Tunnel Rat Poll

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Welcome to Nam Tunnel Rat. Choose your tunnel weapon wisely you only get one

1. Colt 1911- powerful but only 8 rounds chambered
29%
2. Smith and Wesson/Colt 38 revolver- reliable and misfires less of a problem though reloading is gonna be stressful!
No votes
3. 870 Remington sawed off 12 ga pump very powerful but not easy to use in very cramped quarters with a flashlight
6%
4. Browning Hi Power- 13 rounds is nice but ball 9mm from the 60's
45%
5. High Standard 22 auto pistol suppressed- quiet, which preserves your hearing and sneak factor but it's a 22
19%

Total votes: 31

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Tunnel Rat Poll

Post by JF89 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 am

NT2C wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:09 am
My personal choice would be a flight of B-52 loaded with a few MOABs, but that's just me.
Did they have MOABs back in the 60s?

A hydrogen bomb would work though.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am

JF89 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 am
NT2C wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:09 am
My personal choice would be a flight of B-52 loaded with a few MOABs, but that's just me.
Did they have MOABs back in the 60s?

A hydrogen bomb would work though.
Okay, so a time machine and a flight of B-52s loaded with MOABs.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Chaos454

Post by Chaos454 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 pm

I'll go with the colt 45. When it comes to ball ammo I go with the large hole theory. Not really scientifically accurate, but it gives me piece of mind. I did some tunnel training in a jungle warfare school. It makes clearing houses feel like a walk in the park. Based on that training I had to rule out anything bigger than a handgun.

If we're talking more modern times, or my son gets his time machine to work, I've always thought those small, portable flamethrowers might be an interesting idea.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:30 am

Chaos454 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 pm
...I've always thought those small, portable flamethrowers might be an interesting idea.
Three things immediately spring to mind:
  1. The illumination from the flame is going to flash-blind you
  2. The flame is going to use up air you might want to have for breathing
  3. Anything you hit is going to smoke to some extent, making breathing problematic
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

KevinWimerAuthor

Post by KevinWimerAuthor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 pm

I went with the 1911 as that is what would have been more historically correct. The Browning HP was around but I'm doubting it was out there in high numbers. The 45acp was still being used by the Marines and Army. Tunnel Rat's were a special breed. I would not have wanted to do it and to think they had the balls and guts to do it, blows my mind.

I would take a 1911, hunting knife and the flashlight. Maybe a diaper too. I think I would need that.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”