Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:48 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm
Posts: 572
Location: SE Louisiana
0122358 wrote:
Also would the standard 1 inch nylon sling that comes with most AR's be considered a crappy 2 point?

Not necessarily, no. I used those plenty of times and have never had an issue. I never really understood why people despise them.

_________________
Image
ZSC:40
Greater New Orleans


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:11 am 
Offline
* * * * *

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 am
Posts: 9314
Location: Seattle, WA
PotatoMuncher wrote:
0122358 wrote:
Also would the standard 1 inch nylon sling that comes with most AR's be considered a crappy 2 point?

Not necessarily, no. I used those plenty of times and have never had an issue. I never really understood why people despise them.

Because they suck more than a Thai hooker.

_________________
Thanks Anianna!
Image

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:15 am 
Offline
* * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:52 am
Posts: 863
Location: Casstown, Ohio
If you really want the simple nylon sling, at least upgrade it to a 1903 style sling or a GI Loop sling.

_________________
____________
Joseph aka WY_Not - Founding Member, Chapter Officer
ZSC:029 - North East Ohio Zombie Squad
ZS Fleet # - 0183


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 am 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 am
Posts: 10584
nimdabew wrote:
PotatoMuncher wrote:
0122358 wrote:
Also would the standard 1 inch nylon sling that comes with most AR's be considered a crappy 2 point?

Not necessarily, no. I used those plenty of times and have never had an issue. I never really understood why people despise them.

Because they suck more than a Thai hooker.


I disagree. I prefer ARES and have a VTAC which is awesausume. However, I ran a simple two point during during at least two courses and it did not fail. The only dig I can make against them is the are generally too short for me.

_________________
A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom.
Patrick Henry

Prepare intellectually, materially, physically and martially.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm
Posts: 572
Location: SE Louisiana
nimdabew wrote:
PotatoMuncher wrote:
0122358 wrote:
Also would the standard 1 inch nylon sling that comes with most AR's be considered a crappy 2 point?

Not necessarily, no. I used those plenty of times and have never had an issue. I never really understood why people despise them.

Because they suck more than a Thai hooker.

So much hate.
All ya had to do was double-swoop them, and they held up beautifully.

_________________
Image
ZSC:40
Greater New Orleans


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:41 am 
Offline
* * * * *

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:27 am
Posts: 9314
Location: Seattle, WA
There are only two typ4es of slings that I like using. These USGI slings

Image

And my VTAC. For some reason, every other sling I have tried just sucks in one important area or another, especially the shitty 1" webbing sling that comes with 90% of new rifles. Thai hooker. Sucking. That sling.

_________________
Thanks Anianna!
Image

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 am 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 766
Location: The land of Antelopes.
M_anstrom wrote:
VTAC's are my favorite slings for M4's but for bolt guns and M1A's the M1907 sling can't be beat.

http://www.tacticalintervention.com/qui ... eltwo.html

TIS FTW...

_________________
Our world is on the verge of a temporal displacement, and it will be humanity that falls victim to the repercussions. The few humans remaining desperately search for answers to their infinitesimal existence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AR Slings
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:07 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:21 pm
Posts: 2345
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Received a care package from OPTactical last night, including amongst other things a ARES Armor sling. Got it mounted up, but haven't really had the time to test it out yet. First impressions is positive though, and it'll replace the VCAS sling on my primary carbine.

_________________
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group