Rifle cartridge holders?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

HellSpork

Rifle cartridge holders?

Post by HellSpork » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:07 pm

I ordered a cheek rest for my Mosin Nagant Jungle Carbine (see thread over in longarms forum). First of all, there's a lesson to be learned here:

When shopping on eBay, and purchasing a product that has drop-down menu options, DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CHOICES BEFORE PURCHASING. Apparently, even if you make your selections, those can change if you continue browsing the product photos.

Long story short, I meant to order the one for RIFLE cartridges, but ended up with the SHOTGUN model. Identical items, only difference is the velcro-backed cards that are included.

I've messaged the company that made the item to see if I can order JUST the cards, but I was wondering if anyone knew anyone who sells them?

I know Esstac makes their longer, 7-round shotgun cards, but I can't seem to find anyone who sells a velcro-backed rifle card...

HellSpork

Re: Rifle cartridge holders?

Post by HellSpork » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Never mind, guys! A little imagination, and this is even better than keeping individual rounds on the outside.

To make up for the lack of being able to grab a single round and load it quick in an emergency, she's got 4 rounds in the magazine with the bolt closed on an empty chamber. The stock cuff has 2 strippers on the outside, and 4 in the zippered pouch. Total of 34 rounds on the rifle and ready to rock.

Once I double check the sights, this girl is going in my trunk.

Granted, It's most likely use will be dispatching deer on the side of the road...

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Firstly, that thing is looking sweet. Secondly, I think I have those same shoes.

HellSpork

Post by HellSpork » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:54 am

ultra magnus wrote:Firstly, that thing is looking sweet. Secondly, I think I have those same shoes.

Thanks.

And Salomon makes a damn good shoe. I've been wearing these for about 5 years, now.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 am

HellSpork wrote:Never mind, guys! A little imagination, and this is even better than keeping individual rounds on the outside.

To make up for the lack of being able to grab a single round and load it quick in an emergency, she's got 4 rounds in the magazine with the bolt closed on an empty chamber. The stock cuff has 2 strippers on the outside, and 4 in the zippered pouch. Total of 34 rounds on the rifle and ready to rock.

Once I double check the sights, this girl is going in my trunk.

Granted, It's most likely use will be dispatching deer on the side of the road...

That looks like a well-thought out arrangement, Hellspork. I really like that.

I see what you mean by "a little imagination." It almost looks like it was designed for the purpose you're now using it for.

Istvan56
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead & Night of the Living Dead

Post by Istvan56 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 am

I agree with MajorHavoc, that rifle does look like it came from a custom shop rather than a DIY job. That means you did very well for a trunk gun. However, I wouldn't leave any rounds in the mag but add a MN pouch or two to my car GHB/Go Bag with additional rounds on stripper clips. An unloaded rifle is legal nearly everywhere but a loaded rifle (in the mag) can be a no-no in several jurisdictions.

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 am

You, sir, are a genius. I want one for my Mosin. Where did you get it from?

HellSpork

Post by HellSpork » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 am

Tribunal Power wrote:You, sir, are a genius. I want one for my Mosin. Where did you get it from?
Came from Numrich.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Det ... ne&catid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They sell both ORIGINAL flash hiders, as well as the REPRODUCTION one. This is the REPRO. It's literally made for converting sporterized Enfields into less-ugly, faux Jungle Carbines.

That fact that it fits a shortened Mosin barrel is sheer luck.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”