy problem only really applies to shooting paper. Go with the XDM. The new improved 92 http://www.berettausa.com/products/model-92a1/ I find really interesting though.

:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm 

Might find a range that has both to rent or a fellow member might have both you could try. Chances are good that you can, "try before you buy", as these are pretty common pistols. XDs fit my hand better than Berettas.