eye sight and optics issues

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Re: eye sight and optics issues

Post by Shiloh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
crypto wrote:Without the ambi safety, you have to unhook your firing hand from the grip, and move your hand to the outside of the weapon to hit the safety with your thumb. It is a real pain in the dick and will slow you down. The ambi safety is absolutely worth it.
Yeah, I'm glad I finally upgraded. One of those "I don't know how I lived without it" things. :)
Shiloh wrote:Is there any disadvantage besides having to take your finger off fire control in operating the safety with your index finger?
That seems impossibly awkward.
Really? :? I did that with my airsoft AR all the time. Maybe I just have a really janky left index finger. :lol:
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Just so I'm clear (because my brain is in some sort of fog right now--entirely unrelated), you're talking about moving your index finger up to the safety:

I just can't even picture how you would actually do that. :ohdear: (Unless somehow you are relaxing your grip on the pistol grip and pivoting your whole hand somehow?)
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Shiloh
-Dead snow

Post by Shiloh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:Just so I'm clear (because my brain is in some sort of fog right now--entirely unrelated), you're talking about moving your index finger up to the safety:

I just can't even picture how you would actually do that. :ohdear: (Unless somehow you are relaxing your grip on the pistol grip and pivoting your whole hand somehow?)
Yeah, similar to that. I just turn my wrist a little and move the finger up. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years. :lol:

Tactical furry.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm

:lol:

I'm left-handed, so I guess I can't say much about anything else doing it wrong, but...try your thumb. :P
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Shiloh
-Dead snow

Post by Shiloh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Mr. E. Monkey wrote::lol:

I'm left-handed, so I guess I can't say much about anything else doing it wrong, but...try your thumb. :P
Haha, I'll give it a shot. :lol:

Tactical furry.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Use your left thumb. Like Crypto is describing.
Shiloh wrote:
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
crypto wrote:Without the ambi safety, you have to unhook your firing hand from the grip, and move your hand to the outside of the weapon to hit the safety with your thumb. It is a real pain in the dick and will slow you down. The ambi safety is absolutely worth it.
Yeah, I'm glad I finally upgraded. One of those "I don't know how I lived without it" things. :)
Shiloh wrote:Is there any disadvantage besides having to take your finger off fire control in operating the safety with your index finger?
That seems impossibly awkward.
Really? :? I did that with my airsoft AR all the time. Maybe I just have a really janky left index finger. :lol:
I always just use my left thumb when shooting lefty on an AR. Right thumb when righty, left thumb when lefty. And I never thought of it as difficult to bring your thumb around the grip, and there's no disengagement with the grip by your left hand IMO, and then you can even fire with your thumb on the same side of the grip as the trigger finger if you need to. Also if you know in advance you may be taking the safety off while holding lefty, you can move your thumb next to it while still in patrol position. Then 'click' and move your thumb back around to the normal position as you're aiming. You already do it like that when holding righty, if you think you're gonna click off the safety you put your thumb on/near it. Even if you end up not clicking it.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

A Pimp Named Slickback
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by A Pimp Named Slickback » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 am

Every time i go to the doctors its the same thing of one eye bad one eye good. did the tests and it's just the way i was made. the solution is shooting left but i can get use to it. :D
crypto wrote:
A Pimp Named Slickback wrote:
Oneswunk wrote:Save a horse refuse to hold a cowgirls hand until you are engaged
I hate you guys sometimes
FTFY
FTFY.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am

Well learning how to manipulate the rifle left handed is what you need to do then. That's an easy fix that a few minutes of dry practice every day will iron out just fine.

Learn to shoot your irons before you jump up to an optic. That will also give you time to look around and find one that will work for you.

I have an astigmatism but with contacts the bloom on my eotech is hardly noticeable.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”