How do we feel about CDNN?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

How do we feel about CDNN?

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:08 am

They've got a smokin' deal on Remington 220gr subsonic 300 BLK right now, and about to order a few boxes... Vaguely recall reading/hearing something about them in the past but no personal experience dealing w/them.

Any feedback from anyone here who has actual experience dealing w/'em?

Thanks in advance...
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: How do we feel about CDNN?

Post by crypto » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:50 am

I like them a lot. I've ordered several guns from them in the past, and a lot more non-gun items.

When I've paid $10 more for a premium pick from a large lot of surplus guns, I've gotten stuff that looks better than the non-premium ones from that same lot.

They ship fast, and they seem to have their shit together.

No complaints.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

I've ordered from them a lot and never had an issue
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Thanks y'all... Appreciate the feedback.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

SRO1911

Post by SRO1911 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Im a frequent customer - but I cheat, up untill a couple months ago I lived about 10 blocks from them (now its a 20 mile trip)
They do NOT have a storefront, but they do work with local dealers very closely. I can drop by my LGS in the morning and tell them what I want - and pick it up after lunch usually.

Its a family owned business and during the last panic they did institute order limits, and got a little behind on shipping due to hugely increased demand.

minengr

Post by minengr » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:57 am

I wish I'd bough more of the FN SPR actions they sold for $300 several years ago. The few times I've purchased from them I didn't have any issues.
Bullet drop is physics, reading wind is voodoo

Groucho
Favorite Zombie Movies: original Dawn of the Dead

Post by Groucho » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:39 pm

I got some bad Ruger mags from them. The followers would jam. Turn the magazine upside down and the rounds would fall out. CDNN promptly replaced the bad mags. They did say any further problems I would have to deal directly with Ruger.
Three men and a woman trapped in a building, send help. If you can't send help send two more women. Groucho Marx-Duck Soup

USAF SP 72-77,US Army reserves 84-92

delarey

Post by delarey » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm

They've always treated me right...only purchased ammo and mags from them though.

darius379

Post by darius379 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Cdnn is good stuff
I come for the BOVS and stay for the ZOMBIES

tedbeau

Post by tedbeau » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:30 am

I have never bought a gun from them, but I did just buy (4) 20 round AK mags, Korean military issue. All new and in the packaging, no issues and they arrived two days after I ordered. I wish they had a better online order process, but other than that they seem to be OK.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:04 pm

What the heck is CDNN?
Boldly going nowhere

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 pm

http://www.cdnnsports.com/

Formerly known as CDNN Investments. They used to get (and may still sometimes) some really off the wall, cool shit. Several years ago they had a small batch of Mateba auto-revolvers. Not too long ago they had some Claridge Hi-tecs.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

LJ126
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, 28 Days/Weeks, The Crazies, The Reanimator, etc. I love 'em all!

Post by LJ126 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Just ordered magazines from them. Fast shipping, good prices. What's not to like?
...As the great warrior poet O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

duckear

Post by duckear » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:13 am

Good to go

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 am

yossarian wrote:http://www.cdnnsports.com/

Formerly known as CDNN Investments. They used to get (and may still sometimes) some really off the wall, cool shit. Several years ago they had a small batch of Mateba auto-revolvers. Not too long ago they had some Claridge Hi-tecs.
Looks pretty awesome. I love off the wall firearms. I'm not even ashamed of my lemon squeezer phase.
Boldly going nowhere

SNAFU-M1A

Post by SNAFU-M1A » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 am

I hate to think how much money I've spent there!!! They are my go to place for mags. They use to get in a lot of police trade-in mags & guns & sell them for great prices. I bought a bunch of Glock 21 mags for $10, H&K USP45 mags for $20 & S&W 4506 mags for $20 a few years ago. I'vo bought a couple police trade-in & new guns from them as well. They always ship fast & I've never had any problems.

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 pm

My experiences have been largely okay with cdnn. I did have a problem once where I ordered an upper and Jackie sent it to my old workplace (I hadn't worked there for six years), which was a retail store at the mall. The employees opened the box and were apparently pretty rattled. But it eventually got resolved, and that was the only problem I had.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

LJ126
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, 28 Days/Weeks, The Crazies, The Reanimator, etc. I love 'em all!

Post by LJ126 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:05 pm

I've never had issues with CDNN. On the other hand, OpticsPlanet.... We'll see how they do when my replacement sights get here.
...As the great warrior poet O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 am

ashwednesday wrote:My experiences have been largely okay with cdnn. I did have a problem once where I ordered an upper and Jackie sent it to my old workplace (I hadn't worked there for six years), which was a retail store at the mall. The employees opened the box and were apparently pretty rattled. But it eventually got resolved, and that was the only problem I had.
HAHAHA Nothing like finding assault rifle parts in the candle section of Bath and Body Works!!!!

I have always heard good about CDNN and they have some smoking deals now and then. They will have the same issues as any large scale distributor, so mistakes can happen
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:06 am

Wow, thanks for this post...... I'm going to have to order a few 10/22 mags... maybe a couple of the 100rd .223 mags for giggles! Ammo though, I didn't find it all that cheap, the 22lr ammo was a bit over priced for my taste, I got 550rd for around $35. They also don't seem to have any 5.56/.223 ammo, which disappoints me.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

eeb

Post by eeb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:00 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
ashwednesday wrote:My experiences have been largely okay with cdnn. I did have a problem once where I ordered an upper and Jackie sent it to my old workplace (I hadn't worked there for six years), which was a retail store at the mall. The employees opened the box and were apparently pretty rattled. But it eventually got resolved, and that was the only problem I had.
HAHAHA Nothing like finding assault rifle parts in the candle section of Bath and Body Works!!!!

I have always heard good about CDNN and they have some smoking deals now and then. They will have the same issues as any large scale distributor, so mistakes can happen
That would be awesome! Make the mall worth visiting. Most malls around here are anti-gun, though.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”