Zombie Squad

We make dead things deader
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Concealed Carry
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:57 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

What's the deal, here, fellas? Can we get licenses in St. Louis, yet, or what? I know we can APPLY, but I have yet to hear of any being granted. I can't find any confirmation on the net, except that OTHER counties are granting them.
Oh, and this is funny:
Reagan

squinty wrote:
I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:13 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

That's weird. My sister has been screaming and yelling and finally turned twenty-one so she can get a permit to carry a pistol on her at all times. She got into guns with her last boyfriend. I can't really wait myself.

You guys are so unamerican it's killing my dog. -Cyr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:31 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Right now, the only muni that's giving out the permits is St. Chas. St. Lou has effectively blocked ccw by ruling it an "unfunded mandate".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:48 am 

Unfunded?

I'd give up a lot of cash to get a CCW license.

...Think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:35 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Double fuck. So that hancock thing? Anyone know what's up to fix it? I'd gladly donate time or cash.

squinty wrote:
I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:23 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Jamoni wrote:
Double fuck. So that hancock thing? Anyone know what's up to fix it? I'd gladly donate time or cash.

Call the state NRA they will have a lot of plans in the works. They are on the ball I am sure.

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislatio ... aspx?ST=MO

Looks like you all have a pretty anti gun Court and Governor.

I Survived Wintergeddon 06!!
Fleet# ZS 0040

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:59 pm 

I have a CC from the state of NC. I moved to MO last August and I thought it was still good under the new law. I talked to a state trooper last night who told me that MO will recognize CC's of other states if you are just passing through. Since I moved here and I am now a MO resident, my CC from another state is no good and I'll have to go through the entire process again.

This sucks, how many FBI checks and how much money do I have to pay to be able to exorcise my rights?

Bummer

Mystic :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:13 pm 

Alabama as the most lax gun laws I've ever seen, period. It's almost insane! But I'm totally not complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:22 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

In Louisiana, it was cash and carry. No waiting period, just the instant check. And at the time (it's changed since, I believe) if you were a non-felon resident, you could carry concealed without a permit. Unfortunately that didn't apply to military personell as we were considered residents of our home states :( .

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:01 am 

I think it costs like... 1.00$ for a CCW in Alabama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:12 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I demand laws that allow any citizen to openly display arms as long as it is not in a threatening or dangerous manner, provided of course that they have never been convicted of any crimes, pass the grueling psychological testing, throughly investigated background by the government, and can speak English. That and those fancy futureistic-ish fingerprint identification responsive grips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:22 am 

And they are Aryan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:27 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Fuck those responsive grips. The only effective safety is your brain, and a grip or little magnetic ring or whatever is just one more thing to not work. It's a ploy to drive the price of firearms up to the point where only "good rich white folk" can afford them. Grrr.

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:27 pm 

Jeff wrote:
I demand laws that allow any citizen to openly display arms

I don't know about MO, but in NC you can open carry all day long as long as you don't go into a bank, government building, or anyplace that sells alcohol. I saw one guy with a .357 long barrel revolver at the beach one time. He had his holster over his bathing suit. No Joke, it really happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:30 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

What about car carry? That doesn't require funding, can we do that yet?
I hope dude's revolver was stainless steel?

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:38 pm 

Lets get real here folks. The CC law, like all gun control laws, is unconstitutional and under Mayberry vs. Madison we are under no obligation to obey any of them.

I know, this sounds good in theory but it will never work in real life. I'm just running off at the mouth cause this is how I really feel.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Just what part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" does the congress and supreme court not understand?????

There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books in the US and there are some folks out there who want more.

Screw Michale Moore

Mystic :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:22 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Sounds like a book I read, called something like "Never pay taxes again!" written by some guy serving 15 years for tax evasion. I agree that gun laws should fall into a very small category something like this:
If you shoot someone or something and they didn't deserve it, you go to jail or die. But that's not the reality we are faced with. So i will continue to follow the laws of the land so long as they are consistent with my survival.

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:59 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

http://www.gclastl.org/legis/legislative-v2n4.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:39 pm 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

http://www.gclastl.org/boston.html
:D :D :D
Excellent link. Thanks.

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:30 am 

You gentlemen have it easy... I live in New Jersey. You have to get a fire-arms ID card just to own a long gun. Each hand-gun you want needs it's own "pistol purchasing permit." I lived in Arizona for two years and bought a few guns in the instant check, cash, and carry style. Now I live in the state that spawned Bill "pinko" Brady. You know, the guy who wrote The Brady Bill. I still follow the law and I will continue to pay extra licencing and permit costs, and taxes, and waiting periods for each new gun, but for the holy love of God! this is just assinine. As for a CCW? Not unless you are law-enforcement.

I Survived Wintergheddon 06', 07'!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:40 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brady
The Brady bill is actually named after James Brady, Reagan's press secretary who was wounded by Hinkley when he tried to kill Reagan. Sarah Brady, his wife, was instrumental in forming Handgun Control Inc.
But yeah, those are some fairly strict laws. I bet it's worth it, though, because violent crime is almost non-existent in New Jersey, right? :roll:

squinty wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:53 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Jamoni wrote:
Excellent link. Thanks.

that makes me laugh a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:11 am 

Oh, well thank you for the correction. I didn't mean to misinform. But yes, I live in the only republican county in this democratic state so thee are a few people here that have guns. The general viewpoint in this area is that if you own a gun and you are not a cop, you must be a crimminal, or have crimminal intent. It sickens me... The end result is a society that is affraid of guns.

The violent crime rate here is the same or higher as in any other state. I'm sure some of you have heard of Newark, New Jersey? The Mafia? There was less violent crime in Tucson Arizona, where everyone has a gun, than in any equaly sized city in New Jersey. The trick is that people here don't have the option to protect themselves. When a Psycho has a gun here, a lot more people get hurt...

I Survived Wintergheddon 06', 07'!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:39 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Jamoni wrote:
Excellent link. Thanks.

No prob. I've got a million gun links.